sonic123488

What's next for Movieworld  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Thrill ride

• Roller Coaster (non-looping)
    • Roller-Coaster (looping)
    • Kids ride

After looking at it more closer I like the idea of a euro fighter custom
Maybe for their sixth coaster but movieworld currently only have one launched coaster as opposed to Dreamworld having two. I think its time Movieworld stole MDMC's Thunder (If it has any :P ), But they also need another looping coaster and it has to go for awhile. Something similar to rocking rollercoaster http://rcdb.com/m/id1444.htm except with a cobra roll instead of a roll over (And maybe made by a less headbanging Manufacturer).It would also be fully inside(Except maybe the cobra roll could go outside) And it could be placed behind The Police Academy/Hotwheels stage area. Edited by ILUV SUPERMAN ESCAPE

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but the reason I want an indoor coaster is because it gives better theming possibilities Just look at Revenge Of The Mummy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIPYUTgDBjQ. And anyway it could have a small outside section, A cobra roll Followed by a corkscrew.

Edited by ILUV SUPERMAN ESCAPE

I completely disagree with that statement. Indoor and outdoor rides can be themed equally as well, it is merely that certain subject matters are better suited to and Indoor or Outdoor setting. A ride themed to space would obviously be better indoors, but a ride themed to the Jungle would obviously be better outdoors. Have a look at these outdoor coasters with great theming: p16194.jpgfuriusbaco-19.jpgp15129.jpgp8151.jpgp2669.jpgp5161.jpgp12486.jpgp613.jpgp3976.jpg

Edited by Gazza

I'm sorry but the reason I want an indoor coaster is because it gives better theming possibilities Just look at Revenge Of The Mummy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIPYUTgDBjQ. And anyway it could have a small outside section, A cobra roll Followed by a corkscrew.
R.O.T.M is good by the looks of it, but indoor/outdoor attractions seem much better off as you get the best of both worlds.

My favourite out of Gazza's pictures is Sheikra. A floorless vertical drop coaster is desperately thrilling, and with good theming could be great.
My favourite of those pictures is The Incredible Hulk and I think Movieworld need another looping ride, But I wouldn't mind a eurofighter either or a Floorless Vertical Drop Coaster. We just need something that loops and With good theming. EDIT: I wouldn't mind a coaster like the Griffon, http://rcdb.com/id3631.htm . Edited by ILUV SUPERMAN ESCAPE

I still stand byan Intamin Wooden Coaster being MWs first priority. I think it was when I was riding Goliath at SFMM that I realized I am more of an airtime fan than a g force fan hence me really wanting one of these. An Intamin woodie just seems like a really safe option, I mean after the Voyage, Balder and El Toro have second and third spots respectively in the Mitch Hawker Poll (With Collosus at a still respectable 11th spot) I think that speaks volumes about the quality of ride we would be getting...Imagine it, another coaster at MW being one of the worlds best.

Edited by Gazza

I still stand byan Intamin Wooden Coaster being MWs first priority. I think it was when I was riding Goliath at SFMM that I realized I am more of an airtime fan than a g force fan hence me really wanting one of these. An Intamin woodie just seems like a really safe option, I mean after the Voyage, Balder and El Toro have second and third spots respectively in the Mitch Hawker Poll (With Collosus at a still respectable 11th spot) I think that speaks volumes about the quality of ride we would be getting...Imagine it, another coaster at MW being one of the worlds best.
I agree A wooden coaster would be good and it could be more family orientated then Superman And Batwing and if they weren't focusing on thrills but theming instead it could be a great ride.

