What's next?

sonic123488

What's next for Movieworld  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Thrill ride

• Roller Coaster (non-looping)
    • Roller-Coaster (looping)
    • Kids ride

^Yeah true, an inversion is an inversion, they don't necessarily make a ride better or worse by their presence, its just another way of providing the thrills. First and foremost, the ride needs to be good, and if you have done that it really doesn't matter what elements you used to get there. To some up, we don't NEED inversions (but they are cool) what you do NEED is a high quality ride. It seems some people want rides that are different for the sake of it rather than whatever would be better.

Edited by Gazza

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B&M speed coaster (Hyper) is what MW needs. I know Gazza wanted something similar to Hollywood dream's built in on-board sound system which would be awesome, something around the 50-70 meter mark is what I'm hoping for. But I always keep in mind that getting a B&M in Australia maybe some time yet. Only time will tell... zane.

My personal opinon is that if we see a B&M in Australia I'd rather it be one with a unique ride position, either a flying or a stand-up. That in itself creates a new form of interest for the rider and has new themeing possibilities - ie, flying around a city or whatever. In saying that, I would still like to see it have a decent amount of speed and a decent ride length. And if you are going to install a ride with inversions it needs to be similar to Lethal Weapon - create a few inversions to give the sensation that you are not really sure where you are at or what is coming next. If you were going to go the way of airtime I would rather see them install an Intamin MegaCoaster similar to the Ride of Steel or Expeditin G Force. These look like great coasters and have received very good feedback. I think they also open up the opportunity for something we really don't have in Australia yet - coasters with considerable height and a really ominous lift hill. Alternately, a good quality wooden coaster could be installed, but I would really like an Intamin Mega as my first choice if this was the way they went. As for more Batman themed rides... if they were to replace the current Batman Adventure I am all for it, but a third one might be overkill. Especially when the current Batman Adventure really needs a revamp story wise. I was perusing movies that Warner Brothers have in the pipeline and came up with a list of possible good movie tie-ins for the next few years (some of these are sort of rumoured and not confirmed): 2008: The Dark Knight Where the Wild Things Are Trick 'r Treat 2009: Astroboy Thundercats Watchmen Justice League of America

Well if it's an intamin mega coaster theme it to iron man, Iron Man: The Ride some thing of about this size would be great. While not huge or record breaking Goliath, at Walibi world seems a thrilling coaster. A reason it's good is that it has a time of over 1 and a half minutes which is what we need at Australian parks. If they could redesign the Batman Adventure ride to fit in with a part of the Dark Night. If possible change the ride so it's the Batmoblie that is the vehicle you have the fun part of the ride in. If a ride with inversions is what you're interested in I suggest again a B&M sitting coaster, though cost might hold back our parks on something like that. Instead an intamin 12 inversion coaster themed to Justice league would be good. And by 12 inversion coaster, that would not only be a world first but it could be designed with a similar layout to this would allow for a compact lengthy coaster. Movie world also needs to add a new themed area, like DC comics area behind the Superman Escape, this could be where the 12 inversion Justice league coaster could go. And it would include the Batman area so everything could fit in place. I can't think at the moment of any other themed area's. Of course the introduction of a DC area(which would have many choices for merchandise) would mean no Iron Man themed rides. With the idea of a Where the wild things are simulator/anamatronics tour. That would fit almost perfectly in WB kids! Possibly replacing the river ride, therefore not taking up any of the space that they can save for larger rides. The Goliath at Walibi world (usable at many themes)

post-1332-1197377347_thumb.jpg

Edited by sonic123488

I've been doing some work on paint, and this is my extension. The yellow area is the area already taken up by Superman Escape. The Red lines are ways to connect the DC area to the rest of the park, though the official entrances' would be at the entry Batman area and SE entrance The Yellow area is the new themed DC area proposal The Blue Line is an area for the coaster(though this could be extended further over the lake or over the studios) And finally the Grey area is a station area for the coaster.

post-1332-1197373160_thumb.jpg

Buddy, unless your guests have super powers like the DC Heroes allowing them to walk on water, that area can't be built. It's a lake. It's also extremely close to the studios which would probably affect sounds when shooting.
Look at it closer and read my description, that's the coaster area, and a coaster built over water is something we don't have in Australia. The Yellow area is the path area. Also studio's are soundproof. Edited by sonic123488

Now i want a new coaster just as much as anyone else here but i really think that the park would be better off adding smaller/more rides to their lineup before going ahead with their next coaster. I think a rapids ride would do great at the park, its high capacity and would be great ride the whole family could enjoy and cool down on for most of the year. For the thrill seekers out there the lower cost of a ride like the rapids could also mean a flat/thrill ride or even a dark ride be built and opened in the same year or even at the same time, creating even bigger ype for the park. If a flat ride were to be built i think a huss batflight would probably be the best considering a flying coaster is probably a long way away for any of our parks and this could create the same sensation for alot less in a smaller amount of space. Any thoughts?

