What's next?

sonic123488

What's next for Movieworld  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Thrill ride

• Roller Coaster (non-looping)
    • Roller-Coaster (looping)
    • Kids ride

I think it would be cool for Movieworld to get a ride like the Incredible Hulk at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure though themed around Iron Man. It could get launched on a maybe 45 degree angle up a big tunnel before doing a sharp drop and diving through another large tunnel coming through a big cloud of mist and doing a cobra roll over a big obstacle such as a rock or maybe spike.So the ride could be themed in a desert like a certain scene in the Movie were he has to get past all these soldiers.
I would like one of our coasters to have something like this(I think it's a batwing?) http://www.rcdb.com/m/ig557.htm?picture=2 If I'm not right, the the piece of track you see of the silver bullet behind the sierra sidewinder is what I mean. Also the cost of something like this http://www.rcdb.com/m/id720.htm Seems realistic only $14 million US dollars. Edited by sonic123488

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard some interesting info today from a Movieworld contact of mine Its not Rumors.....or made up....Its real and not from a Ride Op. So we all know this Hot Wheels car show is coming. But we can also expect a new ride as well. He told me its gonna wipe Dreamworld off and be something as big as Superman in the $$ and fun factor but thats all they can say. For now. Im still sussing it out. I will find out more when i can.

Edited by mattcrombie

I want to believe you Matt but i bet someone will come on and post a 10 paragraph reply explaining how it isn't possible and that your full of **** lol.
Well i'd like to think that this is true. As for wiping Dreamworld off, that's an opinion. But I would like to know exactly who the source was, because to it's still a rumor if we don't know what position they're in.

Don't forget Matt has been VERY accurate and correct with information he has given us in the past, don't go saying he is full of it just yet. Its a bit early to say that. But about the whole whats next, why is it our parks won't tell us what they have planned for the future but Disneyland and Disneyworld are more than gladly to tell there fans what they have installed next?

Yeah, Matt's been pretty accurate in the past, the time seems right for a new MW coaster anyway, by the time it would be open SE would be at least 3 years old, and we have had a couple of quiet years, Batwing was only $5mil (thats even less than DWs average yearly capital target) and I imagine Dodgems and a couple of kiddie rides would barely even break the $2 mil mark for this year.

But about the whole whats next, why is it our parks won't tell us what they have planned for the future but Disneyland and Disneyworld are more than gladly to tell there fans what they have installed next?
They are coming around a bit now, I mean we already know about Hippos and Hot Wheels. A coaster is a bit more sensitive in a competitive market, though to be honest I couldn't see DW turning around and responding well anyway. They still as yet haven't responded to Superman IMO, and I don't think another new ride would change things, at least not for a couple of years.. Edited by Gazza

There is a school of thought at our parks that the only way to successfully market an attraction is to wait until weeks before it opens and go out full force with it then. I suspect the thinking is that announcing things early might negatively impact intermediate attendance. That said it doesn't seem to be a problem for international year-round parks, as we frequently hear what they are doing months or even years in advance as the case is with Disney. I don't think it has a lot to do with competition. You can be sure that each park has a very good idea of what the other is doing well in advance, and they're not really trying to trump each other as much as we'd like to think. It really comes down to what they believe is an effective marketing strategy. There are exceptions of course. Back in 2001 Cyclone was announced in around May because it was bought from Luna Park. Often we'll also get official information about them through the park's owners rather than through the park's own marketing department (as the case was with Hot Wheels etc.), but it's still not quite the same given that it's not really announced so much as it is quietly revealed under the radar.

• 2 weeks later...

How would you theme it? Its not enough to just build a coaster and whack a movie name in front of it <_< If you were after a launched looping coaster I'm pretty sure B&M wouldn't be the ones to go with, Incredible hulk was a one off, Universal basically worked it into the contract that the ride had to be launched, B&M then =designed the ride, and basically said "make sure it is doing this speed at the top of the hill" and it was up to Universal to get someone else in to do the launch system. I doubt we will see another launched B&M...they dont even have it listed on their website as an option.

;)
How would you theme it? Its not enough to just build a coaster and whack a movie name in front of it <_< I doubt we will see another launched B&M...
It could be a Vekoma Launched coaster Similar to Space mountain in Paris. Besides, didn't they just whack a name on Lethal Weapon :P. And Anyway they could have a few themed sections. Edited by ILUV SUPERMAN ESCAPE

^What is so great about that ride? I mean it would have a lower top speed and acceleration rate than Superman, but at the same time a shorter track length and number of inversions than Lethal Weapon (or even corkscrew at SW) I just don't see what it would bring to the table.

Edited by Gazza

I dont think that movieworlds next ride is a roller-coaster They have the scooby-doo spooky coaster The lethal weapon Road runner rollercoaster and the superman escape Their next ride HAS to be another dark-ride or indoor ride if not, an attraction of somesort themed to a warner bros character or movie

Edited by PixelPushed