Superman - good or bad first coaster?

ShadowXL

I'm going to movieworld hopefully this thursday and for the first time in my life im actually considering riding a major thrill ride. I have only ever riden scooby doo and the roadrunner rollercoaster. So i was wondering if anyone could describe what sort of sensations and feeling i would feel and if superman would be a good first coaster, should i start of with something a little less extreme? Thanks.

The most major sensations are being pushed into your seat as well as being ejected for it, you really cant prepare for this experiance but your sure in for a wild ride! (especially the launch) leathal weapon was my first coaster (I was 8 when I first went on it) I suggest too go on that first and if you like it try his buddy next door (aka superman) good luck (by the sounds of it you just might need it :lol: ) Zane.

good luck (by the sounds of it you just might need it :lol: )
haha probably do. its so weird im like come on you can do that and then when you get that you like nah no way haha. But like im slowly getting there. its only this year i've started riding rides so yes its very arh different but now im addicted to scooby doo so haha.

Once you get off you will want to ride it again (but you have to get on first hahahah) its very addictive (the launch) bye the way the first too cars provide the most airtime (being ejected form seat) but that pack provides constant speed (I would go for the back seats if I were you)

Edited by zane

Yeah think of it as jumping into a cold swimming pool. Once you get in and move around, you get used to it. But the more you hesitate, the worse the notion of getting in becomes!! Same with Superman, try not to just stand there watching it going around and doubting whether you should ride! Best way - go into the Park and just get straight on board!! You'll be amazed out how much you will love it. It's safe, smooth and bucket loads of fun. Good luck and be sure to write back your thoughts on the ride tomorrow:)

Yeah, Id try Superman before LW, LW is a bit rough and wild, But superman is just fast and smooth, a very comfortable ride that is perfectly engineered, so the turns and hills just feel cool. Once the launch happens you will be having fun right from that moment, its not really a scary ride IMO, just a lot of fun. It doesnt go upside down, so thats one less thing to worry about. Also, the airtime isnt really the butterflies in the stomach type, it feels more like trying to stand up if you get what i mean, so that also isn't a concern. Go for it! :)

Edited by Gazza

Definately do Superman Escape first. It might seem like a leap but it is by far and away the best. In my personal experience, prior to two years ago I really hadn't been on a coaster or thrill ride for almost 8 years. My brother convinced me that Superman Escape was a really good coaster, but I had no idea what to expect. I was a Superman fan so I thought it was just the thing I had to do haha. Plus, the concept of going 'Superman fast' really sounded awsome. That being said, the first time we went through, well... let's say its a good thing I was wearing brown undies. I had no idea what to expect and when the ride was finished I was salivating for more. Best day of my life I reckon.

I took some friends to Movieworld, and one of them was petrified of rides. We lined up for Superman Escape after throwing our stuff into the all-day lockers. We had to convince her it was perfectly safe and heaps of fun and not scary at all. We got to the end and saw the ride photo, and she decided we had to go again so we could all pose. This from the girl who wasn't game to get on it at all! Definitely a good choice for a first coaster.

Edited by ads086