"Butterfly Feeling" A.k.a Weightlessness

What was the point of this topic again? Methinks there are too many ride wusses on this forum B) IMO anybody old enough to be in secondary school should be riding everything. Anyway, Superman would be on the list, though its not really true weightlessness. The airtime is on the hills and on the top hat.

Edited by Gazza

Ads086 is exactly right, just harden up and do it for yourself, why do you need someone to tell you personally its not bad, of course it's not going to be bad or else the ride wouldn't be open to the public. Don't live your life through others. I just think its funny that there are supposed' theme park enthusiasts' out there that wont go on stuff, they seem to want our parks to build all these new rides like B&Ms or whatever, yet they would be to soft to ride them themselves. But hey, if people want to spend $62 and only go on roadrunner that's their call, I'm sure they are getting so much out of their day. Also, people need to use a bit of common sense, if a ride is going fast towards the ground there is good chance (And by that I mean 99.9%) you will feel weightless, or close to it. Why even visit a theme park if you don't like this sensation, G-force is the whole basis of a ride, the more the better I say. Churros has the right idea for you guys, take a ride in a Taxi or a train, there is no risk of excitement whatsoever on these so they would be perfect.

Edited by Gazza

Hahaha...Well said Gazza, after all they are all "thrill" rides pixelpushed. Some definitions of thrill on the Web: cause to be thrilled by some perceptual input feel sudden intense sensation or emotion bang: the swift release of a store of affective force shudder: tremble convulsively, as from fear or excitement frisson: an almost pleasurable sensation of fright exhilarate: fill with sublime emotion; tickle pink something that causes you to experience a sudden intense feeling or sensation

Erm back on topic.. Lethal Weapon (first drop is pretty intense) Superman (I get the same feeling on the launch as I do on the first drop of LW) On superman, after going through the intenseness of the launch, all the drops don't give me any sort of butterfly feeling. I always tell people that after the launch, the rest of the ride is not scary at all, they don't believe me :P

but people might actually have a go at the ride if they know what they are in for kthx
Actually at the Warner Village owned parks, there are signs at ride entrances with warning triangles showing the specific sensations of the ride (eg speed, height, heat, darkness, wetness) then beside the triangle is a gauge showing how intense these sensations are. PS why cant people just watch the ride to see what they are in for? Edit: Sorry, but this all seems so feeble. When you try a ride for the first time are you honestly going to be thinking back to this thread, and thinking to yourself, "oh well roxon said there are some strong g's on the drop, and coasterboy8 said that you pull 1g at the 3rd corner, and Gazza said there are negative gs on the hills, and Richo said if you sit in the 3rd seat the g's are 10% stronger and Churros said the 2nd drop has some weightlessness, but only when E=mc^2" I mean the worst thing that can happen on a ride is throwing up, and none of the rides at MW make you close to that so really what is the concern? Why dont you just ride the thing? Edited by Gazza

I went on my the corkscrew roller coaster wehn I was 8, 10 times in a row however 5 years later...Na uh wouldn't get me on it again; and the corkscrew roller coaster was the one in Rainbows End in Auckland. I have full confidence in the saftey of rollercoatsers it has nothing to do with that for me; I love looking into Theme Parks and learning about RollerCoasters and things, I was up to date with the progress with such rides as Kingda Ka, and I have an interest in the Pyhisics at work in Thrill rides so I know in simple terms how things work. :) I'm not a roller coaster person in the sense of going on them mainly because of the butter fly feeling and this hasn't been a child thing either as I said, I went on the corkscrew roller coaster 10 times in a row when I was 8 went back again when I was 13/14 and refused to go on it. I admit I'm a wuss...my 12 year old sister and father try everything out for me. However there has been a few occasion where they have been things that they haven't liked that I loved. I love the Scooby Doo Coaster, they hate going backwards, I love it! My Cousins are coming over, from NZ, which is where I have moved from and I intend to go on everything with them :P So my fear is going to be cured soon :) They normally convince me to do everything lol :lol: I watched the Batwing space shot for ages and I notice when you reach the height of the launch there was slight paus. I watched a video I tookin slow and noticed that nearly eveyone raised into the top of the harness. My Dad and sis said the weightlessness was nearly non exsistent (There sense must be dulling hehhehehe) so in saying that watching the ride to see what your in for is a good advice, if you watch very carefully you can tell when certain things happen. Ps. Forgot to add that Even though I was told that the Batwing didn't have much weightlessness because I watched the video and saw this pause at the top I had to ask!

Edited by L_A_U_G_H?