1. 1. Thrill ride

• Roller Coaster (non-looping)
    • Roller-Coaster (looping)
    • Kids ride

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I agree! Gav, that is absolutely awesome!! Your designs just get more and more elaborate. This one represents a timeless Theme and would be an absolute smash hit across a wide market.. Question is.. How much? I'd be thinking this would be a hard one to pull off for less than 30 mil (if done right)

That is a great idea Gazza, I think it is awesome, it would be great if Movie World liked your idea and did something like that. I also think Movie World could pull it off easy, look at rides and themeing they've done on them in the past: * Wild West Falls * Batman the ride (simulator) * Looney Tunes River Ride * Bermuda Triangle Just to name a few! Pricing could be the main thing that stops it! But once again I think they could pull this off! Because of this I found on this website: Replaced by Bermuda Triangle, which recycled the same ride system. Disney executives were amazed the ride had been built so cheap, claiming that an identical ride in the states would have cost at least $20 million. The ride was funded by the listing of the Seaworld property trust on the Australian Stock exchange. Now Disney says at least 20 million, Seaworld did it for 3 million, this gives me confidence that they could do it again!!!

Edited by Original

Good work Gazza. I can see you've gone to a lot of trouble to formulate this idea, but where would it be placed? Maybe it would cost more in the states at that time because of labour costs? And seeing what they've done at sea world gives little confidence that they could pull this off. What with inflation and tax.

Guest jake-train

Great IDER gazza its just what movie world needs. But wat i just don't get is that all of MW rides are all under or in a shead like its one of the best iders i'v herd in a while. But wat thay could start doing is building more rides out side.....

But wat i just don't get is that all of MW rides are all under or in a shead like its one of the best iders i'v herd in a while. But wat thay could start doing is building more rides out side.....
That's because they're meant to be in studios, like on SE it says on the building stage 19 (maybe 20?) that' also why there's no roof before the metal on top, because all of MW is one big set. Or a studio. But as for an idea, maybe the same layout as Gazza, same theme, one of these Or (for the Lex Luthor idea) this And finally I suggest a Warner Village have a reprasentitive be at EAS, conference in Nice, France. Or at the Asian Atractions Expo Edited by sonic123488

As Richo said before, the problem is all comes down to the ride system, more specifically the vehicles. The track itself wouldn't be too much IMO, its just a simple guide rail and conductor bars, I doubt it would cost more than say the track of a dragon wagon (per meter). The course is 580m long (going by my measurements) Its those vehicles which are the huge cost in all this as they cost millions each. However I did some calculations using the speed and acceleration capabilities of the vehicles and each would take about 3 minutes to do the whole course, including loading and unloading, so to get 960 pph the ride could technically get away with using just 4 vehicles. In terms of cost versus capacity I think that is a nice balance...if the ride proved popular enough and helped bring in extra money then adding extra vehicles would be quite possible considering the length of the course. Theming could be done on a shoestring if the effort was made. Obviously that whole first section has no real expensive stuff (except for the 3 screens) The city street scene would be the most expensive probably since it has proper building facades, and that moving truck. The alley way would be a bit cheaper, since it is just full of junk you could just go to a tip that has a recovery section and get stuff there. The second street scene with the cops shooting might be a bit more expensive. The construction site section again could be done fairly cheaply. The walls are just plywood hoardings so getting them would be easy, as would be doing the piles of rubble. For the other stuff lying around, just try and get cheap non working stuff from wherever since they are just there for looks. PS, this is how the cops shooting section, and the construction site looks in it current bare sketch form: post-88-1198113885_thumb.jpg The freeway tunnel scene (last bit i have to draw up) would be simple to theme too. If you look at the way tunnels are done in Sydney: Sydney_Harbour_Tunnel.jpg You can see how simplistic that looks, to emulate it all you would do would be to just get a couple of NJ barriers and have them either side, and then get fibro panels for the walls and paint in a glossy white, and along the roof run some basic fluro lighting. The only other details would be the odd fake ventilation fan (like in a real tunnel) and every now and then have lights that look like this: SouthernExpresswayClosed.jpg mounted on the roof (showing X) to emphasise the fact you are going the wrong way. The other main thing seen around the ride would be other cars. The second hand car market is big enough, so you would just get common cars with high Km's or unroadworthys, after all they are just there for looks and dont need to do anything, as long as the headlights work they would be fine. The reason for the whole chase part of the ride taking place at 'night' is simple...it means no need for a roof with clouds on it, it keeps the ride exciting since it is harder to see what is coming, and you would save money on lighting since you only need to light it just enough so people know what is going on. One problem is the opportunity cost of building this. $20 mil (+) could buy a lot of other stuff, a large coaster for example so it comes down to wether they want to pour that much money into a dark ride...If it were me, then yes because its so unique and a great ride, but management mightn't want to risk it.

