What's next?

sonic123488

What's next for Movieworld  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Thrill ride

• Roller Coaster (non-looping)
    • Roller-Coaster (looping)
    • Kids ride

MW needs another studio themed family ride, Maybe the "life of a movie coaster". B&M Sitting coaster with a launched lift hill, but instead of coming out of a Gamma Ray Blaster, you come out of a movie camera, and mid ride break zones could have corregated iron sheet tunnels, with more theming, pre lift hill theming quintesential.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MW needs another studio themed family ride, Maybe the "life of a movie coaster". B&M Sitting coaster with a launched lift hill,
:blink: Since when are looping coasters considered family rides? Seems like a bit of a tacky theme though, no offence, not exactly immersive, or even interesting. Big ridiculous oversized objects and vague themes are more of a DW thing ^_^ I thought it was well established Hulk was a once off launched B&M we wont be seeing again though, wonder why people keep suggesting it? Edited by Gazza

Yeah, but what's the point of even bringing it up when its not going to happen? As you said Intamin do that sort of product anyway, so wouldn't it just be cheaper and easier to get Intamin to make it and have it in the package rather than having to subcontract out to some other company to put in the launch system (As universal did) B&M dont do launched rides basically because of the reliability of them. One of the key differences between B&M and Intamin is B&M are more focused on 'simpler' products with higher reliabilty. Intamin directly market themselves as being able to handle ambitious customer requests:

Widest range of experience and capabilities for development and realisations of newest rides - which were thougt to be unfeasible.
I guess you can simply think of it as B&M not having it as one of their capabilites, it is a bit like how Vekoma dont make hyper coasters, and Intamin dont make flying coasters...well B&M dont make launching coasters.

This Is My opinion: If We Get An INTAMIN: http://rcdb.com/m/id3430.htm We Should Get something Like that OR http://rcdb.com/m/id541.htm B&M: http://rcdb.com/m/id581.htm OR http://rcdb.com/m/id3621.htm Thats My opinion on Movieworlds future rollercoasters but before we get any of them we should get http://www.ridetrade.com/rti/index.php?opt...9&Itemid=36 (Themed Differently) Or a different simulator type ride with awesome theming and a good ride time. Some examples of Themes could be ,Mad Max 4,Harry potter 6 or 7,Terminator 4, Where the wild things are, Charlie and the great glass elevator and The Dark Knight.

Edited by ILUV SUPERMAN ESCAPE

^Blabla no one cares

I highly doubt that movieworlds getting Intamins
Why? VRTP already own a few Intamin rides so I don't see where you are coming from. Are you saying that it is unlikely they will build one even though they have in the past :wacko:
just wait untill movieworld even thinks about getting a new coaster,
And how are we supposed to predict that? we don't know what they are thinking. Going by what has been coming from a few sources, I think a new coaster could be coming sooner rather than later personally.
I mean, be realistic? Why waste your time on this thread
It seems like you don't wan't people to talk about anything. So what if nobody important reads this? We have things such as the 'Letters' page in newspapers, Talkback radio etc where people say what they think irrespective of who is listening. How is this any different? Sometimes it is interesting to exchange ideas between ourselves.
Yeah its whats next in 2 years that probably WONT be a roller-coaster
How can YOU say that with certainty? They would just build whatever they see as fit for the park. Lets look at past precedent. 2007: Kids Rides 2006: Thrill Ride 2005: Coaster, Show 2004: Nothing 2003: Exhibit 2002: Coaster 2001: Exhibit 2000: Coaster 1999: Show 1998: Water Ride 1997: Kids Rides 1996: Nothing 1995: Coaster In 2 years time as you say, Superman will be 4 years old. Thats a long time between drinks considering the rate they have been building coasters in the past few years.
if they get one, they probably wont and they will get a flat ride or water ride or family ride
Again, going by past precedent, a flat ride is actually pretty unlikely...it doesn't particularly fit into the flow of the park...and on all the WVTP properties how many full sized flat rides are there? Just two. Its not something they make a habit of installing.
a roller-coaster your always dreaming about in your sleep everynight}
The one you have nightmares about derailing on? Edited by Gazza

