Theme Parks on the Gold Coast

easy-rider

Just looking at some stats from here: Visitor Numbers (all overnight and daytrip visitors) 10,370,714 Visitor Numbers (overnight visitors only) 4,419,309 Visitor Nights 23,211,233 Average Length of Stay (overnight Visitors only) 5.25 Number of visitors the Gold Coast hosts each day 73,426 The parks have a total combined annual attendance of about 6 million, and interstate/international visitors represent about half of that from memory, so I think the parks would play a fair role, but I dont think it is as clear cut as your question puts it. In my trips there, it has been solely about the parks....I certainly wouldn't fly up there for their <cough> 'unspoilt' beaches. The other aspects such as shopping, night-life etc arent exclusive to the GC, so I'm not sure about their role. Though I think another major factor in drawing people is just the resorts/hotels on the GC, I mean if people get a room at a nice resort, and have theme park tickets, they are pretty much set for a good trip.