*WANTED* Discounted vouchers dreamworld

puffymom

hello all, i am going to gold coast on 3rd december till 7th, just wondering if anyone can spare me a discounted voucher to buy tickets at a cheaper rate. I am going to dreamworld, movieworld, sea world, wet n wild.. so all 4 parks discounted pass is needed there will be 4 of us going there :rolleyes: I am willing to pay for postage to melbourne ;) I really appreciate it guys thanks a lot

Edited by puffymom

I can't help as far as discounted passes unfortunately, and take my advice - don't buy them off ebay and the like as it generally defeats the purpose and in some cases are expired or not for out-of-state visitors. EDIT: I took so long typing up responses on other threads, the ebay link above wasn't there when I posted this. I have visited that link and it only confirms a few of the things I was saying about ebay. On the first ten links I clicked on, most of them were postcode restricted (qld and northern NSW only), but also pay attention to the vouchers that clearly say "can not be sold". Sure, so they can't stop you from selling them - but this guy has paid nothing for them, and probably got a handful of them from a brochure stand, and is now profiting from it, and sure you get a discount, but if you bid $20 plus postage, you're defeating the purpose of the discount! If you are a member of your local auto club (I think its RACV in Vic - like RACQ in QLD or NRMA in NSW) they offer discounted ticket prices to their members, also if you have private health insurance, a lot of providers also offer discounted tickets as well. Remember that December and January are peak season for all of our theme parks. The likelihood of there being discounted tickets during that period that aren't offered all year round is slim, as the parks generally have special discount offers when they want to attract people to the park. School holidays does that for them, so they don't usually have that offer during that period. Take advantage of the new Warner 3 park passes. The new passes really cater to just about any sort of holiday, and allow revisits etc etc, plus they are already discounted for combining the three. Not sure if you can get these through RACV or private health, or if there is any further discount offered on them, but check them out, they may be the way to go - www.myfun.com.au As far as Dreamworld goes, it comes down to if you're visiting Whitewaterworld as well, or if you're up to a second day at dreamworld, which, considering the queue times, and the time of year, you might have to do just to ride everything you want to, find the best value 1 day ticket you can find - through RACV, private health, or through another similar organisation (I know target was giving away vouchers for 4 people - i think it was either $20 off adult or 20% off adult earlier in the year), then upgrade your ticket to a two day ticket for about another $15. This means you would get two days at dreamworld for about $40 per day, and you would have multiple days at warner village with the 3 park passes (and variations). I've just looked back and checked your dates and realised you're only on the coast for 5 days. I think that is a little ambitious to achieve 4 parks back to back if you're not regular park goers, in summer season. I would suggest a reconsideration of your timing, extend the dates if you can, or perhaps do one or two of the parks next time around. I know there are others out there that will disagree with me, but I could not do all 4 parks back to back without a rest day during summer season. Off season, spring, autumn, winter, no problems, but the heat of the day, the lack of air conditioning, the close proximity to 200 other people who can't wait to get on a 30 second ride is stifling, and makes for a great combination of heat stroke and sunburn which you will want a day or two to recover.

Edited by AlexB

If there are 4 of you going then just join RACV, the amount you will save on tickets will pay for the membership and then some, its probably the easiest thing for you to do...and if one of you are 17-21 you can get RACV membership for free. RACV discounts are better than the measly ones on dockets anyway, plus at Dreamworld, buying your tickets this way gives you 1 hour of exclusive access to the park before it opens to the public.

I could never realise the point of buying discount passes, which can be obtained for free. It just makes no sense. Most of the time when using say a discount voucher to Dreamworld, your saving anywhere between 5 dollars to 15 dollars (depending on the voucher). It does not seem like a worthy discount at all. I am glad that other people on here have the same view as I in regards to this issue also.

I could never realise the point of buying discount passes, which can be obtained for free. It just makes no sense. Most of the time when using say a discount voucher to Dreamworld, your saving anywhere between 5 dollars to 15 dollars (depending on the voucher). It does not seem like a worthy discount at all. I am glad that other people on here have the same view as I in regards to this issue also.
$5 is better than nothing.

Not to mention all the effort and time it takes to save a measly $5. The vouchers distributed should be worth next to nothing anyway, they cost nothing in the first place, and are distributed in the thousands, it goes against all market logic that people can sell them for as much as they do.

Edited by Gazza

• 2 weeks later...