^Blabla no one cares Why? VRTP already own a few Intamin rides so I don't see where you are coming from. Are you saying that it is unlikely they will build one even though they have in the past :wacko: And how are we supposed to predict that? we don't know what they are thinking. Going by what has been coming from a few sources, I think a new coaster could be coming sooner rather than later personally. It seems like you don't wan't people to talk about anything. So what if nobody important reads this? We have things such as the 'Letters' page in newspapers, Talkback radio etc where people say what they think irrespective of who is listening. How is this any different? Sometimes it is interesting to exchange ideas between ourselves. How can YOU say that with certainty? They would just build whatever they see as fit for the park. Lets look at past precedent. 2007: Kids Rides 2006: Thrill Ride 2005: Coaster, Show 2004: Nothing 2003: Exhibit 2002: Coaster 2001: Exhibit 2000: Coaster 1999: Show 1998: Water Ride 1997: Kids Rides 1996: Nothing 1995: Coaster In 2 years time as you say, Superman will be 4 years old. Thats a long time between drinks considering the rate they have been building coasters in the past few years. Again, going by past precedent, a flat ride is actually pretty unlikely...it doesn't particularly fit into the flow of the park...and on all the WVTP properties how many full sized flat rides are there? Just two. Its not something they make a habit of installing. The one you have nightmares about derailing on?
Sorry, i was angry when i wrote that post. Edited by PixelPushed

I'm with Gazza on this one. If people like to speculate what MW has in store then so be, we don't need people like you telling us that were wasting time, heck you even gave your own opinion (they probable will get a flat ride) so why cant everyone else. Think before you write Zane.

Back on topic, I will be catching up with one of my old buddies who I worked with at the Park for years (he's still there) and see what goss I can fish out of him. Future expansion plans are often announced at Employee of the month functions and as they have just had their xmas party recently, hopefully there will be some new news to share. I'll be sure to post on this later in the week if I have any news

I'm with Gazza on this one. If people like to speculate what MW has in store then so be, we don't need people like you telling us that were wasting time, heck you even gave your own opinion (they probable will get a flat ride) so why cant everyone else. Think before you write Zane.
There wasnt a debate about it.. i was just angry when i wrote the post im in gazzas side too, which i could delete my post
^ Blabla no one cares
that didnt add discussion to the topic at all Edited by PixelPushed

There wasnt a debate about it.. i was just angry when i wrote the post im in gazzas side too, which i could delete my post that didnt add discussion to the topic at all
Just edit it to just say mistake, that way nobody can read it again. Thanks for taking my advice. On the topic, here's my new paint: Yellow lines are existing pathways able to be used. Inside the turquiose circle is a building whhich can be knocked down, or themed like say a mountain.(since it could be a maintenence shed) The red outline is a new area The green outline is possible big ride area

post-1332-1197980199_thumb.jpg

Edited by sonic123488

This is my idea of movieworld in the furture A)The red area is Where they could possibly put a Bolliger and Mabillard B) The white area is where they could put an Intamin Mega Coaster. post-1866-1198031788_thumb.jpg
Well the neighbours would absolutely hate you if you were in charge of design!! The white area you have marked at the back of the Looney Tunes Ride where there is a fairly narrow service road and a moat that runs between MW and the nearby suburb. Future outdoor 'scream' rides would really have to go on the other side of the park where they would have minimal noise effect and also could be ran during functions and special events outside of hours

Guest jake-train
Just edit it to just say mistake, that way nobody can read it again. Thanks for taking my advice. On the topic, here's my new paint: Yellow lines are existing pathways able to be used. Inside the turquiose circle is a building whhich can be knocked down, or themed like say a mountain.(since it could be a maintenence shed) The red outline is a new area The green outline is possible big ride area
You no that, that area has been there since the park opened. All that it has been used for was when like thay built the Lethal Weapon thay had put all the tracks on the ground and or so when the wild,wild,west too. But what thay so could do with that area is bild some sort of theme land based on the "Transformers" movie is what thay could do but it is only my idea what does every 1 else think of bilding in that area.. ;)

