What's Next Dreamworld style

sonic123488

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Who knows what is with it, Im guessing that it is some sort of Cyclone simulation system, combined with a gymnastics arena (hence that section with bouncy floors) but I don't get how that relates to why you are riding on the roller coaster. The original thematic designs can be found here: http://www.sandersongroup.com.au/asandframes.htm I cant make any sense out of it, though it did involve having a sheep in the turbine instead of a cow....

A storyline was developed and monitors encourage patrons to become involved in the experience that gradually intensifies as the queue progresses.
Taken from the sanderson page... LOL WHAT STORY LINE WAS THERE!? On the sanderson site it has a cow not a sheep, they must have changed it or something I dunno. Sorry that was off topic. Continue :) ^ I heard a rumor of a big coaster going in next year, near blue lagoon, well I have heard more than one and when I read it on the forums I though to myself.. hmm... but what could go there? Edited by mickey_079

New idea! For dreamworlds next big thrill ride. Fill the hole where the stingray use to be with jelly and call it the Jelly Fish. You get to line up in the sun for one hour and get very sweaty. When you have achieved the correct amount of sweat you get to swim across the hole full of jelly. Once you reach the other side and get out a photographer gives you a card and you get charged $14.95 for lunch because you swallowed a mouthful of jelly.

Well I know I'm changing my ideas again, but couldn't Dreamworld get a world record again? Look at the last coaster on the page, it does not yet exist off paper, but this might be the thing Dreamworld needs to win the inversion battle(not thet there ever was one). Partly because the cyclone is their only looping roller coaster, and this would bring some definite variety. http://www.intaminworldwide.com/iag/index....9&Itemid=32

Well, Dreamworld could always go bigger and better with the S&S. It could be marketed as "Australia's Tallest SpaceShot". Also, with those seats which tilt forward. I don't know, but I love to see parks go bigger and better; even if it's the same type of ride. It's just like a launch coaster. We want Dreamworld to build a bigger and better one then Superman. So let's see if they can beat Movie World's Batwing. With the area's small area, I'm not sure what else you could put there. The Stingray and Batwing have similar footprints. The only issue would be queue lines. Though, I'm sure Dreamworld could work something out.

I don't know, but I love to see parks go bigger and better; even if it's the same type of ride.
To be honest, I have become utterly sick of that bigger is better mentality a lot of parks (and people) have, it never results in good attractions and its just a monumental waste of money. I mean look at the Mitch Hawker poll for starters, record breakers never poll well (Heck Superman is rated as better than Millennium Force) And I mean look at TTD versus Kinda Ka, both rides went for records, neither are that great, and finally CP have learned their lesson, bowed out of the whole battle and just built Maverick, and right there they have one of THE best steel coasters, its not tallest or fastest, but just aims to be a very good ride. To me, it seems the ones who think big rides are the bee's knees aren't particularly 'well ridden', if you got out there and rode stuff, you'd see the best rides aren't engineered around a stupid stat or gimmick, but to give a high quality experience. Bigger rides don't feel any different anyway, they are still equally as forceful because they have to make the elements oversized and gradual. For those who think big rides are the best, 3 words.......Tower of Terror.

^I know what you are saying Gazza, but Dreamworld needs to install something bigger than what they have already with a bit more pace. As for Cedar Point, they have been breaking records for years. That is half the reason they are considered the coaster capitol of the world. I agree, Maverick is probably a very exciting ride oppossed to the enormity of their previous installations, but the sheer awesomeness of Millenium Force and Top Thrill dragster shouldn't be underestimated. Do you honestly think that a coaster that is 'not that great' would have pulled nearly 1 million riders last year, and the year before that, and the year before that? EDIT: Forgot to add my thoughts on future attractions. I think the 12 inversion coaster would be an awesome idea for Dreamworld or Movieworld. I don't mind who.

Edited by Churros

I know what you are saying Gazza, but Dreamworld needs to install something bigger than what they have already with a bit more pace. As for Cedar Point, they have been breaking records for years. That is half the reason they are considered the coaster capitol of the world.
Yeah, obviously most modern thrill coasters would be an improvement on what they have now, and yes something of a larger scale than cylone or whatever would be excellent, but I was more taking aim at that bigger is better mentality...I mean if DW did go and build a space shot say twice as high as the MW one, it wouldn't automatically be twice as good. The launch would still only be 4g, and you would still only have -1g at the top.
Do you honestly think that a coaster that is 'not that great' would have pulled nearly 1 million riders last year, and the year before that, and the year before that?
Well, if its there people will ride it (It wouldn't be hard to get 1 million riders considering their daily attendance) It's up there with the best in the park...but compared to all coasters in the world, there are quite a few better ones out there. Edited by Gazza

lol just on the cyclone theming.. what is with it? theming looked like it cost about 50 cents, all parts taken from the tip face. And what ever happened to the cow that use to be on top of the turbine? ^_^
Well I think it's a Cyclone machine, and when you go on the coaster your on a machine riding through the cyclone.

Next attraction for Dreamworld, well, I would rather see no new attractions for the next 3 or 4 years, and see the park get the attention it deserves. Clean the park up, fix up the TOT & GD and all the rest that needs to be done to the place to make it what it was. I don't want to see any more brightly coloured paint. I don't mind Main Street, it doesn't look too bad in it's new coat, but the Main street Railway station, and the Paddleboat is just not on. I would also like to see the main dock for the paddleboat move around to the Wildlife section of the park, freeing up the theme for the old Rivertown, so they have some more space to do something good in that area, as I am sick of the lack of consistency in the place. You choose a theme, and you stick to it. </ENDRANT>

Just on the topic of theming... what did happen to original theming in GD and why do they no longer use the lift in ToT? I think the lifts would of added to the rides atmosphere and hype. But I think T-Bone has got the best idea, forget about attractions, fix it up, turn it into the park it once use to be, and why can't they use the water on the wave on Wipeout anymore? Don't say drought because how is it that Wet 'n' Wild can use those massive water jets on their new attraction? I know the surfrider has a pool underneath the ride but not ALL the water is running off into that pool whereas on W.O it is all running into the pool of water (so I have been told). Oh BTW what is a cyclone machine Sonic?? :lol: