What's next?

sonic123488

What's next for Movieworld  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Thrill ride

• Roller Coaster (non-looping)
    • Roller-Coaster (looping)
    • Kids ride

Yeh and have you heard about the new batman themed ride at one of the six flags parks.... The Dark Knight? I personally think they should do a ride similar to that. A launched indoor looping coaster where you "can't see the track".
RnR'r was a good ride, would be better if the launch was a bit faster tho. Worst bit about the ride, especially if you want to keep riding on it, is that you have to constantly go through the pre-ride entertainment in the sound studio. Gets boring after the 3rd ot 4th go lol........ Tower of Teror Twilight Zone was kickass too.... if they got something similar at movieworld, it would be one kick ass theme park :P
what about Scooby Doo?
u can see where ur going in scooby doo..... and i mean a kick ass thrill rollercoaster, not a family ride. i love rollercoasters and i find _a lot_ of them to be just 'ok'. revenge of the mummy got my blood pumping, it rocked Edited by Harrop

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Well, that's your choice then, just don't expect me to take people seriously when they just blurt stuff out, and then aren't willing to stand by what they say and back up what they are saying, instead opting for that weak "well, its my opinion, that makes me untouchable" argument.
You always try to put down or whine if someone has a different opinion to you.

You always try to put down or whine if someone has a different opinion to you.
You're correct, Gazza has pestered me too. And made personal attacks critisising my posts. But lets put our Differences asside for a second here and get back to Roller Coasters. After all this is what the site is about. This is a similar coaster in speed and track layout to the Rock'n'rollercoaster http://www.rcdb.com/m/id769.htm It looks to me like it would work well space wise.

Look, we're not a baby-sitting service here. If you've got an issue with another member take it up with them in private. If you think they've broken our Community Guidelines then contact a staff member. If you're going to disagree with someone then at least have the decency to give reasons and justification for your difference of opinion. Of course people are going to respond negatively if you don't. Let's get back on topic and act like adults here.

That Intamin Zacspin has been a source of constant interest for me, as I think given its compact layout it has great thematic potential. Naturally if MW were to get one of these you would want to extend the layout a bit. I keep thinking the Tomb Raider theme world suit (I guess if the 3rd movie comes to fruition it could work...Movieland Studios in Italy recently opened a Tomb Raider themed ride anyway...) Star the ride off indoors with essentially a clone of the existing models, theme it with appropiate "booby traps", such as an encounter with some sort of beast at top of the lift, air darts (like on Indiana Jones) on the straight sections, walls of spikes where the track does those vertical U turns, leg choppers at the bottom of the drops etc. Where the normal ride would end after that tight artime hill, have a set of block brakes, and feed the track up a second lift hill, this time higher (approx 30m), this would lead out of the building at its highest point, and there would be some sort of climax as you near the top of the lift (such as a roof of fire), the track would then leave the building, continuing through more drops and hills and u turns. The support structure would have faux bamboo attached to give it a rickety look, and thick woody vines would wrap around the structure. Given it is a fairly linear sort of ride, it is the type of thing you should shove in behind anywhere, the whole thing would only be about8m wide. I keep envisioning it slotting in behind police academy, with an entrance sort of where the steam engine is now, with a high walled/indoor queue linking the ride to the park. Another option could be an entrance through one of the shop spaces opposite daffys five and dime. I think MW is missing rides with nice lush theming, a shame because I have always loved that sort of look.

And made personal attacks critisising my posts.
If you want, PM me with quotes of the posts where I have attacked you as a person, I can clarify or sort it out.

Lol it would suit the Australian roller coaster's too... nice and short :) I don't know, to me it didn't seem to interesting or thrilling, but hey I have never ridden one so I'm not saying anymore. So not sure if anyone has asked this before but why are we so far behind in the amusement park industry? We do we not have parks like the UK and US?

Would be relatively affordable too? But would like to see the 50 metre model, just for something super extreme.
Well, from looking around, the current installations are about 3 million EUR (4.7 million AUD) for that small 25m high model...Ideally Id want to see about 10 million spent on track, and a couple more cars so it can run at 800pph. Ill admit the current model is under a minute long, which is why you'd want a bigger with more elements, and possibly a couple of static or slow sections where the story is told or special effects are encountered. That 50m model would be pretty sweet....I actually think a good thing would be to lift it up to 50m, and then dump the train straight down a 50m drop...it would be like having a drop tower and roller coaster in one ride. Edit: Something along these lines (Side View) post-88-1194512459_thumb.jpg Though again, there are still other attractions I'd want to see ahead of something like this. Edited by Gazza

You mentioned a ZacSpin, and someone else said we need more dark coasters... What about an indoor one? :P They look like a cool concept, but I'd have to say I wouldn't get excited unless it was a decent sized one... Don't you think it'd be cool flipping around in the dark and/or with lights and music? (Might be too much like Scooby Doo though).