They've put in the midway, Intencity, a carousel and Froghopper. The next ride should be a thrill ride and if we're getting a woodie, it should be a decent one.
For some of you who didn't know Warner Bros. are making (Or Distributing)a Movie based on Where the wild things are http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_the_Wil..._Are_%28film%29 which could open up a whole lot of possibilities for rides, so I think Movieworld Should either Get a Vekoma Rollercoaster similar to Expedition Everest OR A wooden rollercoaster similar to balder though with a tropical mountain built around the lift hill and a few mountain tunnels near the bottom and have a big Tropical Island Theme With Waterfalls and Palm trees. post-1866-1196668624_thumb.jpg post-1866-1196668695_thumb.jpg post-1866-1196668988.jpg Edited by ILUV SUPERMAN ESCAPE

Are you forgetting that Expedition Everest cost 100 million dollars to create, our parks coudn't dream of something like that for at least 30 years. I reckon if they're in the market for something that can give you the feel of the ride, prior to the actual ride, like lethal weapon(which used to have a movie before you get on to set the scene)

^Roughly how much would something like that wooden coaster cost? It sounds like a terrific idea. I know I might be a bit of a dreamer here, but I would really love something well themed for their next attraction. Whether it is a story based ride similar to their classic attractions (I am thinking like Gremlins and Batman in their hayday - but a bit more modernised) or a quality thrill ride I am not too fussed. Just something that I can get involved with story wise with a couple of surprises. I mean, being a fan of movies it is really nice to become physically as well as emotionally involved with the movies you watch at the cinemas. As for dark rides, they offer an opportunity to be better themed, but I don't think it has to be an indoor coaster for this to occur. I would like to see another roller coaster or train-like ride installed (like not a flat ride if that makes sense). And I mean there are plenty of options out there when you look at the types of roller coasters, water rides, etc that exist.

I think that a dark ride would be the way to go, it has been 5 years since we have gotten a new dark-ride but we have gotten a new accelerator coaster jusr 2 years ago. Dark rides have the oppertunity to make the themeing more scarier and out of your seat, and add a environent. Yes i agree with Superman escape guy that the Return of the mummy is an example of a Extreemly well themed Dark ride, it has like backward drops, launching systems and the latest technology If not, wooden coaster would be awesome too, i dont care about themeing when its an intense coaster, because whats the point if the ride is in progress you woudnt be looking at the themeing

Yeah, I think the key with big coasters is just to direct the majority of the theming budget into the queue and station areas, and the slow moving portions of the ride (eg in the lead up to the lift) With a Woodie for example you could get away with minimal theming considering most of the ride is fast, or simply within the support structure (eg Balder) I think if they just did something like horizontal beams over the track with mining lanterns hanging off then that would be adequate. As for the queue, well simply repeating the style and level of detail in the wild west falls queue would be adequate (with a railroad theme...perhaps move the steam engine near police academy to wherever the wooden coaster's entrance is) Re the Wild Things idea, I think having a wooden coaster as the base ride system is a bit misdirected, its a children's book/movie so its too intense of a ride for the target audience. And please Pixelpushed, watch your spelling and grammar: "more scarier", "environent", 'jusr", "Extreemly","has like backward drops"....sounds like your post has been written by a seven year old.

Edited by Gazza

Re the Wild Things idea, I think having a wooden coaster as the base ride system is a bit misdirected, its a children's book/movie so its too intense of a ride for the target audience.
But it wouldn't have to be to tall and fast as it is about airtime more than the speed and G Forces. it could be a little smaller than the corkscrew though with a longer length and some actuall theming, I mean balders max drop angle is 75 degrees I think so this ride's could be say 60-70 degrees. And I mean We've recently gotten Superman Escape and Batwing Spaceshot so lets lower the thrills for a bit and get back to theming like they used to have. So overall it would be a bit more fast paced than Wild West With a little higher a cost (21-26 million).

They have lowered the thrills a bit though....that's what this year has delivered with rides, and lets not forget the Hot Wheels show, which is also a non intense attraction. I'd have no problem with another thrill ride in the line up, they still are in a competitive market with DW. Another killer coaster would really establish MW as a viable alternative to DW when it comes to thrills. I think maybe a year or two after install a major family attraction. I've said this before but a modern river rapids would fit the bill, not too expensive, very high capacity, wide thematic potential, would take some of the pressure off WWF on hot days, and are just plain popular....I have yet to visit a theme park where the rapids aren't a popular ride. You worried about riding a big coaster or something :D ?

Edited by Gazza

I think they Should, With the Opening of the new Batman movie,Replace Batman Adventure the ride 2 with another simulator With better theming and graphics Called The Dark Knight. And by the way gazza The only reason I don't want a big ride is because if the ride is big it'll cost alot and won't leave too much money for theming.