It SW really worth it?

stumpy6

You're splitting hairs on that one, you can see the gist of what Im saying. Salesman, expert, friend, whatever. "In the street", what you are saying is true, but on a forum you might as well be elaborate in the first place, saves the person asking in the first place from having to ask more questions....If they want the short answer, they can read the first line of the post, if they want to know why then they keep reading, simple. PS, when we were in the market for a new TV a salesman did warn us against LG...and the store did have them in stock.
Oh really? Were they attempting to peddal another brand or just bagging out LG?
LOL i'll pay that...still I'd rather be a know it all than a know nothing ;)
Ahhh... good to see you are in good humour about it Gazza. Feel free to print off a few copies if you need them in future. Or shrink it down and put it in your sig! Anyway, if I was to offer anything to this topic, I would say if you have the time give Seaworld a go. If you really decide it was a miserable day then you know not to go there again, and if it's a great day it was all worth the while. I personally havn't been to Seaworld since I was very young, and really enjoyed it.

Oh really? Were they attempting to peddal another brand or just bagging out LG? Ahhh... good to see you are in good humour about it Gazza. Feel free to print off a few copies if you need them in future. Or shrink it down and put it in your sig! Anyway, if I was to offer anything to this topic, I would say if you have the time give Seaworld a go. If you really decide it was a miserable day then you know not to go there again, and if it's a great day it was all worth the while. I personally havn't been to Seaworld since I was very young, and really enjoyed it.
LOL sorry but youve gotta admit that Churros point of view is true loved the Business card

• 2 years later...

hey I would'nt go there for a day unless you are an animal lover. They got the paddle boats which has been there for a while and you still have to pay for it!!! and not to mention when they blocked off the water park for the resort unless you pay $5 !!! entry fee but if you have a Annual pass and VIP pass it is free! :D.

not to mention when they blocked off the water park for the resort unless you pay $5 !!! entry fee but if you have a Annual pass and VIP pass it is free! :D.
It is only Sea World annual pass and Myfun Mega pass holders that get free entry to the water park, all other ticket/pass holders have to pay extra to get in. As for the price, for what is a giant zoo I personally don't see the value in $72 to get into the park. If you really love animals and want to do things like dolphin swim then yes but going there with the same intentions as other parks (for the rides) then it isn't in my opinion.

I wouldn't be sure. I haven't been to Sea World before, but my grandmother said that the Bermuda Triangle ride is fun, so I suppose the park would be worth your time. Then again, there's White Water World, another water park. The Gold Coast sure has a LOT of amusement parks - Sea World, Dreamworld, White Water World, and so on. Unlike here in Sydney, which only has Luna Park after losing its better parks.

But Sea World and Whitewater World are completely different.
True. What I meant to say is that they're both in Queensland, and that they're both waterparks. Sea World on the other hand just got more interesting stuff, like the aquatic animal shows and stuff like that. It's more entertainment based than Whitewater World. That's for sure.

True. What I meant to say is that they're both in Queensland, and that they're both waterparks.
Both WhiteWater World and Sea World are water parks? Wet'n'Wild and WhiteWater World are the water parks on the Gold Coast. Sea World is a theme park with a small upcharge water park featuring only a couple of slides. I would not class it as a water park. See Parkz database page for Sea World here, you'll notice it has a few rides with very little focus on the water park. In regards with Bermuda Triangle, if you read this thread you will discover it now offers a lower quality experience than years ago.

^Yeah, to be more specific, I'd define a water park as being a place where you spend all day in your swimmers, and the vast majority of attractions are either water slides or things that involve swimming (Eg wave pools, lazy rivers etc) so Wet 'n' Wild and Whitewater World. Sea World is predominantly a 'dry park', and not a water park. You go around in your street clothes, and it is mostly animal exhibits, shows, and rides that don't involve swimming. The place does have a small water park section, but then again, many theme parks have these.....Wonderland had The Beach, Dreamworld used to have Blue Lagoon before they took it away etc. But they weren't classified as water parks on the whole. Perhaps another way to look at it. The Gold coast water parks from above: http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-27.914676,153....mp;nmd=20091111 http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-27.865407,153....mp;nmd=20091111 Compared to Sea World from above: http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-27.957221,153....mp;nmd=20091111 Very different...

Another correction: Sea world should not really be considered as a "park" as it's only got four actual rides and a kids zone. (Not including transportation like Monorail, Chairlift etc as not a ride) In reality it's just an overpriced zoo to see some stupid wildlife you could see in the wild for free.

you could see in the wild for free.
In reality, it would be expensive to say go all the way up to the Arctic Circle to see the Polar Bears, and then back down to the Tropics to see the fish in Shark Bay, and then down to Victoria to see the fairy penguins, and then go on a charter boat to see Dolphins/Whales etc.

Another correction: Sea world should not really be considered as a "park" as it's only got four actual rides and a kids zone. (Not including transportation like Monorail, Chairlift etc as not a ride)
As opposed to Movie World with its staggering six rides and a kids zone, or Dreamworld with its unparalleled nine rides and not one but two kids zones?

It's a theme park, and the theme is the sea. So of course there are going to be lots of animals. If I went to Sea World and it was nothing but rides, I'd be like WTF?
That's fine, But it's lacking on rides is bothersome and it does even do it's theme well. Ahh if only U.S sea world was in control of it, Maybe then things might be different.