Superman Escape train transfer

jcgoldcoast

Cant see why you couldn't reverse it I suppose, friction wheels are along the whole section so its not impossible, It would probably be better than wasting power launching it to get around, and I cant imagine them designing a system that forces you to launch it when it mightn't be desirable. Superman4777 would be the one to ask though.

Edited by Gazza

Just a question to the expert, but how quickly can you get a second train online? Often people have reported that queues can reach 45 minutes to 1 hour and yet they still run with one train. Is it feasible to put the second train on to deal with the long queue? Also, why do you have to mess around with metal plates to fool the sensors? Is this only needed when one train has been completely been removed? (Eg for a full dissasembly) I would have thought there would be a provision in the computer system to allow staff to tell it there is only 1 train in the system.

Again - some brilliant information from Superman7444! I noticed you missed the question about the amount of time it takes for the second car to be added (when it hasn't been completely removed). Or is this too close to a MW policy discussion? (I understand you wouldn't be able to comment on policy or management decisions.)

Thanks for the info! ^And during this 15 minutes, does the whole ride have to be stopped, or can you continue circulating the other train? If it takes just 15 minutes then why dont they bring the second train on immediatley once the queues hit a certain critical point (say 45 minutes) I just think if the system can easily deal with 2 trains then they should run 2 trains on most days, unless of course one train is in strip down, it might increase operational costs a bit, but hey that's what people are paying $62 for.

As I am currently finding out, Plc's can be tricky things indeed. I can see why the park would have the programing to run two trains rather than one. With two trains programmed, the computer only needs to know that the second train is in the loading bay, to run the one train without too much trouble. The easiest way to do it is to program the computer to understand that when sensors are triggered in the loading bay, one train is in play, when they are not triggered, two train operation is required. This would be the main reason that the ride is set this way and I would not be surprised if it is done that way for all rides, as you only require two extra sensors and a few extra lines of programming.