What's next?

sonic123488

What's next for Movieworld  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Thrill ride

• Roller Coaster (non-looping)
    • Roller-Coaster (looping)
    • Kids ride

^Yeah, I think a redeveloped Batman attraction to coincide with the Dark Knight would be ideal for Movieworld. While I personally would be a fan of an indoor ride, I wouldn't say no to a roller-coaster departing out around the swamp/lake thing, but due to the access road that could become difficult? I am not sure. I mean, it would be good because the set for the pre-ride, etc is already in place so a change in film elements and improvement of the animatronics would not cost a great deal compared to creating an entire new pre-ride.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Yeah, I think a redeveloped Batman attraction to coincide with the Dark Knight would be ideal for Movieworld. While I personally would be a fan of an indoor ride, I wouldn't say no to a roller-coaster departing out around the swamp/lake thing, but due to the access road that could become difficult? I am not sure. I mean, it would be good because the set for the pre-ride, etc is already in place so a change in film elements and improvement of the animatronics would not cost a great deal compared to creating an entire new pre-ride.
Yeah they could improve the outside castle look and change the storyline a bit To fit in with The Dark Knight, and put in something like, http://rcdb.com/m/id1549.htm (Though with a different number of inversions) , OR they could keep it a simulator but redo the simulation and improve the theming. Edited by ILUV SUPERMAN ESCAPE

I was just looking at the Steel coaster poll and I notest at number 28...... THE KRAKEN, http://rcdb.com/m/ig581.htm?picture=29 Fast with good theming and a large number of inversions. BUT if we can't get something like that I think We need a Dark Shoot Up like Men In Black: Alien Attack, http://www.universalorlando.com/usf_attr_mib.html

Edited by ILUV SUPERMAN ESCAPE

Haha ouch Gazza. How about stealth or something about half as high as top thrill dragster. I meant that kind of ride :P Sonic, (from the last page). The problem is that the general public doesn't really care about theming all that much. Everyone I know prefers Dreamworld to WBMW as it has more thrills, and everyone knows that Dreamworld has pitiful theming. I don't even think that theming has much to do with a ride. I LIKE Cyclone, but nobody else does because it has "horrible theming". I'm just looking at it from The companies point of view. Then again, a ride with little theming may seem out of place in a moderately themed Amusement park such as WBMW

Edited by TOT

I don't really MIND the theming of the Cyclone, sure it doesn't really have that much to do with a cyclone (but at least they tried to make it like a cyclone research facility) they could have just had you line up under a big circus tent (or those queue canvas's like on RCT2) But they at least made it look SOMEWHAT interesting. But for me thats not what I don't like about the ride, for me it's rather un-eventful compared to even the corkscrew. It just meanders around the corners and has 2 loops that it travels through so slow there is barley any force. Combine that with the roughness that the ride is known for, and that would be the reason most people don't like it. Not because of the lack of theming, there IS theming, It just doesn't have a storyline like the rest of the rides at Movie World. If they had enclosed the stairwells that you exit from, and made it look similar to the old queue line but half wrecked... and themed the station, it would have been alot better.

Haha ouch Gazza. How about stealth or something about half as high as top thrill dragster. I meant that kind of ride
No because Stealth isn't particularly highly regarded ride anyway (And people consider Superman better anyway). It would be such a waste of money to build such a similar ride to Superman with only a different layout. What does stealth have? a launch, tophat and an airtime hill;. funny because that sounds exactly the same as what superman has at the start. The forces would still be the same so it would really bring nothing to the table, and would just dilute Supermans image...why compete with yourself in that respect?
Sonic, (from the last page). The problem is that the general public doesn't really care about theming all that much. Everyone I know prefers Dreamworld to WBMW as it has more thrills, and everyone knows that Dreamworld has pitiful theming. I don't even think that theming has much to do with a ride.
MWs barrier is still the lingering fact It has been behind in thrill rides for much of it's life, remember prior to December 2005 MW had one thrill ride whilst DW had 5 at this time, and even today MW still has a bit of catch up to do in this department. Today its 6 Vs 4 (hey if they count Motocoaster I'm counting scooby) and if in a couple of years or whatever it was evened up then i think people would just gravitate towards MW because of the higher quality of the overall ride experiences. Theming is MWs point of difference, and really DW is only ahead in attendance by a hair, so I think there are some people out there that enjoy the 'magic' of the MW experience. For me, theming is very important and can put a ride well ahead of what it would be in a non themed state. Certainly with some rides theming is more critical though....WWF would be nothing without theming.

