Night WhiteWater World!

GoGoBoy

I think both rides have separate pick up points/storage areas for the rafts. For TOH its right beside the stairs and for Rippers its under the orange and purple slide: http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/AU/Gold_Coas...le_Rippers.html I guess it works off the assumption that if you go through the whole queue at ground level you exit the queue right where the pick up point is. There are indeed signs, look closely and you can see two sets of them to the right of the pick up point for the rippers. Did you and Missy Higgins get your rafts from the same place? PS, when are we gonna see your moto coaster review?

Edited by Gazza

^The idea of those things at the bottom is that you grab a different tube depending on which thing you line up in. I am pretty sure there are signs up as well, but it might have been hard to see in the dark? Cheers for the report though, sounds like a good night. Hopefully, WhiteWater World does then more often.
I had a look today and didn't see any. I might have been blind though LOL. EDIT : Added Gazza's post.
I think both rides have separate pick up points/storage areas for the rafts. For TOH its right beside the stairs and for Rippers its under the orange and purple slide: http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/AU/Gold_Coas...le_Rippers.html I guess it works off the assumption that if you go through the whole queue at ground level you exit the queue right where the pick up point is. There are indeed signs, look closely and you can see two sets of them to the right of the pick up point for the rippers. Did you and Missy Higgins get your rafts from the same place? PS, when are we gonna see your moto coaster review?
Yeah we did. I rode it yesterday and it was awesome. We stood in the front row queue and there was about 7-10 peeps in front of us. The ride slows down which is a bummer but that's DW for ya. Rode it again today but due to an accident it was shut down for about 40mins. The line up was at the top so we pushed into the single rider queue. We also went back to WWW today which got packed later in the day. The TOT was packed as well that's how we got on the moto coaster. Edited by dreamworld_rulz

Recently they have occasionally been getting single riders to line up in the 110cm-130cm side car line of the MDMC. This is done for 2 reasons, 1: one of the trains has a faulty bike where the restraint system doesn't work so they aren't currently using that bike, 2: occasionally there is not alot of parents and children waiting for the side cars meaning there are 2 bikes at the back left empty. Also to let you guys know, it's best for people who are 5'10 or taller to remove their shoes, it allows the rider more leg room, so they will fit better and the ride will be much more comfortable. Also sitting as far back on the seat as possible and placing your feet as high up on the foot rest as possible also allows for a far more comfortable ride.

• 1 year later...

Really? Wow.. we didn't even get time to ride every slide once. If wait times were any longer it wouldn't have been worth going in my opinion. They had serious issues with the lockers throughout the night also. Everyone got let in around 6:30pm, but they couldn't get the lockers to 'reset' until about 45 minutes later. Then when we finally got a locker, ride a few slides and went back to get our wallets to buy some food the lockers weren't opening for anyone. Yet again they were on the phone to someone to try to sort it out... another 20 minute wait and we were able to open our locker. Still had a fun night though... but i felt they should know how to reset the lockers by now, they've been doing these night time events for a while. :)

I got there around 7:30-8pm so obviously must have missed out on the locker problems. Only other time I went to them was to get everything out of them. Were the queues really that bad? I got to do everything at least once. I must have been lucky or better planed my choice of slides and when I done them.

• 10 months later...

I just noticed the next WhiteWater World on 22nd January is now being advertised on the park website. I am surprised they aren't planning to hold more of them over the summer including some in December as they did when they originally started it. I remember reading a recent Ardent Leisure financial report where they mentioned they would be looking to hold more of these night events in an attempt to increase revenues. I wonder what's made them seemingly change their mind?