^ I think MW next step is a kick-ass dark-ride!:P. There are many dark rides that are considered to be more supperior than B&M's. I've heard many people say that Universal Studio's Spiderman is really good, because of the moving sumulator with 3-d imagery. Isn't this the same technology used on Indiana Jones at Disneyland?? There are so many possibilities for themeing a dark-ride, not like a rollercoaster, where there are many restrictions. If MW was to get a D-R then I think this would be the style to go with. It's so much better than normal simulators! However, I also like the idea of the themed ZacSpin Coaster by Intamin. It is one of those coasters which give high thrills and at the same time can be equipt with any type of themeing. Something like Gazza's drawing would be a lengthy layout. Especially if they slowed down the cars at the major points of themeing/special fx. However, therer is one problem with this style of coaster. How do you show the exact themeing on oposite sides of the car?? Because the ZacSpin's seating arrangement on the cars is two facing forwards, and two backwards. I guess that would be a challenge for the construction team! :P Oh, and also on the coaster topic, I would rather something lengthy and loopy. I've been hanging out to ride a B&M, or a intamin mega-coaster (Millenium Force), but I just can't see how MW would fit it into there line up?? What would they theme in to?? Nearly all there MAJOR themeing options are gone. I think if MW were to get something lengthy, very thrilling and easy to theme to, they should head to the lonely Western area of the park and build a wooden coaster. I would definately be happy with this, because scince SE and Batwing have been built the whol front area of the park is ALWAYS full. MW need another reason to get people to the other side of ther park other than WWF. Something like those really compact woody's like Boardwalk Bullet that recently opened in America would be good enough! Anyway, that's my oppinion COASTERBOY8

Edited by Coaster Boy 8

However, therer is one problem with this style of coaster. How do you show the exact themeing on oposite sides of the car?? Because the ZacSpin's seating arrangement on the cars is two facing forwards, and two backwards. I guess that would be a challenge for the construction team! tongue.gif
I thought about that, yet another challenge is the fact there is the track blocking the view in the middle, so you'd need to do effects on both sides. An interesting idea could be to have different (but equally good and numerous) effects on each side, and in each orientation, so you would really have to take 4 rides to see all the possible effects. (Left side forwards and backwards, Right side forwards and backwards)
Oh, and also on the coaster topic, I would rather something lengthy and loopy. I've been hanging out to ride a B&M, or a intamin mega-coaster (Millenium Force), but I just can't see how MW would fit it into there line up?? What would they theme in to?? Nearly all there MAJOR themeing options are gone. I think if MW were to get something lengthy, very thrilling and easy to theme to, they should head to the lonely Western area of the park and build a wooden coaster. I would definately be happy with this, because scince SE and Batwing have been built the whol front area of the park is ALWAYS full. MW need another reason to get people to the other side of ther park other than WWF.
I think it is wise to maybe have a couple of rides that dont rely on Movie themes. USJs Hollywood Dream coaster is one I like: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewt...p=459733#459733 A music themed ride would fit into the park well anyway, I mean Disney Studios has Rock n Roller coaster which isn't movie themed (They need to focus on TV and Music themed attractions, not just movies, the GP wont care, and I certainly wouldn't) Just bung on a loose music industry related storyline and theme the queue accordingly, and then have a cool coaster with speakers in the seats (I had this on my mind today, I think "Eagle Rock" would just be a cool song to have as a coaster sound track. And, as for the woodie, well along with a river rapids that is one of the two most pressing rides for MW at this time. I think Intamin is the safest option for a park like movie world (since we don't have an off season where other types of wooden coaster would need to be retracked) I know if I was in charge of MW they would be the very first two things I would order.
I dont want another coaster, I think that movieworld is missing one of the most important aspects of Warner brothers movies, Harry Potter!
Yeah, like I said, Universal now has the exclusive rights to Harry Potter attractions. ^And isnt Scooby Doo a roller coaster ;) Edited by Gazza

Why dont you google "Wild Thing Ride Review" or look at the 2006 steel coaster poll results ( http://www.ushsho.com/steelrollercoasterpollresults2006.htm ) and see where it sits compared to other rides...that should give an indication of what people think. The closest thing I have been on is the West Coaster at santa monica pier, it is the same model/manufacturer, but just a really small version, it was ok, (just ok), didnt really have much air, wasn't the smoothest thing from memory, Its location sort of saved it. Still, If I were building a hyper, I'd spend the extra money to get an Intamin or a B&M.

Edited by Gazza

^, 2nd link: Woohoo. Finally a ride I can talk about. Having something like Raging Bull would be brilliant. It was far from the best coaster on the Midwest Trip but had a pretty enjoyable layout. We rode it during the pre-opening ERT session as it was one of the rides made available but I would have happily waited. Something like it would be a great addition to MW. Nice long ride too which is what the park needs. I wouldn't mind something like this; it was pretty fun. The cars spin so you get an unusual sensation which the GP would probably like - p20526.jpg - Sierra Sidewinder @ Knott's Berry Farm - http://www.rcdb.com/m/id3704.htm or http://www.rcdb.com/m/id73.htm could work, just pick a good movie theme... it's a ride that can fit inside a small footprint but can be a bit of fun. Far from my #1 pick but I'm trying to go with some realistic ideas here rather than suggest a Top Thrill Dragster clone (as sublime as that would be)

Edited by Tony Teulan

Well the coaster behind Sierra Sidewinder is one I like. The "Silver Bullet". But I don't think Movieworld is ready for another Looping inverted. A top thrill Dragster clone would work at Dream world, but only if they downsized it to something like this http://www.rcdb.com/m/id3081.htm Back to Movie world, the raging bull looks like a great ride and would work well with the Iron Man theme. I was looking at Warner Village Corporate lately for a suggestion email address. Didn't have one. Looks like they're not interested in peoples suggestions.

I think it would be cool for Movieworld to get a ride like the Incredible Hulk at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure though themed around Iron Man. It could get launched on a maybe 45 degree angle up a big tunnel before doing a sharp drop and diving through another large tunnel coming through a big cloud of mist and doing a cobra roll over a big obstacle such as a rock or maybe spike.So the ride could be themed in a desert like a certain scene in the Movie were he has to get past all these soldiers.

Edited by ILUV SUPERMAN ESCAPE