but where would it be placed?
Easiest thing to do would be to just steal a chunk of the car park. Another spot could be south of LW, and it wouldn't look out of place there, what with all the other sound stages around it.
But as for an idea, maybe the same layout as Gazza, same theme, one of these
Tomato Tomata, they still do the same thing, the only difference is that one integrates 3D movie screens where the vehicle 'parks' and does stuff like a traditional simulator...its not really the best choice though, firstly because it doesn't look like a car/4x4 which is essential to the theme of the ride, and secondly that vehicle design has walls on the side of the vehicle (so passengers focus on the 3D screens) but on mine obviously riders need to be able to look to the side to see some of the effects etc. My original choice is clearly the better one for what is being done. Edited by Gazza

I thought the name "Stunt Driver" sums it up well, its simple and effective. I don't like the idea of a Batman theme, we don't need another Batman themed ride (Its Movie World, not Batman World) and pretty much goes against the story line I had in mind: That riders are auditioning and filming an action movie. That would also force the cost of the ride up, licensing fees would need to be paid (this wouldn't really have any since it is themed to movie making in a generic sense), the whole ride would have to be fully themed (no barebones sections like the training course at the start of the ride) plus that would be an intrinsically more expensive theme to deal with (Eg Animatronics would probably feature in a ride like this) plus the ride vehicles would be a custom job rather than the standard design I would just utilise. Anway, to me Batman would just be a different theme, not necessarily a better theme, would it actually make the ride more fun? Though, by all means, If you have an idea on how a batman themed would be done, draw it up. I'm pleased with what I have done myself though.

Edited by Gazza

Hey Gav, here's a cost cutting idea - pinch the Motion bases from the batman ride (there are 6) and use them as the base for custom made vehicles for the ride? This is the kind of recycling innovation WVTP's have been renowned for in the past. I agree the best place is over back of Lethal but I have a feeling that area is marked for the new Hotwheels show.

Hey Gav, here's a cost cutting idea - pinch the Motion bases from the batman ride (there are 6) and use them as the base for custom made vehicles for the ride? This is the kind of recycling innovation WVTP's have been renowned for in the past. I agree the best place is over back of Lethal but I have a feeling that area is marked for the new Hotwheels show.
That did actually pass through my mind. They might be a bit big, but hey all you are doing is basically putting them on wheels so it could possibly be done. Who knows, maybe Intamin offers a trade in on your old simulator :P

The Motion bases in the Batride are actually some of the best you can get - They have a crown of 6 Hydrolic legs which allows them to perform movements outside of the range of say Star Tours which only have 4. Some useless information: Before the Batman ride first opened in it's original form in 93 (by far a better attraction than what it later became) the Motion was really intense. We had a preview night for staff as part of the Xmas Party and wow it was FULL ON! Such a shame that got toned down. When I went most recently I was shocked to see the motion seems to have been toned down again! In it's current form, the Batride is surely heading for the chopping block. If they don't redo it with a new Dark Knight Version, then they may as well free up the space for something new (like your idea)

I'd think that weight and size considerations would severly limit how much of the existing technology from Batman could be recycled into a completely new style of attraction. That and the engineering costs to integrate the two systems would be a very significant factor; certainly more than using Intamin's off-the-shelf vehicle design. I'd also hate to think of the kinds of maintenance issues that would result. I'd also wager that motion base technology has progressed significantly over the 15-odd years since Batman was built. Frankly I'd rather see them keep Batman running, though no denying it's needed an overhaul for years now and the second film was always a complete joke compared with the original. Movie World can't just keep replacing old attractions with new ones if they expect to be able to keep up with growth.

Movie World can't just keep replacing old attractions with new ones if they expect to be able to keep up with growth.
I agree, MW needs something new that will expand the size of the park, SE was built on an existing area of the park. And if they need a kids ride just put it in WB kids!. Also why would you put Shreck Live! in the Western area? We need to see them expand and grow, not get cramped inside their box. Edited by sonic123488

Frankly I'd rather see them keep Batman running, though no denying it's needed an overhaul for years now and the second film was always a complete joke compared with the original. Movie World can't just keep replacing old attractions with new ones if they expect to be able to keep up with growth.
Yeah, I think an overhaul to go with the newer films would be good, it could be the sort of thing you put in during a quiet year where no major attractions are happening, at the same time put in some other gimmicks to make it worthwhile (3D?). The ride's capacity is never fully used (even on the packed Halloween nights it was still a walk-on) so they should reduce their maintenance liabilities a bit and cut off unneeded capacity and get rid of 3 of the pods...perhaps if they successfully acquire SAG they could shift 3 of them there to go in with one of those attractions.

Just replying to Mickey D's post. Why would you have two stunt shows? I have a feeling that Police Academy will be replaced, it just doesn't make sense to have stunt shows and there a whole heap of other type shows you could have!!! I also have an idea for the Batman theme with the intamin multi motion simulator, It could replace the simulators, themed to the batman mobile, I havn't thought of any theming or storyline, but I think I should It could replace the old simulators now, just redo the outside facade to make look more like Wayne manor keep the indoor libary thing but add the new simulators, with the new storyline to go with the new movie the Dark Knight!!! Then outside you could have the Gotham city park with a playground, like the stuff they have got a six flags for their Batman rides, have something similiar. I also like how Gazza said once of doing something similiar with Superman and the extra ride, I like the idea of an extra ride as it could take some of the pressure of superman on a busy day, with that Lex Luthor ride I liked Sonic idea http://www.ridetrade.com/rti/index.php?opt...1&Itemid=35 But i think it might be too intense if it goes upside down, defiently a sickly ride for some!!! and I've noticed MW doesn't seem to do sickly rides, but more fun thrills still intense, just not sick thrill rides, that's why I like this ride for the Lex Luthor theme http://www.s-spower.com/flatrides.html It a fun thrill, not so much sickly, I think it should be the size of Cedar Point, It simulates all the fun stuff of a rollercoaster without a track, its just one gigantic swing and proves to be really popular: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TeQ_CPs441U http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-pkYTbZwXgo&...feature=related http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6wjHqE-I78c&...feature=related Wich is always good and what is needed in a themepark!!! Also don't forget you don't have to have Warner Bros. rides. Warner bros. sold up their part of the parks a couple of years ago, so its no longer free for WB rides, they would be paying royalities, which means they can do other movies from other companies and we have already seen that with Shrek, besides the general public don't pay attention to what company its from as long as its fun and gets them imersed!!!

