Sign in to follow this  
Dylaan

Annual Pass Age Conditions?

5 posts in this topic

Okay, so I bought myself the Max Action Platinum pass a few months ago. I figured I should get it before I turn fourteen, that way I don't have to pay the huge difference for an 'adult' pass. My friend also bought one about a week before his birthday under this assumption. Another person I was talking to is thinking about buying one, their parents contacted Dreamworld, and they were told that if they visit after turning fourteen with a 'child' pass they have to pay the difference in order to use it? :blink: Can anyone confirm this? If it's true, that really, REALLY sucks! Thanks! *End of Rant*

I think that is ridiculous if they force you to do that, by paying the difference they are in effect taking away the discount you had for being a "child" in the months prior, so you would really be paying adult for the whole pass even though you weren't and adult for the whole period! Comb over the terms and conditions, you have already paid, and if the additional charge is not set forth in there they cant charge you extra retrospectively.

I think you will find that the information given was that if they visit Dreamworld to COLLECT their annual pass after they turn 14 (even if they purchased the ticket online before they were 14), then they'd have to pay the difference. Once you have the card (i.e. collect it from Dreamworld), there is nothing in the terms and conditions that indicate that you have to "upgrade" your pass if you turn 14 within the year (or 2 years for Platinum).

Confirmed! We didn't have to pay the extra amount thank god! *Off Topic* Wasn't too crowded, Doohan was an hour wait... They drained all the water from Wipeout! :o Few two dollar coins the ops pocketed at the end of the day.