New WVTP Website

Jamberoo Fan

Could it be? A WVTP website that doesn't suck? Looking good from what I have seen so far. They actually have pics of the rides, and video! Edit: It appears all the old WVTP site have been replaced by this. Digging a bit more, there also seems to be a "gallery" section on the site, hopefully Ian pulls a few strings and gets a few of his photos in there.

Edited by Gazza

The new site won't be officially launched until late this month or early next month; for now it's a soft opening to iron out the bugs etc., which is why it's just now appeared without any sort of announcement. Definitely a positive step, and it's great to see them move away from the very dated separate sites they've had for years now.

So hoping that they would have some sort of combined annual pass on the combined site, but didn't see it. Might only go to sea world/WW once or twice a year, but it would really add value to the pass as I doubt I'd go without it. In the UK, a £95 ( 75 renewal ) , thats $220 gives you unlimited entry to Alton Towers Resort, Thorpe Park, Chessington World of Adventure & Zoo, Madame Tussauds London, Warwick Castle and the British Airways London Eye in the UK and All International Madame Tussauds (New York, Amsterdam, Las Vegas, Shanghai & Hong Kong), Portaventura, Parc Asterix and Heide Park. And that is really a no brainer for a coaster fan.

• 8 months later...

It seems as if Myfun has been updated again, and now features all their latest acquisitions, sadly, the terrible techno loop remains. Now that they have all these properties, it is high time that they started selling company wide annual passes that cover all their properties, much like what Six Flags, Busch, and Merlin have been doing for some time. If they aren't selling these by the time African Safari World opens, we're getting screwed over.

Edited by Gazza

My thoughts are that the integrated branding needs to be rethought substantially. The whole website feels way too cluttered and in that sense takes away from their biggest asset -- the Gold Coast theme parks. Their MyFun branding is a huge asset that they'd be crazy not to use for their new aquisitions but they've expanded a website that was designed for their six Gold Coast properties to include all their others. In regards to annual passes, it seems like such an obvious opportunity if their three-park pass was expanded to be a company-wide annual pass for the same price. Of course, now that they've got some national and international properties, it's a very easy way to boost the value of the passes with very little in the way of added costs. The only reason that Six Flags etc. are able to offer such seemingly generous annual passes is because the buyer in all likelihood would typically only visit a handful of other attractions at the most. On top of this, buyers of such passes at their other locations -- e.g. a family in Sydney buying them at the Aquarium because they are planning a Gold Coast trip in six months -- gives WVTP an immediate edge by securing their purchase long before their competition is able to have any influence.

Yeh I noticed the new site a couple of days ago. I think it is a little strange at the top where you select the park you want to view that all the GC themeparks apear last and aren't visible unless you scroll across.
While it does appear a little cluttered, the MyFun site has been operating for quite a while now, and most people logging on there for the gold coast parks would already know it is there, and just notice that there are now new properties on it as well. If nothing else, its a good little brag book - of how many properties they're actually operating, however their "gold coast lineup" is 9 "attractions", but five of them are all contained within the Sea World Complex. WBMW, WnW, AOS, Paradise Country, Sea World, Sea World Resort, Sea World Animal Adventures, Sea World Helicopters, Sea World Whale Watch. Dreamworld could have the same brag book by outfitting their site as: DreamWorld DreamWorld Helicopters DreamWorld Tiger Island DreamWorld Tiger Walks White Water World Dreamworld FlowRider Dreamworld Big Brother Studios DreamWorld Big Brother House Tours I just think they're stretching their My Fun site with the 5 attractions all revolving around Sea World itself. (Thanks for picking that up CAD.... im running on little to no sleep this week) Edited by AlexB

^ Perhaps, but aside from the animal adventures, the rest of the Seaworld stuff can be done without going into the Seaworld theme park. You don't need to go into the park to go on a senic flight, stay at the resort or go whale watching, so in that sense I can understand the seperate entries. Seaworld in this instance is more of a brand name then anything, and besides that, they are only sub-headings.

• 2 years later...

Two years later and MyFun has had another redesign. When first looking at the homepage I thought it looked much nicer than the previous one which featured Flickr photos, in-company advertising and a whole lot of things sort of just tacked on. But, when I moved onto any of the other pages, they have just replaced the header and footer which continues the previous tacked on theme. Hopefully I'm just too soon and they are going to redesign the other pages shortly. post-2117-1279927521_thumb.png