Hot Wheels stunt show discussion

Richard

I still don't like the change :( I'm going to miss it. How much does the academy show cost to run yearly? Wouldn't a car stunt show be expensive run, I went cars aren't designed to always do burns out and stunts and even though you can tune and modify the car for what its going to be used for, it will have to be replace in a quick time. Not to include cost of tires. Oh well, it will be missed.

If they were to do something like that Lights, Motor, Action or whatever, would they have to increase the footprint? If this is the case it could mean the area where the current stunt show is may not be big enough to support it. Similarly, if it is the case that the residents out the back dissapprove of the noise, this could be an opportunity to move the show to a location that won't disturb the residents out the back. That being said, how much would the deconstruction of the current area and construction of such an area cost, etc? Perhaps it could explain though why Movieworld seemingly spent very little this year (with specific reference to the black room). As for the theming it to Hot Wheels. Can anyone say ca-ching! Movieworld will clean up on that property. If they target children and families, expect to see at least one or two stores packed with Hot Wheels products. Currently (and correct me if I'm wrong), Police Academy stunt show merchandise would not be a huge seller - or at least probably not as huge as Hot Wheels based products could be. Personally, while I really enjoy Police Academy I haven't had the inclination to see it for a while now since it really is the same show that has been running for quite some time. I think if they made something similar to the Lights, Motor, Action and it was done well, it could be a huge hit.

Has anyone here seen Lights Motors Action? I have, and its an absoloute load of a show. Its about 30 seconds of excitment followed by a 10 min talk, then thats repeated 4 times. PA keeps the excitement going through it with good story and flow. Even though the PA stunts are less spectacular, they're far more interesting then anything in L,M,A! I really hope MW doesn't take the easy route of just pretending they're filming a movie and spending 3/4ths of the show setting up the next stunt, because its simply not interesting.

You can also be sure that this isn't everything for the next 18 months mapped out.
Since the other topic is closed I'll put this in here. I'm not normally one to speculate on when parks are going to do stuff, but I'm actually going to say now I think a coaster could be on the cards by the end of 2008. Since the park has opened, it has roughly been 3 years between coasters (there was a 5 year drought between LW and Roadrunner, though I think that could be due to other factors, supposedly the parks weren't doing that well in that period, plus the $20mil WWF was in the mix) But the park is faring well at the moment, hard to believe its almost 2 years since Superman opened, so 18 months would be ample opportunity to open another, we have had a couple of quiet years (Batwing, and the smaller attractions this year were fairly cheap) plus Motocoaster opening is a bit of an incentive. The strong AUD (.90 USD at the moment!) could be a good incentive to make this sort of investment, especially if it were an American manufacturer...(fingers crossed for GCI woodie ;) ,given they are an American manufacturer) Edit: Nobody likes a spammer ↓ Edited by Gazza

Since the other topic is closed I'll put this in here. I'm not normally one to speculate on when parks are going to do stuff, but I'm actually going to say now I think a coaster could be on the cards by the end of 2008. Edit: Nobody likes a spammer ↓
I think you'll find that WVTP are planning to deliver the Hippos (SW) and the Stunt Show (MW) at the beginning of fiscal 2009 (1 July 08 - 30 June 09) and not calendar 2009 (i.e. they will be up and running before Xmas 2008). Given this I think it is unlikely you'll see a new roller coaster put in during the 2008 calendar year. I suspect the next major ride attraction at MW will probably come pre Xmas 2009.

Hot Wheels stunt show was canned some time ago, unfortunately. They went as far as purchasing the cars from the states and some initial planning but for some unknown reason they pulled the pin on it. Who knows what they got in store for PA but I do know the show will run for at least another 12 months... and...there is something goin on, we got a feeling there are plans for the area behind scooby and lethal right across to WWF and maybe including blazing saddles and the show stage.
Yes i have that feeling two. Last Saturday when i went it is quite obvious they want to do something there. They have completely deserted it there is nothing in blazing saddles except the path to the shrek live show, if the show wasn't there i don't see many people walking up there.

Perhaps they are gearing up to add some sort of new attraction down that neck of the woods after the PA show closes for good? I'm still thinking the new Hotwheels stunt show is going to go behind Scooby. The current PA show sits in an impractical location that would be far better utilised as a future Dark ride or other indoor attraction. This way they could also continue to run Police Academy to the last of it's days and open the new show without any downtime between. Same thing happened with Dolphin Cove at SW years back..

Yeah, I was saying this way back, but you really get the feeling that they are brewing up something for the old Wild West Area. I am not sure what but I think you can anticipate they won't leave the area like that for too long. It is honestly a ghost town. I also completely agree with the idea of building a new show in another location and running them concurrently. Does any of the releases, etc confirm that this new stunt show will replace the current one? Similarly, I think we have had the feeling for a while that Movieworld would expand behind Scooby Doo and eventually behind the old show stage. I would particularly look forward to seeing an entirely new themed area. Whether this happens in front of the show stage or behind Scooby doesn't bother me. But I would like to see a nice little surprise from Movieworld.

It's about bloody time they got rid PA. I don't really care what they replace it with, just get on with removing it.
I dare say that a large number of members here weren't even born when the Police Academy movies were released. Sure the stunt show might be interesting, but without being based on a current movie - or at least one that everyone is familiar with - it loses impact.

Yeah but the PA movies have been on TV heaps over the years. I don't think you need to be overly familiar with a ride's original franchise ... bumbling cops are something anyone can understand (and will know from day-to-day life, particularly if/when Ash becomes cop ;)) . It's just like Blues Brothers and the like at Universal. And often something which is a failure as a movie still has staying power as a show - as in the case of Waterworld. I don't see MW disappointing us however. A show like this will be focussed on vehicles & won't simply be recycling the frills from the PA show. Although in doing this show, they're going to really need more space to make it as good as it can be. Ideally, they would be able to run a NEW Police Academy show (because the theme is quite sound) as well as the new Hot Wheels one so people have the option of both.

Edited by Tony Teulan

I'm going to agree with Joz, the disney show is just crap. The stunts were amazing but as a piece of entertainment it really did suck. After seeing it probably a few hundred times now I still enjoy PA every time I go, which is everytime I go to the park. It's a rock solid show that provides entertainment and laughs from beginning to end. Sure the stunts might be a bit dated but the show is a winner. and the fire ball at the end never fails to get a huge reaction from the audience. I for one am extremely excited about a new major show coming to movieworld which is seeing the show and entertainment department really starting to come back alive recently. But at the same time I hope it does follow the rock solid formula that PA does, which is to have some 'charm' about the show. I would actually like to see both shows continue to run but I doubt that would happen, we can only wait and see but given PA has run for what like 15 years now and still packs a satisfied audience I doubt its replacement will do anything but the same...

• 4 weeks later...

PA is great. Why spend money to fix something that isn't broken? Because it could be sooo much better. If PA were enclosed with a roof, and air conditioned, then you could do some theatrical lighting and extra stuff to really focus the experience. It could be an all weather venue- and a most attractive place to be in a January thunderstorm, or a January hot as Marilyn Munroe day. PA licensing fees to WB would have to be a factor in the mix as well. Quite frankly it's a no brainer to me. You only have to look at the success of Outback Spectacular to cop an inkling of where this is headed. But hey what would I know. I'm just a fly on the wall :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...