Nick Central's come and Thunderbolt's Gone, so what now?

Richard

Indeed, coasters are the most 'sexy' to market. However, they do require vast amounts more capital then a new water park would. Judging from history (this goes back to 1982), the biggest spikes in attendance at SW came from Flume Ride, Corkscrew, Monorail and Polar Bear Shores, which as you'll see, are 4 rather different types of attractions. The only thing they had in common, is that are among the better marketed additions. I think Dreamworld could add anything they want and it'd generate huge attendance boost if marketed strongly. Something which Dreamworld is very good at and have just about perfected since the introduction of Big Brother and the 'Xtreme World' promotions. I'll tell you one thing about this, no matter which way you look at it, its not a smart move doing nothing to the water park while potential guests go to Wet 'n' Wild. Dreamworld would not be thinking that having that is a satisfactory situation. With around 600,000 guests going to Wet 'n' Wild (admittedly this has allot to do with the 3PSPs) each year, there is defiantly a market for a better water park at Dreamworld. I don't think its a coincidence that the Tiger Cubs were introduced the same year as the Polar Bear cubs, nor do I think its purely chance that a Movie themed walk through is being built the same year as Matrix.

I love these posts, this is what I come to a forum for :) Very intresting and educational, brain food. I still think coasters are still very apealling (sexy) to the 'GP' (Personnaly I would call my self a 'thrill ride enthusiast' :) as it is not the coaster but the thrill i enjoy, i'm more into flats than coasters anyway). If you ask anyone who has just been to a park what the major caster was called and where it was I'm sure that just about everyone could tell you, from little kids to grandpearnts, these things are very dominant in a theme park and are marketing machines. AS i'm sure your probaly all ware of. I'm not against DW doing up there water park but if they want to market it and try to be good compition for W'n'W they are going to have to do a real good job at it, that's all, and it's going to have to be big! I like the idea about DW takeing up into the 3 markets (rides/animals/water), is something intresting to think about anyway. I just thought of a new idea, what if they built/refurbed the water area and built one of those setpoint water coasters in there!!!! That would be a great idea. Having a coaster in the water area would really draw people into it and who would be able to resist getting wet for such a fun coaster :) Anyway I don't think i've said nothing new in this post anyway except for the last paragraph Shaun

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Rumor ONLY There will be a total of 4 new attractions in place of the Thunderbolt for next season. The rumor goes on to state that there is to be one coaster STYLE ride with 3 flat rides of different size, but all to suit the teenage park goer. This info comes from a yet unproven source so don't hold it against me if it does not come to truth, I have stated that it is ONLY a RUMOR. We can only hope.