halloween at movieworld report

Rollercoaster13

Yeah but in all honesty the bulk of visitors Movieworld attracts to this sort of event are people who see 20 dollar entry as a far more affordable option than the 60 odd to get in for a normal day. And when you consider that a family pass (for four) was 70 bucks, that is an absolute deal that attracts a tonne of visitors. For those people they honestly couldn't care less about how well it was themed.
On the private numbers I was giving for the fright zone and show stage (which had 2 shows in that night) the numbers were huge, plus the amount of guest that dressed up, I personal think alot of people understood what the concept of the night was about.

What is movieworld supposed to do on a crowded night? if the wait was 1 hour and a half for all the rides, they cant just go "make the queues shorter" so i dont see the point of everyone complaining. It was a halloween night, like Ian said, Go on a day not a special event. I do agree that they should of had Wild West Falls on, But they have to do maintenance or the ride would be very unreliable, they werent expecting everyone to go just for the rides anyway It took me 1 hour and a half to get on Superman escape, But you dont see me complaining. But lucky i rushed to scooby-doo as soon as the park opened and it was only a 20minute wait.

Edited by PixelPushed

Look, I didn't see the lines as unreasonable but my sole point was opening a bit longer would give people a chance to get a bit more done. And the fact is, having WWF did have a flow-on effect with lines on other attractions. That's all I'm saying. Just something I've noticed from attending both nights last year, the one this year and seeing Ian's photos, the effectiveness of Cast Member distribution seems to vary. Like I did NOT see Freddy Krueger or a few of the other examples. And Leatherface did NOT have his chainsaw when we went through. Were they roving around the park? Because if something is part of a Fright Zone, it should be kept there the whole time.

I agree with being open a bit longer, and it would probably give them justification to increase the admission price a bit. Wild West Falls would be great for Halloween there is so much they could do with that like they do at Knott's. I hope they add some mazes (did have they any this year?) and stuff like that in coming years, which might spread the crowd out a bit more. If I hear it is going to be better next year (I was impressed with this year from the photos), I might even come up for it.

Here's a tip - don't use flash. If it is too dark, put the camera on a tripod or a flat stable surface, turn the flash off, and set the timer. use the "P" setting on your camera if you have one, and try to stand the subject in a lit area, rather than in shadow. Just like driving in fog - if you turn your high beams on, everything goes white, if you turn your lights off or to parking lights, everything is a lot more visible. (although obviously in most situations, turning off your headlights is a bad idea). A lot of cars have built in foglights too (which most tossers leave on, even when it isn't foggy, and blind the oncoming traffic - its also illegal). The foglights are not designed to cast a broad beam ahead, rather they are mean to aim low, shining light below the level of the fog, so that you can see the road. Just remember to keep the camera still while it captures, or you'll end up with a big blur.

• 4 months later...