wet n wild or white water world

puffymom

Hi there. Welcome aboard. It depends on what your after. If your looking for a huge park then WnW is the go. As it has quite a few slides and a U shaped roller coaster. Plus they also have dive in movies on Saturday nights from about Dec 20th. If your looking at a smaller park or the latest in rides then WWW is the go. It has Australia's 1st hydro coaster and a world 1st 8 lane octopus racer. It also has 2 kids themed areas. Wiggles Bay and Nickelodeon. I'm sorry I'm not much help but I find it difficult to explain things. Personally I'd prefer WWW as it's smaller and the crowds are quite small compared to WnW. Richard, Gazza and everyone else will give you a more detailed opinion. Sorry i can't be much help.

Edited by dreamworld_rulz

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA..... Oh Puffy you don't know what kind of war you've just declared.... Welcome to the forums first of all, and to explain my above comment a little bit, there is no hard and fast rule when it comes to the two waterparks. There are different views from different people for different reasons. This discussion has been had out before on this thread (click to view), so I guess your first stop should be there. You will quickly see which forums members are sitting on the Wet n Wild side of the fence, and which are on White Water World. To add my two cents, having never visited White Water World, but having visited Wet n Wild only about 3 years ago, WWW has all the new groundbreaking technology, WnW has the quantity of rides, and the space to spread people out across a diverse range of attractions for the whole family. If you haven't been to EITHER of them, flip a coin... chances are you will enjoy whichever one you go to, as you don't know what the other is like to compare it against anyway, and they are both fun places, set up by two juggernaughts of the amusement and tourism industries here in australia. To get a more in depth comparison of the two parks, it could be helpful if you could tell us a bit more about the group that you are going with. Are they all adults and teens? do you have younger kids, infants or toddlers? Does Mum prefer to relax in the sun or is she a thrill junkie too? Give us a run down of the agegroups you have with you, and their preferences thrill \ relax \ enjoy, and we might be able to make the decision easier (for example if mum likes to relax in the sun, or has an infant not yet swimming, Wet N Wild might suit better because of the lazy river, and the other kids entertainment areas)

I can basically sum everything up with a list, i have higlighted what I feel to be the winner in each case. Tickets WWW-$42 WnW-$45 Flat water attractions WWW- Cave of Waves WnW- Wave Pool, Whirlpool, Calypso Beach (lazy river) 2 Person Raft Slides WWW - Temple of Huey (3 Slides) WnW - Speedcoaster, Terror Canyon 1, Terror Canyon 2, Black Hole (2 Slides), Sidewinders (2 Slides) Racers WWW - BRO (8 lanes, with the first part of each slide being a fast dark spiral) WnW- Super 8 (8 open air lanes, with an electronic timing system) Kids WWW -Pipeline Plunge (Huge play structure with 7 Slides), Wiggle Bay (kids pool with water toys and 4 small slides) WnW- Bucaneer Bay (Medium sized play structure with 4 slides, plus large pool area) Multi Person Raft Slides WWW- None WnW - Mammoth Falls (up to 6 peope ride in a big round raft down a 4.5m wide waterslide, with lots of sloshing up the walls on the turns) Bowl Slides WWW- Little Rippers (2 slides ridden in one or two man rafts) The Rip (A huge bowl ridden in a 4 man raft) Both of these slides are like giant toilet bowls, it starts off like a normal slide, but you merge into a huge bowl, and you spiral around the inside, eventually losing momentum and being washed out a hole in the bottom. WnW- None Launched Rides WWW - Supertubes Hydro Coaster (Medium paced waterslide with uphill sections, the rafts have metal sewn in the base, and electromagnets force the raft uphill on the upward section) WnW - Surfrider (Like a roller coaster, the track is a giant U, riders sit on an outward facing ring of seats, the ring is on a surfboard, and the surfboard goes up and down the U, and you get sprayed with water) Tornado Slides WWW- The green room (slightly better than the WnW version, this one has a dark tunnel at the start, and a raft lift, so no carrying is needed, that said both rides are pretty much identical, dont let this be a deciding factor) WnW - Tornado Other Attractions WWW - None WnW - Twister (high speed enclosed body slide) Mach 5 ( high speed plunge body slide) River Rapids (2 open air & 2 enclosed 'normal' slides) The only truly unique rides at WWW are Supetubes Hydrocoaster, the Rip and Little Rippers. Supertubes is very overated, its sole gimmick is the uphill sections, but the novelty wears off fairly quickly...going uphill isn't nearly as interesting as it sounds. The Rip (and the little rippers) are worthwhile attractions. Outside of that, both parks have comparable rides, but WnW covers a few more areas that WWW simply doesn't have rides for, such as mammoth falls, surfrider, mach 5, twister etc Since you said you are a first timer than wnw is probably the better option, it just has so much more to do at the present time, and since you are a first timer i imagine both parks would be novel anyway. If you had the time/spare cash, try and visit both, they are both great parks, but WnW is just a bit of a juggernaut so it wins out as the better park for me.

Edited by Gazza

DIVE'N'MOVIES RETURN FOR SUMMER! Why not turn a day at Wet'n'Wild into a night out at the movies. Catch the hottest latest-release movies while floating on a tube in the Giant Wave Pool or lounging on a deckchair. Dive'n'Movies provide the most amazing outdoor cinema experience with a giant 15 x 10 metre screen and an awesome surround sound system. Dive'n'Movies are included in the normal admission price and screen every Saturday night from Saturday 22 September until April and every night from 27 December until 25 January. Dive in movie schedule EDIT : Yes skeetafly another "copy and paste"

Edited by dreamworld_rulz

• 2 months later...
IBowl Slides WWW- Little Rippers (2 slides ridden in one or two man rafts) The Rip (A huge bowl ridden in a 4 man raft) Both of these slides are like giant toilet bowls, it starts off like a normal slide, but you merge into a huge bowl, and you spiral around the inside, eventually losing momentum and being washed out a hole in the bottom. WnW- None WnW does have a bowl ride

A tornado is a tornado, not a bowl: http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/AU/Gold_Coas...le_Rippers.html PS, I already acknowledged that both parks had Tornado slides:

Tornado Slides WWW- The green room (slightly better than the WnW version, this one has a dark tunnel at the start, and a raft lift, so no carrying is needed, that said both rides are pretty much identical, dont let this be a deciding factor) WnW - Tornado
Edited by Gazza