MWs barrier is still the lingering fact It has been behind in thrill rides for much of it's life, remember prior to December 2005 MW had one thrill ride whilst DW had 5 at this time, and even today MW still has a bit of catch up to do in this department. Today its 6 Vs 4 (hey if they count Motocoaster I'm counting scooby) and if in a couple of years or whatever it was evened up then i think people would just gravitate towards MW because of the higher quality of the overall ride experiences. Theming is MWs point of difference, and really DW is only ahead in attendance by a hair, so I think there are some people out there that enjoy the 'magic' of the MW experience.
Could not agree more. If Movie World decide to produce another Superman Escape every couple of years, there is no doubt it could get ahead of its competitor. They have the space; they have the money and they are willing to spend it, so why not? I think the fact is for most of us here, the future of Movie World looks much more prosperous than the future of Dreamworld. People aren't expecting Dreamworld to whip out some amazing thrill ride. People know Movie World will have Australia's first Bolliger and Mabilliard. It's only a matter of time before people are sick of Dreamworld and start to go to Movie World more. Still not a full day park though - another full blow coaster would top this off. The thing that puts Dreamworld in front in terms of rides (not talking about theming here) is the fact that they have all these little guest eaters around the place. Rides that take 30 seconds - 1 minute and hold a lot of guests. Whereas Movie World's prominent rides are rides that take much longer but are well themed and give a better overall ride experience. The way Dreamworld is going now will soon see Movie World have maybe less rides still, but better rides, and hopefully the market will turn to that quality, not quantity outlook on spending almost 300 dollars on a day at a Gold Coast theme park.

People know Movie World will have Australia's first Bolliger and Mabilliard.
Do you have some info on this? But I agree Dreamworld just doesn't feel like it will put in anything big (for the time being), I find it soooo frustrating that we don't get something like this here in Australia. It would be perfect for MW. Or with this sort of drop

post-1332-1197179016_thumb.jpg

Edited by sonic123488

No, I'm not saying they have announced a new B&M or anything, I am trying to say with the amount that WVTP is willing to spend on attractions, and increased revenue from the park (which we have already seen the start of this latest financial year) I'm sure others would agree with me when I say Movie World will likely have Australia's first B&M coaster.

^^ Raging Bull was one of the better coasters on the TPR Midwest Trip... wouldn't mind one of those at all. I agree Movie World is more likely to put in a B&M than DW. But the latter will wake up sooner or later that they're going to lose their strength in the thrill department ... and then we'll benefit from the battle.

Early in the year isn't the perfect time, second last holiday of the year or boxing day.
Well when is hotwheels set to be released?Maybe April 09'? if so they could release that Disney ride (Batman Themed) in April holidays with hotwheels and in the September or Christmas holidays release their first Bolliger and Mabillard :rolleyes: . Edited by ILUV SUPERMAN ESCAPE

if so they could release that Disney ride (Batman Themed)
Isn't three major batman related rides sort of overkill? Out of all the non coaster attractions, Batman themed rides would represent one third of everything on offer. Surely we can be a bit more creative? After all, there is more to the world of movies than just Batman, and It is important to appeal to lots of visitors, not just fans of one movie franchise. Sonic is right in this case, a Multi Motion dark ride like at Disney would cost Millions...easily as much as a B&M, it would be a poor decision to launch two rides this major within only a few months of each other, I would be opening them 2 or 3 years apart at the least.

^Stat wise they are pretty similar so I cant see the SFNE version being significantly more expedition. In any case, Expedition Ge fore would also be another better option to clone, the park it is at is only about DW sized anyway, so It couldn't be that unaffordable. B&M hypers are always an option, at the end of the day B&M cant just limit their market to the richest and most highly attended parks, they have shown time and time again they can adapt to various needs. Goliath at La Ronde ( http://www.rcdb.com/m/ig3385.htm?picture=24 ) for example was about $21 million AUD and it is a pretty solid ride. A ride the scale of Hollywood dream ( http://www.rcdb.com/m/ig3621.htm?picture=30 ) would be cheaper again (just the ride system...lets forget the fact it is in Japan and at a Universal park and built in a hard spot, who knows what ridiculous amount was actually whizzed up on this) and again this ride has been VERY well recieved.

Well they could base that Disney Type Ride on Where the Wild Things Are (It would look similar to the jungle theme in DINOSAUR) And open that to coincide with the movies opening. EDIT: I don't mind the idea of something similar to RIDE OF STEEL But don't you think we need inversions?

Edited by ILUV SUPERMAN ESCAPE

Why do we NEED inversions? Yea they can be fun, but I MUCH prefer crazy insane airtime hills and helixes of death to inversions. In my opinion inversions are more of a gimmick on most coasters than anything else. (This opinion does not apply to B&M doggy style or Vekoma flying dutchman type coasters)