DreamWorld's Nick hype

Slick

In a attempt to get even more people into the park, they have recently placed the two Nickelodeon celebrities from the show 'Sarvo, and also, in the latest media release on their website (www.dreamworld.com.au) they have stated *** MEET REGGIE, JO OR BELINDA FROM BIG BROTHER *** Don't miss the opportunity to meet Big Brother winner Reggie and her fellow housemates Jo and Belinda appearing live in the Big Brother House at Dreamworld from September 22 to October 10. The girls will be signing autographs, having photos and meeting fans at scheduled times throughout the day. It's a rare chance to find out what really happened in the house plus all the inside Big Brother gossip. You may even get the chance to hear an, "Oh Bugger!" *** BIG BROTHER HOUSE OPEN *** While you're there, check out the Big Brother House which is open for inspection until January 2003. Guests can wander through the house, garden and camera runs to see where all the live television action took place. The House is also proving hot property for Christmas parties and corporate functions. House tours are included in the Dreamworld entry price while corporate functions and parties can be booked through Dreamworld's Special Events team on 07 5588 1124. *** WILD NEW SUNSET SAFARIS *** From September 22 to October 12, wildlife fans can go behind the scenes after dark to experience Dreamworld's amazing wildlife at their best in our new Sunset Safari including: · Up close encounters with tigers, woodland birds and native wildlife · Go spotlighting in the outback · Meet the tiger handlers · Visit back of house at Tiger Island and the Australian Wildlife Experience including veterinary, quarantine and food preparation areas. All under the careful guidance of our qualified wildlife staff. Only available as an in-park upgrade. *** DISCOVER ELLO AT DREAMWORLD *** Enter the wild new ELLO creation zone at Dreamworld where you can let your imagination run riot designing, building, changing and rearranging amazing people, creatures and places. Developed specifically for girls, Ello is the grooviest creation system since Leggo. The Ello creation zone is open from 10am to 4pm daily from September 31 to October 5. *** HANG OUT WITH ELIZA THORNBERRY AT NICK CENTRAL*** From October 1 to 4, Nickelodeon fans can go wild with Eliza Thornberry at Dreamworld's all new kids zone, Nick Central. Always on the lookout for adventure, Dreamworld's younger guests can meet and have photos with Eliza at scheduled times throughout the day. Also, don't miss the Rugrats, SpongeBob SquarePants, Blue and Jimmy Neutron appearing every day at Nick Central. Nick Central is the largest family theme park attraction on the Gold Coast, bursting with 16 different rides and attractions themed around today's top cartoon characters. Dreamworld is open from 10am to 5pm daily except Christmas Day and Anzac Day morning.

Pretty poor offering really. Every other park is opening a new attraction (Matrix Exhibat, Whirlpool, and Planet SOS), where as the best Dreamworld can do is Big Brother appearences (good reason to stay clear of the park), more character appearances, and the Sunset Sufari (which appears to be little more then a rip-off of Seaworld's early morning animal tour). Still, knowing DW, it'll probably work well for them :D

Well, if the truth must be told, I've been watching a lot of Nickelodeon the past few weeks - three hours of SpongeBob every day (12 'til 3) isn't so bad, especially since TV1 took off my Seinfeld, Becker, Frasier and Just Shoot Me lunchtime TV offerings (Monday to Friday I'm proud to say I have no life). The "Sarvo Dreamin' " thing doesn't seem half bad - it's targeting every 9-12 year old who watches Nickelodeon in the Greater Brisbane area, which isn't half bad marketing. Dreamworld's turn will come at Christmas, and I'll put my money down now and say that what they're up to will be the best low budget attraction of 2003.

Hypothetically speaking "if" i owned dreamworld, i would not at all put some Tomb Raider themed ride in Ocean Parade (please don't lecture me about the placing, obviously if there's going to be an attraction, it's gonna' be in the most people sucking area of the park okay?) but mind you, it's dreamworld we're talking about here, 2 "TOT"ALLY (hope you got that joke :P )different themes in a matter of metres is perfect for DW.

Well, if the truth must be told, I've been watching a lot of Nickelodeon the past few weeks - three hours of SpongeBob every day (12 'til 3)
Thats ok, Spongebob is afterall, the greatest cartoon ever. I just wih Dreamworld would've done a proper water fountain rather then just recycling the old jumping fountains from Kennyland. I think you could be right on the low budget attraction Richo. I'll be sure to check everything out (Whirlpool, Planet SOS, Matrix) of course, but you can't help but get the impression that this has been on the drawing board for along time, so I'm really looking forward to see what they can come up with. Still, with Matrix just opened, its probably not the best time to open a Movie themed walk-through (nor is it the best time to put a 3D IMAX movie on, which they probably would've already done if they could find a way to clean the glasses). So long as its not too close to whats already been opened, then it should be all good for the park. If it is the same as what Warner Village are offering, then I doubt it'll have the same impact.