Edited by david

Yeah, building a roller coaster over a lake is no biggy. I am not sure what the situation is with regards to the use of that area, but it would be a prime location to build a new coaster given that the trend is to build their more recent thrill rides closer to the front of the park. It would also integrate the Superman and Batman areas nicely and potentially see an upgrade of the visual themeing in those areas. In saying that though, you would have to make the back of Batman the Adventure well themed to cover up the ugly looking exits and sound stage. Could possibly replicate some of the sets from the new movie. It would also keep the area behind Scooby Doo free for later expansions and never know what movie franchises become available for future installations. Unfortunately, I am as big an Iron Man fan as any, but putting an Iron Man (Marvel) ride in the same park as Superman and Batman (DC) is a very bad move. I am not sure that Marvel would agree to the licensing, or DC could drop out of their agreement. In all honesty, if Movieworld steps further away from their Warner links, the next ride I would like to see is a Transformers ride themed to the sequel due in 2009. The potential with that is huge. Replicars of the cars, could be linked with the story and theme the trains to look like Autobots, etc. But yeah, would require a licensing deal with Dreamworks, which has been done before. PS - is this topic going in circles? Not really, its summer, nothing good on TV, how else are we gonna entertain ourselves then continuously talking about what we would like to see :D

The area mapped out for the coaster (over the water) is for a start, to small for a good, high B&M. And MW is having trouble now with the noise WWF drop creates, let alone a coaster getting put right behind the winging residents so I cant seen them putting a Woodie in there. As for the DC comics area, they should of done that before they build superman?

This was something I dreamed up about a year ago, but It's a second ride for near Superman and themed area. Basically, the area Superman occupies should be fleshed out to be a Metropolis city area: post-88-1197424425_thumb.jpg The purple bit is a new ride (I'll get to that in a sec) But the area which is all just sand in the middle of Superman escape would be opened up and would be "Metropolis Central Park". It would be grassed, have European style trees (rather than palms like elsewhere in the park) gardens, and all the other thing found in a park such as benches. A meandering walking path would run around the outside so people could view Superman up close, and the safety fences would be coloured black and be a classic wrought iron style. There could also be a playground for kids (good for keeping ones who cant ride Superman occupied) again with a bit of an American look. The centrepiece of the park would be a roundabout with a bronze statue of Superman in middle (The plaque could say something like "In recognition of the hero of our city" Another feature could be a small stand selling American (or NY) style foods, like hot dogs, bagels, doughnuts etc. If Anybody is familiar with that green stand in main st it would be just like that. People could sit and eat and watch the ride. The sides of the Lethal weapon shed would have skyscraper façades added to it further building on the Metropolis theme. The new ride could be a thrilling flat ride based on Lex Luthor (Ride Name: Lexcorp Antigrav) The basic story would be that Lex Luthor, in an unexpected move, has opened the headquarters of his company Lexcorp for an open day, but it turns out it is all just a trap for him to collect unwilling test subjects to try his antigrav device on, which he eventually intends to use to defeat superman. Again, the ride would have a Skyscraper façade as its entrance, after all you are going into his corporate headquarters. post-88-1197425605_thumb.jpg And the inside of the queue would be like this: post-88-1197425728_thumb.jpg The 'overflow' part of the queue would just be a foyer area, with a reception desk at one end. It would be like the foyer of any big office building, with polished Terrazzo floors and walls with timber trims etc. The queue ropes would be brass posts with maroon coloured ropes. You then progress into the 'restricted area' where Lexcorp does all its technological development. The walls would be concrete and the floors would be white lino. There would be appropriate lab theming such as this, with some interactive elements like buttons to press and touch screens: post-88-1197426265_thumb.jpg post-88-1197426296_thumb.jpg post-88-1197426326_thumb.jpg After going through the queue you would go into a holding room where you would place your items, whilst this is happening speakers would play a spiel from Lex Luthor, pretty much your normal bad guy rant...resistance is futile, you will be my next victims, soon I will have control of this city with my Antigrav device, blah blah etc. You would then be let out into the main ride area, the ride itself would be whatever thrill ride MW felt like getting, its good because basically any thrill ride would work with this theme. The ride itself would just be themed to look like a bizzare piece of machinery/ evil guy invention...lots of exposed pipes and lines, warning signs and stripes on it, flashing warning lights and the like. The area the ride would be in would be outdoors, and would be closed in by nasty looking electric fences, the ground would have markings etc on it to give the look of a testing area. After the ride you would head out the exit through a small room where you can pick up your items from the other side of the cubby holes. The reason for this ride would be to fill a hole in MWs line up (thrilling flat rides) but also to give more rides for a proper themed area. There is a sort of a contrast too, on Superman you get rescued by the good guy, but on this you are at the mercy of the bad guy. Also, I was trying to flesh it out and prop up the ride itself by having a themed queue so it would sit better with MWs other offerings, whilst also providing a better start to finish experience than DWs flats (which are nicley themed as it is)

