Maybe Movieworld should buy Batman and Robin The Chiller From SFGAdv

rosscoe

Yeah, I think it would be an awesome idea, it was the first thing I thought when I read about it. Just sprouse it up, give it a coat of paint, give some good theming. It would be a great addition and people always seem to love the Batman Inverted Coaster over there, so one here would be great, plus it would be our first B&M!!! What does everyone else think about this idea???

Just remember, Six Flags are probably getting rid of that thing for a reason, it even used to have zero g rolls in the layout but for some reason they were a problem. Besides, its not a B&M, it was built by premier rides. I think getting hold of Dominator from

would be a better purchase (since it wouldn't be yet another launched coaster) Edited by Gazza

hmmm.. apparently it isn't real good. -take it for what you will but I just read this somewhere else: "Batman and Robin: The Chiller wait: 0 min. row: 6th grade: 1 (out of 10 that is -10 being the highest) OWCH! now i no y people say its sooooo! painful. a word of Caution, dont ride in the middle!!!! after this i new i was in alotta pain again Then we made a Dare Devil Dive time n headed 2 ride Medusa." *** MW has never really done second hand and I can't see a reason for them to consider something like this sorry..

The whole Six Falgs New Orleans park hasn't been operating for a few years because of the flood damage from hurricane Katrina. Batman was one of the only rides without severe damage, but unfortunately for us, it's being handed over to Fiesta Texas as Goliath.

Edited by Mousenator

Unfortunately I have only been able to ride the Robin side and I really liked it, the ride was intense, this was while it still had the zero g roll. I believe some of the problems were with the LIM's, from what I have heard the power drain if they launched both sides at the same time could take out the power grid. I have heard all kinds of stories about LIM's and their power consumption, like that Wicked Twister eats up $50 worth of electricity every ride. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than I can enlighten us? As far being at Movie World I wouldn't mind at all, at 200 foot high I am not sure if this is pushing the limit on height restrictions imposed on Movie World? I really liked the ride, and with a little more TLC than what Six Flags was giving maybe it could be a star. I have been impressed with the two Premier launched coasters I have been on, the other being Flight Of Fear at King's Island which was a fun ride, though if it had still had over the shoulder restraints I would still be in a coma.

I think our parks should look into buying second hand rides, 90% of the GP would have no idea it was recylced from somewhere else. I would be hoping the cost would be lower than buying a new ride outright. It would give us a greater selection of coasters ( rides ). While i would prefer something brand new ( Hyper, Wooden, anything by B&M ) I just don't see the parks dropping that sort of money anythime soon. This might be a cheaper way to go.

I'm not so sure if it would work out cheaper. I remember that Superman: The Escape at Six Flags Magic Mountain was on sale for $1, but then you also had to pay to de-construct it, move it, and then re-construct it at the other end. The alternative is to buy a new one, where you get newly fabricated track, freshly painted in the colours of your choice, (potentially) newer technology, and you can customise anything you like. Take a look at the last second-hand ride installed on the Gold Coast (aka Cyclone). The ride was originally built on the edge of a rockface to my knowledge, and then to just stick it on a flat piece of land, having to build a spiralling queue line just to reach it...

When Cyclone was at Luna Park you had to walk up stairs to get to the load platform as well, the cliff was on the other side. I can't remember if there stuff like sideshows underneath the platform, possibly the logic of doing it that way was to keep the queue off the midway or maybe to have a shorter lift hill but it seemed odd when it was at Luna Park. Regarding second hand rides, I don't care if it's second hand or new as long as it is a good ride, and IMO Chiller certainly was a good ride.

Cause when you look at it Dreamworld should have brought the old EXPO rides, instead of letting them go overseas. At least one of the parks should have some sort of Boomerang type coaster, Centrifuge that was expo while now would have been dated would have been a great addition to either park. It's rather sad that some of the best coaster's on the coast was built for a one off EXPO. While the parks over the few years have added some stuff( some world class, others lacking) if they are not careful they will start to lose there market. With the cost of cheaper flights ( tiger airlines ) i would rather spend my holiday dollars in Singapore ( 2010 ) at a true Theme park "Universal Studios Singapore."