Hello!

joedoe21

Does Dreamworld ever change the ride programe on the WipeOut though? Every time i have ridden it (which was a while ago) it was always the same ride programe and you probaly only flipped completly over 3 or maybe 4 times a ride. Do they ever change it? Can they and do they ever run it manualy? anyway Shaun

Only ever seen Wipeout's cycle change once, and that was for the 'Xtremeworld' that they ran for a couple of years, although the normal version is allot more fun then the 'Xtreme' version. I'm pretty sure that Vekoma made the ride with a few extra sequences, but Dreamworld only uses the one (or is it a combination of 3 for one ride?) for Wipeout. The only other differences I've noticed is on rainy days the gears which control the gondola slip, and the gondola misses being flipped upside down. Quite fun I must say, especially since you expect it to do something else. On a side note, welcome to Total Thrills Joe, hope you had a good day at Dreamworld :)

Yeah. I had a great day with my mates :D We went on the rapids first, then the mine shaft (the queue was really REALLY short) then cyclone then wipeout..... and the day went on. Had lunch around 11.40. The cyclone is really good, i wasn't expecting that first loop. I think being short is a really bad thing at theme parks as my neck got sore after the cyclone. Anyways we ended up going on the wipeout 3 times, cyclone twice and everything else once. (we didn't go on the thunderbolt) Oh and we saw Clark Keating (From the Brisbane Lions) at Dreamworld too. I saw him behind us on the queue in the Tower of Terror and he was in front of us on the giant drop. I'm a big AFL fan, so that was really cool. (I'm a geelong supporter though, but Brisbane would be my second fav team) Overall the day was great, however I think we spent a bit too much time on the arcades. Next time I go, I will have to go to the blue lagoon and go for a swim, and check out the BB house (if its open) -Dan

• 1 month later...

On my annual visit to the Gold Coast this year, I was standing in the queue for Cyclone, and who do you think was at the top of the queue? Gary Ablett. I caught up with him later that day and had a chat. He was on holiday with one of his sons. I live in Geelong and I'm a huge cats fan. Darren - Go Cats Go.