Edited by Original

Gazza, the thing I love about your designs is that they recognise the 'story' of the ride is such an essential part of the overall theme. This is shown through the queue lines - which are all themed - and the preshows which I'm sure would be amazing. Your latest idea is great, especially with all the new motion simulator technology around these days, I think this ride would work well. It also encapsulates the movie theme well, which unfortunately as of late has seemed to die down in Movie World. Just on another note, is this concept similar to that of Test Track at Disney World? I've heard a lot about this ride but I've never really looked much into it. Or, would it be similar to the Indiana Jones type ride system? By the way, I would love to see some sort of explosion integrated somewhere :) I would also be interested on how you think this could be marketed well. Obviously it would bring back the whole 'Hollywood on the Gold Coast' theme, and Batwing and Superman were also extremely easy to market. I did attempt to make a logo but my attempts of half an hour failed, until I realised I was wasting my time getting frustrated over which font to choose lol. Regarding Batman, I think (at least for now) we've seen enough of all the heroes. I think it's perfect timing for an attraction like this - something more generic, sort of like what Wild West Falls was.

Ooo.. I like It has a great theme, plus the theme would never go out of interest.
The name has nothing to do with the theme Gazza has said; so I don't see where you are drawing this connection Pixel?

I also have an idea for the Batman theme with the intamin multi motion simulator, It could replace the simulators, themed to the batman mobile, I havn't thought of any theming or storyline, but I think I should It could replace the old simulators now, just redo the outside facade to make look more like Wayne manor keep the indoor libary thing but add the new simulators, with the new storyline to go with the new movie the Dark Knight!!!
Problem is, there is no way you could fit a proper multi motion simulator course in the current building, remember, a Multi Motion Dark Ride is exactly that, a dark ride.....a simulator on train tracks i suppose. Its not like the current thing where the simulator just stays in one spot and you watch the action on a screen, with Multi Motion Dark rides its like you are on a car ride, but with extra movements, jolts and tilting to mimic the behavior of the suspension of a real vehicle. Edit: Myk, The ride system is the Indiana Jones one, not Test track (though both are cool systems) Indiana jones is like a simulator on train tracks, test track is like Model T lane on steroids...it lacks the hydraulic system so the vehicles don't tip about. The test track one is a Disney only thing (Only used on Test Track at Epcot, Journey to the center of the earth at Disneysea, and the upcoming Pixar Cars ride at DCA) The multi motion one seemed the way to go since for things like the cone slaloms, swerving down the alleyways, tight turns etc the tilting from side to side is important (and a load of fun)
I did attempt to make a logo but my attempts of half an hour failed, until I realised I was wasting my time getting frustrated over which font to choose lol.
I attempted too, weeks ago, but logo design isn't my strong point. I was trying to make it look like the text was coloured in glossy car paint with some scratches, and the words were sort of swerving and crashing into each other, causing sparks at the point of impact, hence the smashed up look of the text. Didn't turn out too well :(post-88-1198138144_thumb.jpg
y the way, I would love to see some sort of explosion integrated somewhere smile.gif
Funny you should mention that. I did actually draw that in, just forgot to mention it in my description. On that grey lead drawing, look at the turn before the track goes into the construction site. Notice there is a car (not a cop car) that has its bonnet popped up. The idea I had was that some of the shots from the cops firing at you goes astray, hits an unfortunate parked car, and causes the engine to explode and the bonnet pop up as the ride vehicle is nearby. Some sort of windscreen shattering effect could be integrated too, eg cracks painted in UV paint, or something projected on, or even something like the fake ride op booth on revenge of the mummy where the glass shatters (Unrelated question; how does that work?) Dunno how safe this effect would be indoors, though it suppose it could be done since a lot of rides have fire integrated in some way. Edited by Gazza

Problem is, there is no way you could fit a proper multi motion simulator course in the current building, remember, a Multi Motion Dark Ride is exactly that, a dark ride.....a simulator on train tracks i suppose. Its not like the current thing where the simulator just stays in one spot and you watch the action on a screen, with Multi Motion Dark rides its like you are on a car ride, but with extra movements, jolts and tilting to mimic the behavior of the suspension of a real vehicle.
Yes but you could extend the building to make it viable!!! It defiently needs something new in that building, it was just an idea, I think yours would be much better since it just so general and people love stunt cars!!! There's other things you can do to better the batman ride and your idea would probably be cheaper as well!!!