1. 1. Thrill ride

• Roller Coaster (non-looping)
    • Roller-Coaster (looping)
    • Kids ride

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to start with, nice to see that some people are still dreaming about what the parks of this fair country might be able to put in, only if they would wake up and think of it themselves.... After reading all 12 pages of this thread, if I misquote or repeat someone, I apologise now in advance...there is a lot to remember. As far as the new attraction to replace the PA attraction, this is something I have known about for a while, was just not able to tell anyone, so glad that it is now out of the bag. Moving on to some of the ideas about where to build new rides within the park. I would almost for sure rule out the lake/swamp area at the front of the park. I know that this area is used by the studios as a filming backdrop, and if there are those who have ever noticed it, sometimes there is a large blue/green screen that is brought in on cranes for night time filming in that area. Before the whole park was owned by Village Roadshow, I would have said that there is no chance of the studio area being used in anyway for theme park rides. Now, your guess is as good as mine. As far as putting rides in the "river" area on the top of the Google maps you guys have posted, would rule this one out straight away. The park got into some major trouble with the Gold Coast City Council a couple of years ago about some work that they did to the creek, and if you search the GCCC web site you might still be able to find the minutes of that meeting. If my memory is correct, and over the length of time in question it is probably not, it was something to do with the altering of a natural watercourse...but as I said, just search the GCCC site....it should still be there. As far as the idea of using the area behind the superman coaster and up to the Wild West area, I will have to be careful as to how I word this. I have heard 'rumors' that this is going to be the next area of expansion for the park, and it does make perfect sense to me. The stage area, to my knowledge, is being used for a show a day if that, and would make a great area to access the land behind the Scooby Doo building. There is a nice section of land there that is home to only a staff canteen ( if they have not changed it from my last visit), and I believe this building to be a demountable, one that can be removed whole with little trouble and cost, and relocated to another area of the park. But the best thing about this suggestion (from Sonic I believe) is that it is not cutting any major roads to the studios or any of the paths used by park staff for parades etc. So therefor, it is the most likely to be used for future expansion, at least in this old farts mind anyway...hehe. While I would love to say that we can see a coaster there, the only two ways I can do that is to see the stage building going bye bye to allow for the room, or if the coaster is a compact unit. And after just looking at the Maurer Sohne X Car concept, I think that one of those launched coasters would fit in that area and still allow for a couple of nice flat rides in there, as well as maybe a nice new dark ride in the stage building itself (something from Sally perhaps?). Using this parcel of land will also allow for connection to the Wild West, LW and Superman areas of the park, given that the last one would be a little walk past LW to get there.... Well that is my rant for the moment, as always in the theme park industry.....Only Time Will Tell.

Does anyone else think they would be able to fit two dark attractions in the old show building? It does have quite a high clearance, so maybe something like a Sally dark ride could be built on a new 'upper' level (with load/unload on ground level of course) and some other form of ride underneath that...maybe a disk-o or something similar?

I like Gazza idea, Thats awesome. Kind of reminds me of Indiana jones at Disneyland, which I really loved. Another thought, when having the freeway scene at the end, the cars have a top speed obvioulsy at about 12k or so, If the walls and ceiling were soft like a canvas belt on rollers, and moving the oposite way to the cars, you can simulate speed over 120k, the walls wouldnt have to be detailed to much either, cause the speed they would be rolling, you wouldnt see much detail. the cars could even slow down a bit to make a 20 meter piece of track seem like a couple of KM on a freeway, to make the effect more real, there would have to have a wind tunnel built in too. but speed is a real thrill, now Simulate it!!!!!! Failing this Mega/giga coaster gets my vote. :)

I know what the park is building next.....A SHED!! That large pile of dirt is to be the location of a new shed for the park.....but it has been now held up until usage approval is granted, if I read it right anyway. Now the only question is......what is the shed for????

Edited by thunder001

And with the concept being so interesting, and yet so undeniably confirmable, or is that unconfirmably deniable? or is it plausibly deniable? or plausibly confirmable? or could it be that it is undeniably plausible? To hell with that... without confirming anything, you're obviously aware of something thats definitely not going on, and definitely not being planned for our parks that is definitely not exciting and definitely not anything we definitely don't want to know about because it is definitely undeniably confirmed that it is completely plausible that nothing is happening. *needs to lay off the cough medicine*

^ Definitely.... But we could guess that a nice big shed would be a good building to house what ever is in the buildings behind the LW area of the park, which would allow for that area to then be used for a "New Land" to be built within the park. And did you know that the parks are using satellites to spy on our every move.....need more alfoil. :)

And did you know that the parks are using satellites to spy on our every move.....need more alfoil. :)
Yeah, the queue jumping was getting really out of hand... They're actually used to perv on people at Wet'N'Wild... :P Does anyone know what happens with the underwater cameras in WWW's wavepool? I know the lifeguards have monitors, but does it get recorded or anything? We saw some idiots mooning the cameras, the lifeguards weren't paying any attention to the monitors, but would someone else somewhere be crying out in agony? Just a thought... Expansion, or at least making more room is a good thing... Although am I the only one thinking this year will be a quiet year with something huge the year after?

That's an interesting concept you have there Alex, certainly sounds plausable to me. Of course I can't confirm or deny anything with the information I have from work.
LOL I like how people talk them selves up. If you really new what was going on then you would know the council has stopped the application on the shed because a MCU is required first.