Sign in to follow this  
SydRider

Anyone now what this coaster is called??

8 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, Someone sent me this picture at work with the subject "Tokyo's New Rollercoaster" ... I was wondering if anybody new the name and if it was indeed in Tokyo :) thanks

That looks cool! But on closer inspection I think you have been 'had' or you have tried to 'have' us? :) Have a look at the closest support. And look at the rest of the track in the back ground, it just snakes around 10 meters above the ground doing nothing, what a waste of track. I can just imagine a coaster like that though diving under the water though a clear tunnel but what a bugger it would be to keep the tunnel and water clean... Shaun

Actually Shaun I think I've found it ... I think it is Thunder Dolphin at LaQua in Tokyo http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery1845.htm ... although they don't have a picture of it going throught the water you can see the "Big Wheel" as they call it that the track goes through. When I received the email at work it also had pictures of Superman Ultimate Escape with the one that I posted here.

that is not thunder dolphin I was over in tokyo in august and went to thunder dolphin and thunder dolphin has a grey colour track and does not dive into water

It's called: "Diving Coaster: Vanish" Yep, translation has given us yet another fantastically named ride. It's certainly not a new ride - I remember discussing this several years ago at other sites, and RCDB lists it as 1998, so that makes sense. I'm pretty sure that the "boring" track you see in the background is just a turn out of the station or something. I've seen a few more photos a few years ago, and thought it certainly isn't the most intense, it does look to be a very fun ride with plenty of turns and drops - almost a mini-hypercoaster. Another good, one, Janfusun Fancyworld in Korea has a coaster that's known as G5 by most, but the correct translated name is apparently "Flying Sumarine". It's the same park that opened "Crazy Flying Coaster", ironically a floorless coaster, a few years ago.

Thanks for that Richard ... I have never been on a coaster anywhere outside of OZ ... so I am still only learning all the diffent coasters ... I didn't really know that there were all these different types of coasters (flying, standup, and the like) until I got RCT and now RCT2. Speaking of RCT2 ... does anyone know whether you can build a ready made ride underground without having to use a trainer? I know you can put the flat rides underground and custom build coasters. Would be really good if you could ... at least then if you downloaded a custom built ride that was partially underground you could build in as it was ment to be ... if that makes sense :)

Unfotunately (due to some software issues with RCT and RCT2) having pre-made rides that go underground was something too bigger issue in a lot of cases i.e. scenery clashes, rides underground already etc.

:oops: look a the expression of the riders in the canoe though? They must of have ridden that ride like a thousand times because they don't seem to fust about a huge coaster diving into the lake with water splashing everywhere right in front of them! Shaun