Stingray in ocean Parade

dodge53

Stingray has been gone for ages. Last time I saw it, was when I was on an excursion with my brother's class and one of his students pulled the bar down and it came off or something. We made a joke that he broke it, but I went back no longer than a month later and the whole thing was gone. This was probably going back to late July now. I think this raises an interesting issue though. Is the phrase, "closed untill further notice" metaspeech for "it is gone but we aren't ready to admit it yet?"

• 3 months later...

The stingray is now back in ocean parade and back on the web site. What I find real interesting is why has Dreamworld closed a major attraction in the busiest time of the year as found below on Dreamworld web page. Thunder River Rapids in Gold Rush Country Dates closed: Tues 15th Jan through till Tues 29th Jan I went to Dreamworld last week and I was so pissed off at the queue times that I just ended up going home.

The stingray is now back in ocean parade and back on the web site. What I find real interesting is why has Dreamworld closed a major attraction in the busiest time of the year as found below on Dreamworld web page. Thunder River Rapids in Gold Rush Country Dates closed: Tues 15th Jan through till Tues 29th Jan I went to Dreamworld last week and I was so pissed off at the queue times that I just ended up going home.
Well Duh it's not called "Peak season" for nothing. What did you expect? Walk on crowds?

Now... that is just UNACCEPTABLE that Queue time! But maybe Dreamworld have decided to get a head start on maintenance considering this "Peak Season" has been rather depressing for the parks. I mean... from where I worked I could clearly see the "Ride Wait Times" board in front of Superman Escape, and the longest waits seemed to get for ANY of the rides was about 30 - 45 Mins (mainly Batwing, Scooby and Superman) But may I just ask, what ride was this 3 hour wait for? or was it for several rides. I know it wouldn't have been the Wipeout or the Claw but if it was that is just shocking...

Yeah, 3 hours is crap for any park, even hugely busy parks like Disney. Those are the sorts of queues major rides like TTD got in their opening season, not what you would expect from a medium sized park. Yeah its peak season, but they should be able to deal with the crowds and have spare capacity for these periods. And to me, shutting thunder river in the hottest part of the year is lunacy, its a bit unfair that everyone looking to escape the heat is forced onto the Log Ride.

They've shut Thunder River Rapids? No doubt there is some maintenance reason but if they had other rides to soak up the capacity that would be okay.... but they don't. Now let me just get this straight - Gold Rush Country is one of the major themed areas and currently there is NO mine ride, NO chairlift and NO river ride. So that leaves... nothing?! Not good enough! I am getting more and more horrified about this park every day and I just can't understand why Macquarie wouldn't want to protect their major asset

All Macquarie leisure seem to be interested in is that people still come through the gates $$$$$$$$$$$ CHING CHING What the guest have to do whilst in the park is irrelevant! LOL As long as they are in that all that matters! DW c'mon Pull the finger out, you are falling behind the rest of the TP's! I understand a ride may 'break down' and need repair but its closed for a fair amount of time, hence in my view (i may be wrong) that is poor management of Ride maintenance and upkeep. Last time i went on Thunder River my "VELCRO" seatbelt was so useless i had to hold it shut with my hand, as if i breathed out it fell off! it had no grip at all. I told this to the ride attendant who just seemed to look at me as if 'who cares' and sent it off to be re-loaded!