Theme park food

dreamworld_rulz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dreamworld's food is actually starting to pick up. I paid 10 dollars for a large chicken and chips (with MAP discount) and the chips were hot and crispy, and the chicken was a little bit greasy. It wasn't too greasy, but enough to make it not dry. I was actually very suprised with the quality. And I was able to eat it all minus a few chips. I did feel sick afterwards, but I later found out I had the flu so that was probably the reason!

I hadn't posted about this till now, but I decided to try the Billabong Buffet when I was at DW (If I have the time I'll now try to eat at the proper restaurant in a park) $20 seemed bearable enough, considering I had seen the sorts of combos i'd buy for sale at the Motocoaster food outlet for $15 I wouldn't dine at the buffet again. Basically, I found the range in the buffet both limited, and a lot of the things on offer were just bland. Things that spring to mind include the noodles, which consisted of singapore noodles, some sort of soy sauce, and cabbage....and that was it (where's the beef?). They had plain steamed rice on offer, but nothing that you would really put with it, nor proper fried rice. The only meat options on offer were roast beef and roast carrots (pass for me) or roast chicken and potatos, but the potatos weren't seasoned or anything as you would expect from a proper buffet. Ill give them credit for having mud cake on offer, but the ice cream machine was down (with a sorry note) but no alternative was on offer. Plus it was dissapointing they didn't have some of those buffet staples, like potato bake, or chips, or pasta, or soup on offer. I didn't bother ordering drinks because they were just as overpriced as what you find out in the rest of the park, oh, and the Paper disposable tablecloths they used made it feel like you were eating at the kindy art table.

Edited by Gazza

Given the last two posts I'd say DW is still "hit or miss" when it comes to food. My most recent visit I bought a large chicken meal from what used to be Rivertown fast food (don't know what it is now) and without going into specifics, it was pretty crap, but my last visit to Billabong Cafe, again not going into specifics, was great. ...Having said that, I love bland food, afterall I'm part English ;)

For Dreamworld, I can honestly say I have never had a problem when it comes to food. Things may have changed since June last year, but I always used to find the Chicken Burger combo at Rivertown Fast Foods to be of a decent price, and quality. Sure, it wasn't a 5 star meal, but I must say that the buger (the Bun, salads, mayo, and the Chicken Pattie) to taste better than the McDonalds McChicken burger. The Chips were a decent size cut, and a decent quantity, and the Beverage was what you would expect for a Post Mix beverage. I am not sure if this has changed thougsince the transformation of Rivertown to "Mich Doohan" town, but lets hope not.

well I can say the food at Sunway Lagoon in Malaysia is your average theme park crap food. I did get the staff discount which was something like 40% off which made it acceptable but it was still just trash ... I was so happy when I managed to get that discount from a friend who works there, Finally I got some sort of revenge on the bastards LOL as small and minute as it was - it felt good haha !