Sign in to follow this  
Rollercoaster13

Halloween at Movieworld

5 posts in this topic

On tuesday is the first halloween night but it has a forecast for Isolated raining and storming with a high humidity. Do you think that movieworld is a bit greedy taking everyones money and then locking up all the good rides such as Superman escape and batwing spaceshot and then also doing maintenance during the Movieworld halloween nights on wild west falls? elaborate plz ;)

Like any time, a park doesn't take responsibility for inclement weather since they can't control it. Fact is, you cannot 100% rely on a forecast so if it rains... it rains. Roll the dice, pick the night you go (if you haven't purchased tickets already) and cross fingers...

Tony's got it in one. From memory Batwing remains open during the rain, so really its only SE that remains shut. I guess its just luck of the draw really, SE didnt open till late in the day when I was there due to bad weather, but that's just the way it runs. And hey, if its stormy with lighting, its all in the Halloween spirit isn't it ;)

So SE has always closed during rain? That's odd.. because when I went there a couple months back it was raining quite moderately but they let people ride SE, the rain drops hurt obviously but that was the only flaw, didn't notice a decrease in normal speed.

There is a sign outside of the park that in the instance of rain superman escape will close, its out everyday, i was there it was just sprinkiling and they closed it, batwing was closed when it go heavier.