What's Next Dreamworld style

sonic123488

Well, this is unconfirmed, but I am pretty sure the water jets on the wave are no longer connected up. The fountains down below, I have no idea. I have on very rare occasions seen them running, but this has never been for any longer than 1 or 2 cycles.
There is a decking on the beach now, protruding into the water. I'm not sure if it has covered the jets in the pool. Does anyone know if the deck is just themeing or does it have a purpose?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Water Wave was turned off, from what I had heard, because the moulding of the wave was leaking, and the water was seeping into the structure. I do believe it was shut off for safety, than anything else. Last time I was on Wipeout - which was in July, the water jets were still plainly visible.

But cracked fiber glass would have to be one of the most easiest things to repair. Just sand it back, put a new bit of fiber glass over it, sand it so its even a whack on a bit of paint. But then again to much hassle for Dreamworld :( Last time I went the wave actually needed a new coat of paint as did the sign and gondola. In fact the rust needs to be fixed on that lol.

Edited by mickey_079

• 1 month later...

Nice to see my favorite topic has come back again. Would like to address the "Motor Coaster" first. Did DW hype up the advertising of this coaster...pretty safe to say that is true. But having said that, as a "FAMILY" based coaster, it does what is needed to fulfill the requirements of this area quite well. Now that's over with, onto the fun part. If you are going to built a new "Hyper" coaster, you are going to need one important thing....a nice size footprint to fit the ride into. We can now rule out the old Thunderbolt area as we know that is for the next stage of WWW to use. So the question remains, where to put the ride. I think that the park should but in a couple of new flat rides, to replace the old fav's around the Ocean Parade area of the park. With the funds that could be spent on a single new attraction, the park could purchase a couple of nice flat's and update the theming within the Ocean Parade area to go along with the new expansion of the water park, as the parks internal entry to that area is from Ocean Parade. Maybe a couple of up charge attractions from S&S, or some of the other flat rides that do not come to mind at the moment. Should a coaster be in the works, I would like to think it would be the repair of the mine ride, or at worst a replacement for that ride. As far as area of the park for a new major attraction, you would have to assume that it would be placed behind the log ride area of the park, which has it's own pro's and con's. Pro's.....The ride would make for a nice entry attraction for the parks rumored entry to the Comera City Walk area of the park, when ever that happens. Con's.....If you come in from the current entry, how would the park sell a ride that is tucked away from the rest of the park...apart from large signs as soon as you enter the park grounds, unless the ride was as tall as the tower is, or almost as tall. While I, like the rest of you, dream of walking into DW to ride Australia's first B&M coaster, I just can't see it happening any time soon, or without some of the other attractions being relocated within the park. Waiting gladly to be proved wrong.

Just adding on Thunders Flat Ride post, I really think Reef Diver, and Vortex can go. Not quite sure what would fit well into Vortex's spot, but I have always felt a Huss Topple Tower would be perfect for the Reef Divers spot. Nice capacity also. I would also love to see Ocean Parade's paving & Lighting cleaned up, currently it's a mix of old and new. The sort of Paving which they used for around the Claw is what the area needs all round, just to give it more of that ocean sort of feel. They could also upgrade the old lighting in the area to the new style of lighting used in the Claw area (just to keep the theme consistant).

Would like to address the "Motor Coaster" first. Did DW hype up the advertising of this coaster...pretty safe to say that is true. But having said that, as a "FAMILY" based coaster, it does what is needed to fulfill the requirements of this area quite well.
In regards to the overwhelming response to the ride, I don't think it's because they hyped the ride. I don't think it's because of confusion between a teen thrill ride and a family thrill ride. I think it genuinely falls down to the fact that it's a poorly designed coaster that completely lacks pacing. I put our on-ride video of it up on YouTube and the response there is presumably largely from regular park goers rather than theme park fans as it has been here. The general concensus is overwhelmingly that it is not a terribly enjoyable ride and that it has comfort issues that could have easily been addressed within the R&D phase of its development. The comparison I like to make is one to the Rugrats or Roadrunner coasters, both rides that are targeted more so at younger children rather than families and teens like Motocoaster. Honestly, aside from that initial launch and first turn or so of Motocoaster, there is absolutely no denying that both these children's coasters have a more enjoyable layout which is more exciting from start to finish than Motocoaster.

• 2 years later...

Please Answer With The Best From Each Manufacturer Vekoma

• Bommerang Coater
  • Invertigo
  • Giant Inverted Boomerang
  • Suspended Looping Coaster
  • LSM Launch Coaster
  • Flying Dutchman
  • Stingray
  • Big Air
Intamin
  • Mega
  • Giga
  • Mega-Lite
  • Vertical Lift
  • Wing Rider
  • Wooden
  • Blitz
  • Surf Rider
  • Ball
  • Twisted Impulse
  • ZacSpin
  • Multi Inversion
  • Suspended
  • Twist & Turn

Bolliger & Mabillard

• Sitting
  • Floorless
  • Stand Up
  • Hyper
  • Inverted
  • Flying
  • Diving Machine

I was unable to type the common names (e.g. Strata, Giga, etc). Instead I have wrote the manufacturers given names. Sorry this took up so much space.

Edited by lylefart

Please Answer With The Best From Each Manufacturer Vekoma Intamin

Bolliger & Mabillard

• Floorless
  • Stand Up
  • Hyper
  • Inverted
  • Flying
  • Diving Machine

Vekoma? Seriously? I know they are trying new things (somewhat unsuccessfully of late) but there is really only one manufacturer we need to see on the Gold Coast that will set Dreamworld apart from Movie World and provide something the public over here has never seen before done properly. Flying, floorless and stand-up are all types that will get that wow factor that Dreamworld are needing.

Vekoma? Seriously? I know they are trying new things (somewhat unsuccessfully of late) but there is really only one manufacturer we need to see on the Gold Coast that will set Dreamworld apart from Movie World and provide something the public over here has never seen before done properly.
Just remember, Vekoma brought Dreamworld the Wipeout. And it is one of Dreamworld's most iconic, famous and favourite rides.