Intencity Movieworld

Churros

Movieworld has shown its hand with the new attraction due later this year. Check out the pictures below. It seems the replacement of the Matrix exhibit will be the formerly rumoured, Midway Games, but Movieworld will be calling the section, 'Intencity Movieworld'. At least this is what can be expected by the sign. The signage also suggests that included in the installation are new bumper cars for Movieworld. As for the relationship between this attraction and the directly adjacent building being constructed, we will have to wait and see. No further news on the Looney Tunes area though. IntecityMW22-08-07001-1.jpgIntecityMW22-08-07004.jpgIntecityMW22-08-07005.jpg

Interesting. Does anyone else think that the current facade they are using just is completely wrong? There is way too much happening in it, too bright for the area, and could have possibly been done a tad bit better. Just look how cheap it looks, especially next to the rest of their facades. Thats just my thoughts though.

In my opinion, it doesn't look bad, but it just doesn't stand out. There is no thought. Heck, even the facades in Wiggles World work better than that does. Sure, it does grab peoples attention, but it lacks any detail, which is ofcourse what Movie World has been about in previous years. Compare this to say the Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster facade, and you will see my point.

I can totally see what this has to do with movies.
Yeah well maybe not movies but definately Theme Parks unfortunately! Does nothing for me but I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that will enjoy it. They could have done so much better with the space. Oh well, lets wait and see before we judge

When I first saw it I assumed the signage was just temporary until the building is finished. It's just a 2D vinyl (or whatever) covering. You can even see wrinkles in the fabric where it hasn't been stuck on well. I don't mind the actual graphic design at all, it almost has a western look about it, but it certainly doesn't look like a finished product?! But then again this building has only ever been used for temporary attractions, which is what this might be. That would explain them not forking out big cash for a proper facade. I do think the Dodgems cars will be a good move - as much as I personally hate seeing them in a theme park... for some reason they are always a crowd favourite. And as we've always said Movie World could do with a few more generic flat rides

^Yeah, I don't think that facade is perminent. After all they havn't evern finsihed internal construction and stuff yet, and the building next to it hasn't been built. I think they are just using it to gain hype. Similar to the banners, etc they usually put on the construction fences. With the way the wind was today, the banners didn't look like they were intended to be perminent. As for the idea of the area itself, they havn't finished yet, so it could be really good. As for its relationship to movies, I honestly can't create the link just yet. Once they have progressed further with that building and see what they are doing with the old Thomstone building we might be able to make some better judgements.

I think Movieworld have picked a really good decision. :) It definetely wasn't what I was thinking but it looks like it'll fit into that side of the park with ease. I think the sign looks "westernish" and if MW are going to theme it right then I think it will be a real winner and a good crowd stealer with the bumper cars! A question that is on my mind is if Movieworld are going to make an arcade with free games? B) ; something like Disney Quest. Mabey MW will buy games that are interactive and inovative, like at Disney Quest with the Jungle cruiser thing. I think that this would be a good idea, as it would be like an arcade, but free and making it feel like a permanent ride rather than a cheapo arcade you can find at your local shopping centre. Movieworld I think will do a reasonable job with this even if it is just a crummy arcade that you can find at your local shopping centre! :P CoAsTeRbOy8

I think the facade is cheap and and unconsidered, and I pray it is temporary. As for the attraction, is it named after intensity that is the gaming arcades? or is it something else? My personal views of arcades in themeparks is that it's a silly idea in any themepark. It's promoting people wasting their time playing arcade cames you can play at any arcade or even at home when you can actually experience much more from a ride. Not to mention it costs alot more to go to a themepark than an arcade. As far as dodgems are concerned, i feel they are there simply to compete against dreamworld, they are low capacity and i feel they are quite old fashioned and somewhat out of place for movieworld. I feel movieworld is transitioning from a moviepark into more of a broad and more generalised themepark.

I like the colours and design, although I think it's a little bit two dimensional. It wouldn't have taken much extra work to make the "Intencity" signs protrude out the side of the building. I love the idea of bumper cars at Movie World! This is the kind of attraction that Movie World really needs: a filler attraction for ALL ages. I really like the direction that Movie World is headed. They've done so much to increase their capacity over the past few years. It's fabulous.

^ I don't think that's it at all.. I believe there are other plans for the old Maverick building (both short & long term). I'm with Adam on this one - I think it will make for a great filler attraction, giving the Park more balance. The new additions for the Tune Village will also help create this and it's good to see such additions being made between the much bigger developments (which we obviously won't see this year.)

