Night WhiteWater World!

GoGoBoy

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet but WhiteWater World are holding a night time event in December describing it as the ultimate moonlight beach party. The park will be open from 6:30pm-10pm with most rides open and DJs, entertainment etc. I reckon it's a very cool idea and hope it catches on. They have made up a funky logo for it too featuring the surf god 'Huey'. All the details are on the website at http://www.whitewaterworld.com.au So, who plans to attend?

Thanks for posting that. Will be going for sure. The best part is that it's on the day Lisa and i arrive. And yes thanks for the heads up. EDIT : We'll be getting our tickets on Thursday.

Sounds good, but it's a bit of a shame that you can't even get say half-price if you own an annual pass. :(
I know it's a total bummer. But at least it's a good price. Edited by dreamworld_rulz

• 4 weeks later...

I arrive in Brisbane (staying on the Gold Coast) on that day too, and we have our Night WWW tickets! We were hoping to coincide with a Screamworld night since we have always wanted to go to one but they don't announce them enough in advance. But this is even better. We have not been to WWW yet and have not been to a night theme park event, so we get to do both at once. I'm guessing though it might be busier than usual that night? Our busy long weekend schedule also includes Dracula's Haunted Castle, Saturday at Wet'n'Wild, staying for the dive in movie (Hairspray!), Sunday at Dreamworld (for the Motocoaster and annual BB house visit), and Monday in Brisbane.

Mate this is Queensland up here. Queensland is not like Melbourne we don’t live on the weather channel. I have heaps of relatives who live in Melbourne and they pull that line with me all the time. Us Queenslanders go outside and enjoy the day. I can’t see your point on waiting to check the weather; the idea is to get wet.

Mate this is Queensland up here. Queensland is not like Melbourne we don’t live on the weather channel. I have heaps of relatives who live in Melbourne and they pull that line with me all the time. Us Queenslanders go outside and enjoy the day. I can’t see your point on waiting to check the weather; the idea is to get wet.
Well there you go. It's a Melbourne thing. :P

I haven't got my tickets yet as I'm waiting to see the weather report. Might go to WnW on Saturday even though hairspray doesn't interest me. Might go to Outback Spectacular on Tuesday.
Agreed, why is rain a problem in a Water Park? All it would do would make things a little bit cooler....though then again this is the Queensland summer, so it would be humid anyway and rain wouldn't make a difference.
Where in my post did i mention rain?

I think you will be fine. Gosh dude even if it wasn’t a warn day the average night temps are over 20. If you go by next Tuesday forecast you will see even if it is cooler during the day the night temp does not drop by much. TUE Strong Thunderstorms. Mostly Cloudy. Mild. Humid. 18 km/h N 22mm (77%) 77% 22min - 26min

Edited by skeetafly

Hay guys I went last night for an end of year break up with a club i'm in . It was the best night, 4 hours isn't long thought we did all the big slide except the temple of huey. We went on the rip twice it is unreal at night. Spent a lot of time lining up I would suggest heading for the back of the park first it seemed quieter and work your way back. The longest lines were at the hydrocoaster and the green room, the hydrocoaster was defiantly worth the wait. The BRO was good and the line moved pretty quickly. I wouldn’t worry about the weather it rained a bit last night but it wasn’t cool and your wet anyway.

My sister wants to go the event so we'll be getting our tickets on Wednesday. The Hydro coaster being packed wouldn't be unexpected along with the Green room. Can you see in the bro? or is it pitch black? Great TR and glad you had fun. Really looking fwd to friday night although it'll be a long day as we have to get up at 6am.

Agreed, why is rain a problem in a Water Park? All it would do would make things a little bit cooler....though then again this is the Queensland summer, so it would be humid anyway and rain wouldn't make a difference.
You would be suprised. At the moment they are really pushing spray fans and so many people complain that they got wet by the person selling them. There at a water park??

Just a quick run down. The gates open just after 6pm and after getting a locker we headed straight to the Hydro Coaster. We were about 7th in line. The water was cold but it was refreshing. Next was the Green Room the line was a bit longer so about a 20 min wait. We shared a tube with 2 kids as the the life guard said the min weight is 90kgs. Next was the wave pool. For the 1st waves Missy and i were the only ones in it. The water was heated. We then headed to the BRO which was a walk on. Next was the RIP. Line up about 10 mins. It was totally awesome being pitch black and not seeing the turns. Was worth the wait. We then headed over the TOH. This was a little confusing as i had a Yellow tube and Missy had a Blue one. We got to the split area and a sign saying that only the Blue tubes can go on the rippers. I was pissed off as there's no sign at the bottom of the ride. Anyway i went on the snake while Missy went on the ripper. Once again both were a walk on. They had Life guards for every slide which was good. We spent around 30 mins re-riding the TOH. At about 7:30 onwards the park started getting full. The RIP had a wait time of about 25 mins. The life guards on TOH was chopped down to 2. They ended up closing one of the rippers which made the queue line long. All in all it was a great night and well worth the $25. I didn't take any pics as i only had my mobile.

^The idea of those things at the bottom is that you grab a different tube depending on which thing you line up in. I am pretty sure there are signs up as well, but it might have been hard to see in the dark? Cheers for the report though, sounds like a good night. Hopefully, WhiteWater World does then more often.