Sign in to follow this  
coasterfreak

Mad Mouse For Sale

19 posts in this topic

Looking at UsedRides.com, there is a Mad Mouse similar to Luna Park's Mouse in Australia for sale. The ad says that the ride is in SA. I'm in NSW so I have no idea where it could be. There is more info at the page below: Used Rides

As this is the last year of the Mad Mouse at the Adelaide Show, following is some facts and figures from its last 44 years. minimum height in metres for Mad Mouse riders: 1.2m number of people normally in a Mad Mouse carriage: 2 number of carriages on the Mad Mouse: 16 (though the ad says 12?) number of seconds a ride takes: 60area in square metres the Mad Mouse covers: 608.35 number of people who ride the Mad Mouse at the Show each year: 30,000–40,000 number of people who have ridden the Mad Mouse: 1.5 million I will be taking a trip down memory lane and will ride the Mad Mouse for one last time!

If I remember rightly, the Mad Mouse was $6.00 to ride last year! It would be great if it was to be retained in SA somewhere. Its current site is being transformed into another large scale pavilion. so I dont think it will be moved to another sector on the showgrounds site.

From Adelaide's Advertiser Royal Show Guide, has stated that the Mad Mouse will be replaced with a new temporary roller coaster for the Adelaide Show from next year. Also, 2 of the Mad Mouse cars are being donated, one to the Adelaide Show's Archives, the other will be auctioned at the forthcoming Olympic Dinner to help send athletes to the Beijing Olympics. Will be interested to see how much they get?

bluman said it'll be auctioned at an Olympic Dinner, which are formal gala-type events that olympians and well-to-do types attend. You can expect it to go for well above what it'd normally be worth in a trade auction as you would expect at a charity event filled with egos, money and alcohol.

Went to the Adelaide Show today! To ride the Mad Mouse cost $8.00. $6.00 for second and subsequent rides if you got your hand stamped. It was inline with other ride costs at this years show.

Not sure if anyone knows but would this ride be the one they had at Rye, Carnival in Victoria this summer with Wittingslow? It looks very similar? they had the Mad Mouse this year and the Taipan the year before, The Mad mouse was much more enjoyable and it didn't seem as rough!!

Nah, its not the one that appears at Rye etc, as said earlier in this thread it is the one that lived at the Adelaide showgrounds on a permanent basis. As you may notice, it is on top of another building, and hence non travelling.

Edited by Gazza

Nah, its not the one that appears at Rye etc, as said earlier in this thread it is the one that lived at the Adelaide showgrounds on a permanent basis. As you may notice, it is on top of another building, and hence non travelling.
Ah yeah i see it now, looks very alike. The mad Mouse at rye was a zippy little thing i loved it LOL! Wasn't a fan of the one they had last year, the Taipan it was rough and i didn't enjoy it. Thank you for solving my curiosity ;)

Went to the Adelaide Show today! To ride the Mad Mouse cost $8.00. $6.00 for second and subsequent rides if you got your hand stamped. It was inline with other ride costs at this years show.
WOW... What value!

And Taipan's not a bad little ride either. Also, riding the Galaxi at Indiana Beach last year was a bit of a scary experience with the lack of seatbelts.

Edited by Tony Teulan