Looking at their additions in the last couple of years, I think we should actually be pleased that they are going to so much effort this year. It is believed they are putting, what?... something like two new rides in Looney Tunes? I'm not sure. And they are building bumper cars, which is a very good attraction. Movieworld needs more of these kind of things. I know it isn't particularly movie based, and they need more shows and whatnot, but this will only help the park in my opinion. Generally give people more things to do. But moreso, free up other areas around the park.

I think Movieworld have picked a really good decision. :) It definetely wasn't what I was thinking but it looks like it'll fit into that side of the park with ease. I think the sign looks "westernish" and if MW are going to theme it right then I think it will be a real winner and a good crowd stealer with the bumper cars! A question that is on my mind is if Movieworld are going to make an arcade with free games? B) ; something like Disney Quest. Mabey MW will buy games that are interactive and inovative, like at Disney Quest with the Jungle cruiser thing. I think that this would be a good idea, as it would be like an arcade, but free and making it feel like a permanent ride rather than a cheapo arcade you can find at your local shopping centre. Movieworld I think will do a reasonable job with this even if it is just a crummy arcade that you can find at your local shopping centre! :P CoAsTeRbOy8
I don't think it looks westernish. It looks like a circus facade. Yuck. If Movie World opens an arcade in this area I think I'll pass out. The area already has no link with movies that I can see and an arcade make that link more distant. Opening an arcade would only continue to deteriorate the idea of paying for entry into theme parks and that's all you pay. MW and DW especially are introducing all these stupid things where you have to pay extra after you enter. Things like the rock-climbing walls and those R-C boats at DW and the lockers at SE in MW. It's ridiculous.
I like the colours and design, although I think it's a little bit two dimensional. It wouldn't have taken much extra work to make the "Intencity" signs protrude out the side of the building. I love the idea of bumper cars at Movie World! This is the kind of attraction that Movie World really needs: a filler attraction for ALL ages. I really like the direction that Movie World is headed. They've done so much to increase their capacity over the past few years. It's fabulous.
Personally, I don't like the direction MW is heading. Their attractions seem to have less and less theming and it looks as though their theming is now steering away from movies. I mean, Batwing's theming was a hedge and some batmobiles. I reckon the least they could have done with that was have a different batmobile from each of the movies. That said, It's really good how well they've maintained their other well-themed areas of the park. I really hope that this new area does end up creating a link to movies.It's MovieWorld after all. Edited by Swanny

I personally think they should have done the arcade as a sort of continuation of the Matrix theme after the closure of the exhibit. The franchise isn't exactly hot property anymore, and the films all had that computery theme. It could have had an interior in a similar style to the matrix exhibit, call it something like "The Zion Arcade". Maybe they could have enticed people in there by just putting a few static displays of some of the Matrix props from the exhibit in glass cabinets on the walls (Just like in a theme restaurant) Though, I guess in a way what they are doing could be thought of as having a "Showbiz" theme, make it a little less circusy and it would be ok. Also, I personally wouldn't be to opposed to them cutting back the wild West themed area just so some of these things they are putting down this end make a bit more sense

well the link to Intencity arcades is undisputed, however i'm surprised if they were going to make the link that obvious that they wouldn't use the logo already created. The original intencity - at Parramatta Westfield would certainly have been something i'd love to see in Movie World - with all the Virtual Reality style interactives, but standard console games - time crisis or daytona and so on.... yuk... I have said however that it would be a great filler, and it will be. Buy anyway... we'll have to see what they do with it.

If there are going to go with a intercity type arcade ( which i hope they don't ), they should look at Galatic Circus at crown in Melbourne. Still once i pay $60.00 or so dollars to enter a park, the last thing i want to do is fork out more money for any upcharge type ride/games/things.

- Personally Ive got no time for an arcade at a park. Coming from Sydney, I can visit Paradise centre or whatever it is now called on Cavill Ave - the old Grundys !!!! - If I want a go on a driving sim. I personally would like to see some older style ammusements in there....real retro stuff, mechanical pinballs, those old fortune teller machines, etc etc. - and if they must go "video games' - the older the better - Moon Cresta , Asteroid, Bezerk etc etc - all 20c a game !!!!!!!!! Showing my age now !

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Intencity is permanent, it probably will stay the same as it is with the exception of the bumper cars. It is not free, it will cost you in fact it will empty your pockets of spare change in exchange for a few ticket which you may exchange for gifts, that's if you spend enough money to get enough tickets. I'm sorry to say but its purely a money spinner. The games arcade at Dreamworld made over $1,000,000 profit last year, MW wants a piece of that pie...