Inside the turquiose circle is a building whhich can be knocked down, or themed like say a mountain.(since it could be a maintenence shed)
Might as well just relocate it out of view, sheds are just bolted together so all it would involve would be laying a new foundation elsewhere. Theming it as a mountain would just look random. Since I have no hope of getting this whole thing I have been working on finished before Friday I'll post up what I had in mind so far. It is based on that Stunt Driving multi motion dark ride I posted back on the first page (And Richo added to) see http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/in...ost&p=47457 As you can imagine, the vehicles tip from side to side on the turns, emphasising lateral forces and the out of control feeling. post-88-1198044495_thumb.jpg People would enter into the offices of WB, and would queue up in an air conditioned area with TVs showing a highlights package of famous WB car stunts, and photo frames with stills of famous moments. You would then enter one of two preshow rooms. The rooms would be set up like a video conference, and groups of guests would be told by the director that he was on the hunt for the next generation of stunt drivers, but to be sure you are up to the task you would be completing a 'crash course'. The production schedule is tight, so if you succeed in making the cut you will have to go straight on to filming. From the preshow room a long hallway (with fake doors to various other departments in the studio) leads to the station. The station would be themed as a garage where they tune and modify the stunt cars. You board into a 12 person vehicle based on the standard 4x4 design, but they would be made to look like a modern 4x4 and painted in glossy colours. The whole ride fits in a 70X90m shed (so a little bit bigger than the looney tunes ride's shed) The first part of the ride has simple theming. Its just a big shed really with a training course in it. From the station you turn left, then pick up speed along a straight, and make a u turn past a screen showing a car doing a slalom, you do the same, zig zagging past obstacles, doing a u turn, then zig zaging some more, the whole time the vehicle is tipping about as you battle to stay in control. Via the onboard speakers the director complements you. You then make a right and go past a fake jump (Director: "we'll skip that one for today") you then make a left past another big screen showing a car doing a two wheeler. Again you do the same, and the whole vehicle tilts to one side as you travel down a straight, before bouncing back onto all four wheels. You then make a U turn, and stop for a second (Director: "lets see if you really have what it takes") Your vehicle then accelerates towards a brick wall, with the nose of the vehicle tipping upwards, and at the last second you swerve past the wall. You make a right, and stop in front of a big screen where the director talks to you, he congratulates you, especially on how you weren't chicken when swerving around that wall. But there isn't much time he says, and you now must play a bandit on the run from the cops, speeding through the city at night in their latest film From there you make a left turn through a roller door into the sound stage. post-88-1198044716_thumb.jpg The first scene is a city street, to your left is a slow moving van, you zoom past it, but all of a sudden further down the road a pair of police cars 'light up' and it becomes apparent they have set up a road block aimed at stopping you. You make a sudden u turn across the road to avoid them, but that van you just passed is still coming! you cross in front of it, its horn blares and you miss it by meters. As you pass it the driver yells "maniac!" You then are forced to turn right to avoid some roadworks, and find yourself in a narrow back alley, where you swerve all sorts of junk. And thats it....... well not really, but i havent drawn all the scenes up yet, so youll have to imagine the next bit. the whole layout looks like this: post-88-1198047371_thumb.jpg at the end of the alley way you make a u turn to the right and head down another straight street, you would pass a couple of cop cars with police behind them shooting at you (the police would be projected onto glass behind the cars, similar to the banditos on WWF before the backwards drop) Compressed air would be aimed at the riders through this section, simulating bullets whizzing by. Off this street you make a left into a construction site, which you cut through in an effort of shake the cops. This section would be themed as you would imagine, with piles of dirt and rubble, half built walls, porta loos and site offices, and piles of construction materials. All through this section the vehicle would bounce around roughly and shake riders up a bit. You then smash through a gate on the other side of the construction site to get back onto the streets. You would then head down a street, and at a junction you would actually head down a freeway exit ramp. You are now heading the wrong way (plenty of cues to emphasise this such as wrong way go back signs) The freeway then enters a tunnel, and you would swerve to avoid oncoming cars down both lanes. The crucial moment comes. Two big trucks would be occupying both lanes and you are on an unavoidable collision course with them. Their horns roar loudly, and the headlights would dazzle riders and get brighter and brighter. At the last moment the vehicle swerves to the left, and the wall of the tunnel opens up like a door, you are now off the set and back in the "big shed" area, come to a quick stop. A big screen shows the director, and he enthusiastically congratulates you on how that whole chase through the city went, and how this film will be a hit. you make one last turn and you are back in the station.