Superman Escape - NoLimits

jcgoldcoast

Hey all, Here is my recreation of Superman. You will need to copy the folder called "Superman" in to your the "objects" folder inside the "NoLimits" folder, as well as putting the Superman track file in your "tracks" folder. I will be packaging this file so all you have to do is follow the prompts, but my windows computer is being stupid at the moment and wont do it. I will update this post when it has been packaged. If you don't know what I mean with the files, feel free to PM me and I will help you as much as I can. The track is about 80m longer than Movieworlds stats, but I believe that they may just be talking about the track after the launch (wich is aprox the right length to be what they are talking about.) Here we go with the stats! Length: 842.8m Height: 40m Ride Time: 1 min 36 seconds (from restraints down to restraints up) High Speed: 103 km Launch Speed: 100 km Launch Force: 4 G's If you spot any inaccuracies, please feel free to let me know about them and I will try and fix them! When this track is updated I will be including more detail on the internal sections of track, as well as outsude the building, but for now my 3D modeling skills arent quite up to scratch for work like that :P Don't forget, comments of any kind are always appreciated! (Especially constructive criticism!) jcgoldcoast

Superman.zip

Woah, great effort. Pretty cool, but as you requested, here is some advice. -Launch is WAY too powerful, I wont bore you with the calculations, but to do 0 to 100 in 2 secs would require your launch force to be set at 1.6 g If you want, consider using a transport segment rather than a lift hill as it behaves a little more realistically than a lift hill segment. If you wanted you could make a simple long thin rectangular 3d object and put it on the track to make it look like the launch cable. -There seems to be an odd little S bend between the car crash scene and the launch which doesn't exist in real life. -Also in the preride section the two back to back u turns (first u turn is the flood, second is the car crash) make the s bend between the turns less severe. The way it is now the track bends quite a lot, Make it more like that first little s bend in the ride where the gas mains are, in terms of tightness if you get what I mean. -Maybe look at reshaping (tighten the peaks a bit) the two airtime points so they produce -1 g as experienced in the ride -Make the trains yellow, not red, and perhaps use a darker shade of blue for the supports. -In the main part, its pretty much spot on, I think the main reason for 100m in extra length is because the layout is slightly larger in scale than the real thing. The only way I can think of fixing this is to save the whole high speed part of the ride as one premade element, then put it back in but scale it down a tad. This is the best pic I could find, and I manually added on the scale by comparing with the map image. post-88-1188125494_thumb.jpg Fixing this might not be too hard acutally, since you have the hard part right, all it would require is redoing the dark ride section to match up, which could be done really easily. -Do custom supports on the airtime hills if you really want it accurate and feel like doing it, the R-C galleries can help But I mean to date you have done an awesome job, you clearly know what you are doing, and since you have said you are updating the ride I can't see you having much trouble in getting it really accurate. Also, if you are re-doing the 3D objects, make the tunnels a little less narrow, In the real ride they are actually fairly wide and have a walkway on each side of the track.

Edited by Gazza

What a nice birthday present this was for me (my birthday was 27/8). There are 3 things wrong with this which bother me. One has already been mentioned by Gazza (which is the car scene). The second is the Tophat. To me, it looks rather off-shape, mainly the down side to it. Not sure though, it may just be me. And finally, I noticed in the objects folder, there is a pic of the Superman Escape logo (the blue one on the Launch Motor Room), however I have noticed it is not popping in the simulator. Is this just me, or can jpg images not be added to NL files? Apart from those though, it was great. And thank you for sharing.

Edited by T-bone

Hey T-bone - and all others that may have noticed this - the SE logo is actually on the side of the launch room, as it is in real life, however because of the shadows that are cast by the simulator you cant see it. I'll eventually work out an environment to go with the re-creation that does show off any special touches that have been added (such as the logo). It is actually a texture on a 3D model, and no, jpg images cannot be added directly to NL files (as far as I am aware or have seen anyway :P) I have also worked on the car crash scene and have removed that kink, however I am still not quite happy with how the track is sitting and I have to re-do much of the 3D tunnels to accommodate the modified track, so I will not upload an updated version till I have the 3D work complete. I have also been working on re-scaling the track so that it is the actual length as indicated by the Movieworld website. Gazza your idea of saving the track as an element worked wonderfully! I just have to re-jig the track a bit so the forces are all in check! I have also tried to make the trains yellow (how could I forget that?) however for some reason the simulator still renders the car as red....maybe I will have to give the trains a custom texture? As time goes on I will also make custom supports, however for the time being I am lazy and am going to stick with pre-made ones - except for the top hat of course! Thanks for the replies so far guys, its these comments that help make the track a better riding experience for all! jcgoldcoast

I managed to find the logo by spinning the motor room around in the editor. As for making the trains yellow, It worked for me, so if worst came to worst I could just change the colour after downloading ;) One idea I got after looking over is from those transparent queue rails you did. What if you made a transparent "smoke" type thing and layered a few of them at the tunnel entrances/exits, so you could simulate the effect of the cloud of smoke obscuring your view for a second as in the real ride. If you are interested , maybe just post a top view screen shot from the editor of the dark ride section..people could doodle in paint all over the resulting image, if you wanted feedback. But this is so cool, someone really committed to a project like this.

OMG GAZZA, YOU ARE OFFICIALLY A GENIUS! That smoke idea just ascited the you don't want to know what out of me :D I think I scared the whole airport and had security running over to me asking what's going on! *calms down a little* Here is the top view from editor for people to scribble/doodle on too :)

post-536-1188492689_thumb.png

Hey Jcgoldcoast, great work on the recreation! :D Even though i haven't seen it yet (I don't have NoLimits), but it sounds pretty good by the posts. :lol: If it's possible, could you put up some screenshots (photos) of the ride, so that people without NoLimits can see what you have created. From the previous posts it seems that there were a couple errors but I'm sure there only minor details and you have the basics of the ride right. Thanks, CoAsTeRbOy8

Edited by Coaster Boy 8

• 1 month later...

Hi guys Sorry to bump an old thread, thought it'd be better than starting a new one. Inspired by the great work JCGoldCoast has done, I've started working on yet another recreation. I think I'm close to right. A couple of things are bugging me, such as JC's problem of having too much track, but I can't seem to figure out where. Also, some of the G's are a little high, but most are pretty right. Please let me know any changes to make to fix up the G's, and the track length. Cheers guys! Edit: Added revised track file and two new pictures

post-224-1191393358_thumb.jpg

post-224-1191393369_thumb.jpg

MySuperman.zip

post-224-1191551050_thumb.jpg

post-224-1191551063_thumb.jpg

Edited by ads086

• 3 years later...