A Crazy Hair Brained Scheme

ads086

I'm not sure if this is at all possible, but I think it would be fun to see some of the characters that appear at Movieworld actually operating the rides in character. How fun would it be to have the gang from Police Academy Stunt Show strapping you aboard Lethal Weapon? Some of the Mystery Inc gang running the Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster? Batman operating Batwing? Or Austin Powers checking harnesses on Superman Escape. Just something I think would add to the park a little more. What's your thoughts guys??

I dont think it would be practical, these characters belong on the street so they can meet and greet guests, It would only slow things down if you tried to put them in the fast paced environment of ride operations. Imagine the riot it would be if the looney tunes characters were being mobbed by kids trying to operate the carousel, or the slow downs it would cause on SDSC with people wanting photos with the gang whist boarding. On the other rides, would you have multiple versions of the same character (Eg 3 batmans on batwing) in order to fill all the roles needed to run the ride? Do the costumed characters want to operate rides? Do the ride ops want to dress up? IMO the approach they have now of themed uniforms is fine for me.

Or Austin Powers checking harnesses on Superman Escape.
:blink: Ummm, no comment.

I've seen Batwing regularly operate with only one person in the booth and one person checking harnesses. Since the person in the booth isn't seen all too often, you wouldn't need them to be themed. It wouldn't be all the time, it would just be those times when you don't see them on the street. And the Austin Powers thing was because I think it would be hilarious to have your harness checked by him, especially considering the driving scenes in Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

Yeah, but It would spoil the flow of the ride, they have established a theme with Superman, and having Austin Powers in there would just wreck it. The MRT uniforms are better as it helps with the notion of boarding a subway train. No matter how 'hilarious' it might seem (I personally think it would just be stupid and not make sense if austin powers was doing up my harness) , it would be tacky and the 'joke' would get old fast. The ride is not comedic in nature, so doing this would not add to it. What do the "driving scenes" have to do with it?

Edited by Gazza

I agree with Gazza on this one. I wouldn't like to see three Batman's, or three Shreks.And yeah, everyone would want to get photos. In an evacuation, I couldn't see a giant Shrek being much help... Also, wouldn't their vision be impaired with the costumes? If so, that's a problem in its own... EDIT: I think he is saying that because LW is themed to a car chase.

Edited by ash.1111

It was only an example. I know Superman is themed to Superman, but since there currently isn't a Superman character at the park, you can't really have one operating the ride. The driving scenes reference is that Austin Powers was driving without a seatbelt and climbing between the back seat and the front seat while driving. It would be somewhat ironic for him to be checking seatbelts... I wasn't talk about all the time, or to dress all the operators up. Just get the actors who play them on the street to lend a hand for a little while. Everybody will already have photos from the street, and if we're talking about Superman, they won't have their cameras with them. And I wasn't talking about characters wearing suits either. It's just a little something to tie the theme in a little better, and a somewhat welcome distraction to the ride operators who are too busy talking between themselves.