Edited by Gazza

, to small for a good, high B&M.
Well I did say it could be expanded over studios (which are soundproof), or over the land next to outback spectacular. To reinvigorate the Wild west area (which just seems to the falls) build an indoor coaster. Have it going in to a haunted cave, haven't thought of what kind of coaster for that yet, something inbetween Road runner and a Zmperla powered. And Bingo I have a candidate. Though not in between this as a Mine cart themed scenery, chasing the legend of the mine ghost, with a dark track would be pretty scary. But again something the size and legth of Goliath is what our parks are ready for, a nice big gravity coaster. Also a Justice league area will only seem good around the movie's release, DC comics however won't really run out of popularity. Edited by sonic123488

Well I did say it could be expanded over studios (which are soundproof), or over the land next to outback spectacular. To reinvigorate the Wild west area (which just seems to the falls) build an indoor coaster. Have it going in to a haunted cave, haven't thought of what kind of coaster for that yet, something inbetween Road runner and a Zmperla powered. And Bingo I have a candidate. Though not in between this as a Mine cart themed scenery, chasing the legend of the mine ghost, with a dark track would be pretty scary. But again something the size and legth of Goliath is what our parks are ready for, a nice big gravity coaster. Also a Justice league area will only seem good around the movie's release, DC comics however won't really run out of popularity.
Sierra Sidewinder was a pretty fun ride, did it in July... great idea :) That OR Goliath would be an excellent addition. I could maybe see MW putting the SS type coaster and DW one like Goliath. Edited by Tony Teulan

