Sea World Resort Renovation

sonic123488

Lisa and i stayed there in 2003 as part of a Big Brother Eviction package. We found the resort expensive and was not worth the money. They charge you per person even though the superior rooms sleeps 4 (2 double beds) Will never stay there again. Helps if you have a car because unless you have the unlimited SW entry you have to walk from SW to the resort. But that's only good if you arr before the park closes. The resort is 700m from SW. But if you have the unlimited entry you can get the monorail.

It's 800m from Seaworld actually. It's not worth the money they charge for it though, without a car you are stranded in your room and the rooms are pretty small sized for 4 people. There's barely enough room to walk between the beds. Not worth the money.

Edited by lisalila

Helps if you have a car because unless you have the unlimited SW entry you have to walk from SW to the resort. But that's only good if you arr before the park closes. The resort is 700m from SW. But if you have the unlimited entry you can get the monorail.
That's not true. So long as you stay at SWR you can enter the park through the resort's monorail station. If the monorail isn't operating you can enter through the gate just below the station.
It's not worth the money they charge for it though, without a car you are stranded in your room
SWR operates a regular shuttle service that goes to Surfers and back. There are daily buses to all the main attractions, so I wouldn't go as far as saying that you're stranded if you don't have a car.

That's not true. So long as you stay at SWR you can enter the park through the resort's monorail station. If the monorail isn't operating you can enter through the gate just below the station. SWR operates a regular shuttle service that goes to Surfers and back. There are daily buses to all the main attractions, so I wouldn't go as far as saying that you're stranded if you don't have a car.
Helps if you have a car because unless you have the unlimited SW entry you have to walk from SW to the resort. But that's only good if you arr before the park closes. The resort is 700m from SW. But if you have the unlimited entry you can get the monorail.
Isn't that what i said? Edited by dreamworld_rulz

I can see what they are saying, basically when you arrive at SW the bus would only go as far as the front gate. If you want to get to the resort, you could either walk down the spit road, or go into SW and jump on the monorail and take that to the resort. Still 800m seem pretty bearable, you would do many times that length during the course of the day walking around the park.

I can see what they are saying, basically when you arrive at SW the bus would only go as far as the front gate. If you want to get to the resort, you could either walk down the spit road, or go into SW and jump on the monorail and take that to the resort. Still 800m seem pretty bearable, you would do many times that length during the course of the day walking around the park.
That's true but why walk when you have the monorail? :D

I realise this will never happen, but it would be great if Sea World bought the Sheraton building (theres a rumour going around that Sheraton may possibly move to one of the buildings in the Dolphin centre redevelopment) and move the resort there, of course changing the monorail path to connect to it. Then they could demolish the current Sea World Nara Resort building and expand the park, imagine the possibilities if that land became available, orcas may become a reality. Side Note to the person in charge, your registration form cuts off halfway horizontally, making it hard to register to the forums, the site looks good though, one of the most aesthetically pleasing forums ive seen.

Edited by gho

I think the situation could get a lot more dire before they go demolishing the resort. The water park I think could be trimmed in half, just get rid of the 2 flume slides, and build new ones from the point where the 2 tobbogan slides used to start, build a new changeroom/cafe complex closer to the shark bay end, and have a deck area on the roof, and you could basically get rid of the rest, in that space 3 new animal exhibits could fit easily. Though I dont like the idea of Orcas, they have a poor track record of being kept in captivity, and it is a bit cruel to keep such a large animal in a small habitat without really deep water. The Nara is here to stay, this year they are continuing the upgrade, and are doing something with the pool area...hopefully with that they go all out and make the GCs best pool area...almost like an mini water park with lots of gardens, spa coves, waterfalls, meandering canals to swim down etc. Its funny, the pool area is something that can make or break a resort, IMO its better to direct money there instead of minor room upgrades.

Edited by Gazza

• 3 weeks later...