It's baaack...Halloween Family Fun at Warner Bros. Movie World

Jamberoo Fan

It's baaack...Halloween Family Fun at Warner Bros. Movie World From Tuesday 30th October thru to Thursday 1st November, Warner Bros. Movie World will host three fantastic Halloween Family Fun night-time events from 5.45pm to 9.00pm each night; join Scooby-Doo and the Mystery Inc gang as they enjoy all the mystery and intrigue associated with a night of ghoulish fun and scary antics. There'll be a host of spooky special guests including all your favourite Movie World characters and loads of entertainment taking place in the ghostly atmosfear of Main St, with a selection of spine tingling thrills and chills on the Big Screen and spooky happenings throughout the park – heaps of ghostly games will be played and great prizes will be won. Prizes for the best fancy dress costume and free Trick or Treat for the kids; presented by Cadbury. All this, plus the fun of Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster, Shrek 4-D Adventure, Superman Escape, Batwing Spaceshot and heaps of eerie entertainment to keep you on your toes! Only $70 for a family of four (any combination of child/adult/pensioner), or $20 per single ticket entry if pre-booked - $25 for a single ticket if purchased at the gate on the night (this is subject to tickets being available on the night - as Halloween was Sold Out last year).* So get into some Spooky Fun at Warner Bros. Movie World on Tuesday October 30th and Wednesday 31st and Thursday 1st November from 5.45pm – 9.00pm! BOOK ONLINE NOW or telephone – 133 FUN (13 33 86), or purchase direct from Warner Bros. Movie World Ticket Booths! * Admission price does not apply to children under three years of age. $3.95 booking fee applies per transaction through 133 FUN.

Received a flyer in the mail... "$20 Book Now... $25 at the gate... $3.95 surcharge applies for bookings..." I guess you don't really save $5 booking early, but I guess that isn't the point. :P Should be great if it's anything like last time, really looking forward to it!

• 2 weeks later...
I had always thought it was a breach of trade practices to advertise something at a certain price and then lump on an unavoidable extra charge. There is no way tickets could be gotten for just $20 so why be deliberately misleading?
I agree with you. It's like ticketek and ticketmaster 7. They charge you like $4.00 even if you print out your own ticket. Your using your own printer and paper so they shouldn't charge you. Now back on topic. I bought my ticket at MW yesterday. Can't wait to ride SE at nite.

Superman's better at day but lethal weapon is a whole new coaster at night, the G's felt so much stronger for some reason?
Did the ride feel faster than normal? I rode it once and it felt alot faster than normal, and you could really feel the G's. Went back to ride it again a little later that day and it was closed...

Is it because you can't see where you are going, so you don't really expect the forces as much or something along those lines?
Yes, something similar to that, also your exhaustion through the days activities and usually your body's ready for rest because your body usual has a sleep/rest routine. So you could pretty much say its because your body's unprepared and not seeing anything just helps. what i said before, lethal weapon is so much better at night. Zane.

• 4 weeks later...

I regret to advise that due to planned maintenance, the WWF ride will be closed for maintenance commencing monday 15th oct for a duration of 3 weeks which means it "wont" be running on the halloween nights. Also Bat Ride will closed from the 15th as well for at least 2 weeks and it too may be closed on halloween...I know, it wont be the same without them but there should be enough going on to entertain the masses. I am not happy with the decision about WWF, as it is the most popular ride in the park. I will do everything in my power to try and convince otherwise, cant promise anything though. They are already rostering staff so....

Totally agree. If they're planning maintenance in advance, surely they can organise this maintenance to start later, especially since the "most popular ride in the park" will be out of commission on a special event, where the park is being showcased. Also, just wondering what we'll be in for as far as the Halloween theme goes? (First time this year)

im going here with a few of my friends and my brother... Should be fun, and im going to ride Superman escape for the first time ever! Hopefully its not that scary especially at night time *gulp* and im hoping to get a Annual pass as I have been to movieworld ever since i was 4 years old ;)
On the movieworld website it says that "There are currently no Rides or Attractions scheduled for maintenance" Where did you get that information. As i'm on the Gold Coast for two weeks starting Nov and i don't want to miss them two rides.

I agree with you. It's like ticketek and ticketmaster 7. They charge you like $4.00 even if you print out your own ticket. Your using your own printer and paper so they shouldn't charge you. Now back on topic. I bought my ticket at MW yesterday. Can't wait to ride SE at nite.
i thought your going to gold coast in december from your siggy