This was something I dreamed up about a year ago, but It's a second ride for near Superman and themed area. Basically, the area Superman occupies should be fleshed out to be a Metropolis city area: post-88-1197424425_thumb.jpg The purple bit is a new ride (I'll get to that in a sec) But the area which is all just sand in the middle of Superman escape would be opened up and would be "Metropolis Central Park". It would be grassed, have European style trees (rather than palms like elsewhere in the park) gardens, and all the other thing found in a park such as benches. A meandering walking path would run around the outside so people could view Superman up close, and the safety fences would be coloured black and be a classic wrought iron style. There could also be a playground for kids (good for keeping ones who cant ride Superman occupied) again with a bit of an American look. The centrepiece of the park would be a roundabout with a bronze statue of Superman in middle (The plaque could say something like "In recognition of the hero of our city" Another feature could be a small stand selling American (or NY) style foods, like hot dogs, bagels, doughnuts etc. If Anybody is familiar with that green stand in main st it would be just like that. People could sit and eat and watch the ride. The sides of the Lethal weapon shed would have skyscraper façades added to it further building on the Metropolis theme. The new ride could be a thrilling flat ride based on Lex Luthor (Ride Name: Lexcorp Antigrav) The basic story would be that Lex Luthor, in an unexpected move, has opened the headquarters of his company Lexcorp for an open day, but it turns out it is all just a trap for him to collect unwilling test subjects to try his antigrav device on, which he eventually intends to use to defeat superman. Again, the ride would have a Skyscraper façade as its entrance, after all you are going into his corporate headquarters. post-88-1197425605_thumb.jpg And the inside of the queue would be like this: post-88-1197425728_thumb.jpg The 'overflow' part of the queue would just be a foyer area, with a reception desk at one end. It would be like the foyer of any big office building, with polished Terrazzo floors and walls with timber trims etc. The queue ropes would be brass posts with maroon coloured ropes. You then progress into the 'restricted area' where Lexcorp does all its technological development. The walls would be concrete and the floors would be white lino. There would be appropriate lab theming such as this, with some interactive elements like buttons to press and touch screens: post-88-1197426265_thumb.jpg post-88-1197426296_thumb.jpg post-88-1197426326_thumb.jpg After going through the queue you would go into a holding room where you would place your items, whilst this is happening speakers would play a spiel from Lex Luthor, pretty much your normal bad guy rant...resistance is futile, you will be my next victims, soon I will have control of this city with my Antigrav device, blah blah etc. You would then be let out into the main ride area, the ride itself would be whatever thrill ride MW felt like getting, its good because basically any thrill ride would work with this theme. The ride itself would just be themed to look like a bizzare piece of machinery/ evil guy invention...lots of exposed pipes and lines, warning signs and stripes on it, flashing warning lights and the like. The area the ride would be in would be outdoors, and would be closed in by nasty looking electric fences, the ground would have markings etc on it to give the look of a testing area. After the ride you would head out the exit through a small room where you can pick up your items from the other side of the cubby holes. The reason for this ride would be to fill a hole in MWs line up (thrilling flat rides) but also to give more rides for a proper themed area. There is a sort of a contrast too, on Superman you get rescued by the good guy, but on this you are at the mercy of the bad guy. Also, I was trying to flesh it out and prop up the ride itself by having a themed queue so it would sit better with MWs other offerings, whilst also providing a better start to finish experience than DWs flats (which are nicley themed as it is)
What about this? http://www.zierer.com/framesetpro.htm ( the Top One) They could place it partly inside an you could swing out the side of the building so as to only partly reveal the nature of the ride. If they were to get a wooden coaster they could get something like this- http://rcdb.com/m/id967.htm I can see it Already post-1866-1197448341_thumb.jpg I was looking through a list of WB movies on wikipedia and saw they were making a Neopets Movie, And what I was thinking is they could add a ride like this http://www.ridetrade.com/rti/index.php?opt...9&Itemid=36 to come out on the release (2009, Which would give them some time) OR if they were'nt to do that they could add a rollercoaster similar to indiana Jones: Temple of Peril, But maybe longer with a better length and Ride time . http://rcdb.com/m/id957.htm Edited by ILUV SUPERMAN ESCAPE

What about this? http://www.zierer.com/framesetpro.htm ( the Top One) They could place it partly inside an you could swing out the side of the building so as to only partly reveal the nature of the ride.
No, I was thinking of a thrill ride, not a family ride. MW already has a ride like that (The Marvin the Martian rocket) Building it half indoors would look like crap, would not pertain to the theme, and would really do nothing to "partly reveal the nature of the ride"...people are still going to know its a magic carpet or whatever by the motions it is doing when it does poke out of the building, they aren't stupid. Plus with flat rides they are definitely something people often like to watch what they do, both for fun and to decide whether they want to go on it.
If they were to get a wooden coaster they could get something like this- http://rcdb.com/m/id967.htm
A woodie built by RCCA is the last thing you want, they are probably the worst woodie manufacturer out there. I dont like that train design much either, looks too plastic and doesn't have that more rustic look of the trains used on rides like Boardwalk Bullet.
I was looking through a list of WB movies on wikipedia and saw they were making a Neopets Movie, And what I was thinking is they could add a ride like this http://www.ridetrade.com/rti/index.php?opt...9&Itemid=36 to come out on the release (2009, Which would give them some time) OR if they were'nt to do that they could add a rollercoaster similar to indiana Jones: Temple of Peril, But maybe longer with a better length and Ride time .
It's all well and good to say 'oh they can do this for this film etc' but you are saying nothing about how the film would translate into a ride, you actually need to link the film concept to the ride somehow. Seems to me all people are doing is copying and pasting from the ride catalogues of Intamin or whoever. Also, why would you build a blockbuster ride like that and spend tens of millions on a childrens film with limited appeal....while we are at it lets build an Intamin Giga Coaster themed to Pokemon :rolleyes: Edit: I think I have worked out how some people get their ideas: post-88-1197454738_thumb.jpg Edited by Gazza

and why again are you not working at Movie World in the attractions department? Some of the designs and themes you come up with are amazing and this is just one of them. One thing tho, when you called it anti grav i kept thinking the space shot they used for batwing would have been good for your idea. Edited by ShadowXL