Stage 3 is go go go

New display name

Good stuff Gazza. I have also put together an idea of what I was thinking might work. It is not to scale as I was just playing around so Gazza you might be able to give a better indication of whether the positioning would be feasible and whether it would all fit in. I have created 2 variations, one is smaller to give the entire layout... post-68-1263163023_thumb.jpg post-68-1263163070_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<Cry> I wanted the Turbo Tunnel! Why even bother with this. There will be four of these going in at WnW, so the queue will move 4 times faster down there. I do love how WWW's is going to just be whacked right down the middle of a deck area :rolleyes: Thanks for the find Skeetafly by the way.

Edited by Gazza

That location is pretty much where I proposed a turbo tunnel and speed slide might go (refer to my image in one of the posts above). What a shame we are getting neither of those and only ONE slide to boot. But anyway... how very, very depressing. Bad choice for WWW in so many ways

Edited by GoGoBoy

I'd love to know where all this info and designs are coming from? Are they on a publicly accessible site or is all this supposed to be secret? All I can say is I hope Dreamworld are planning to introduce a MAJOR new ride this year (in addition to the big 6 upgrade) to make up for this fairly minor addition to WWW

Edited by GoGoBoy

Haha I agree Gazza! This changes things completely. Well at least this has livened up the forums a bit. I now think this will be a worthwhile addition to WWW and at least it won't be a replica of the looping slides WnW are installing. It is also a style of slide WWW currently lacks. My only disappointment is that they only appear to be putting one in. An open or partially open speed slide (possibly with a hump or 2) would have gone very nicely next to it (as we were discussing further up this thread). Still, maybe this can come later? I also see this as being quite a cheap addition for WWW which would make sense if they are adding some big things to Dreamworld this year (fingers crossed!)

Edited by GoGoBoy

Just studying the schematic a bit more it looks like it has some sort of weird entry... notice the block section at the start? So maybe they are planning a trap door style entry similar to the aqua loops. Now I am confused... is this a turbo tunnel or some kind of aqua loop hybrid? I also notice it appears part of the slide will loop over and then under the Hydrocoaster

I'd love to know where all this info and designs are coming from? Are they on a publicly accessible site or is all this supposed to be secret?
The plans are coming from the GCCC's Development Application Tracking website. The ride was lodged as part of this WWW Application. The plans for the SuperLoop are available here. (If something comes up asking you to accept click accept and then click on these links again and it should work ;) ). Judging by the height listed in the application it will most likely launch from the Hydrocoaster platform. It will definitely 'loop' under the Hydrocoaster. post-2117-1266313879_thumb.png Just on the major expansion this has appeared on WWW's Facebook a month ago.
Post #1 Jason wrote on December 18, 2009 at 6:02am Now that there is rumors of Wet N Wild getting an 'Aqualoop', will this get stage 2 of WWW in motion or is it staying on hold? Post #2 Whitewater World Australia wrote on January 14, 2010 at 9:34pm ahhh...always with the hard questions Jason! Id love to say what Warners do doesnt affect us but id be lieing. Stage 2 is big and a very costly exercise. With warners dropping prices and us following on ocassions it hard to justify the expense at this current time. But then again im not in charge, so we can only wait and see. Saying that im all for an expansion!
As much as I want the major expansion to happen, I doubt it will within the next two years. When they do they probably will launch each attraction a year apart. Its already been 3 years since the development application was submitted - how much longer will they wait?

Just a couple of things. Firstly about the Stage 2 expansion. I do believe this is still happening, but just going through the normal processes of a large construction job. The park has already had proslide do the planning for the new area as we have all seen the plans on this site. This alone requires some money to be outlaid for survey works to be done just to get the plans correct. It has now passed through council as of December of last year, only two months ago. So now the park will be ready to send out tenders for companies to do the work or something of that nature. The park knows what it wants to pay to do the work, but finding a company to meet that figure is the hard part, this is something I now get to deal with on a weekly basis and there is a lot of effort to cut prices to meet the customers requests. That been said, I think the first sign that the new area will be starting construction soon will be the closure of the Gravatron ride as the plans show the tower to be in that area. It might not be for more than 12-18 months still, but as we have found in the past with our local parks, only time will tell. Just something that I noticed on the above links, the plans for the superloop from Proslide are dated the 2nd of December. Can someone tell me when it was released that WnW would be getting the looping slide instead of WWW as I thought I read it was middle of December. That would mean that WWW had no plans to get a slide another company apart from Proslide? Food for thought...

I think the first sign that the new area will be starting construction soon will be the closure of the Gravatron ride as the plans show the tower to be in that area.
The Vortex (Gravatron as you called it) closed about this time last year to make way for AVPX. If it's a tower, hopefully it will just be located on top of the existing building as it would be sad to see AVPX go. Attached is a recent image showing the AVPX building and tent. Also the article Wet'n'Wild goes upside down to find new attraction was dated 14th December so this could have been the original plan. post-2117-1266722562_thumb.png

It was definitely going to WhiteWater World at one point. White Water West were advertising that Village Roadshow has purchased four of the looping slide at IAAPA in mid-November and I'd expect all the papers were signed months before then and so WhiteWater World were finagled out of the ride months before the dates on the ProSlide plans. Naturally, the info took a while to trickle down to us.

Another quick question....how long ago did they stop using the old Thunderbolt area for a car park. I went past the parks this morning on the way down to the coast and did the normal drive by and noticed no cars in that area, but a lot of what i guess is the insides of the Vortex ride. Also down in the new maintenance (I think that is what it is) shed, I did notice some red track looking items, however this could also be safety rails due to the way they were stacked. Didn't have the camera with me but will remember to take it next trip. Any ideas on this? EDIT: After comparing the above photo and the plan from the GCCC web site, it looks like the splash pool for the new tower is right where the AVP building is now placed. The tower for the rids seems to sit to the right of the gate between both the parks as you look at the plan. Will be nice to see some construction happening again on the coast even if it is only for the water parks.

Edited by thunder001

So does that mean they are going to have to change the stage 2 expansion plans if/when they go ahead? I find it pretty disappointing that they would build a laser arena in an area that was set aside for a significant and much needed expansion of WhiteWater World. They already lost what remaining space was left with the addition of the Shell events venue. I also thought there could have been more opportunities for park cross-promotions having part of the new slides almost going over part of Dreamworld. Guess that idea was scrapped when they built the AVPX shed

Edited by GoGoBoy

Ok, someone help me out here. I have not been to the park since the AVPX attraction was build. Is this building made out of pre-poured concrete or a steel frame building, cause either way i can't see a building of that size costing millions. Maybe the tech inside the building would have, but not the building itself. With that in mind, what is to stop them from moving this to another building within the park as part of their long term plans. While I do doubt my own question on this, I remember the TOT entrance being moved only a couple of years after it was first opened to allow room for the new nick kids area. However, this is only an opinion and once again, only time will tell. Gogo....the plans for the expansion shows the events shed already built and allow for it's location. After checking the photo (thanks again to Themeparkgc for that) and the plans that we have all seen, it seems the slash pool for the mammoth rides would be in the area of the entry to the AVPX build and the rest seem to be out of the way. Could this be what the park had planned all along, as it is easier to move the entrance than the entire building...but then, why not do this at the start....damn my head is starting to hurt.

Interesting post thunder. I had a look at the original expansion plans again and you are right about the Shell events venue already being included. I think they wanted the AVPX where it is because it fits in with this lame 'Adrenalin Alley' concept they came up with. Basically they were hoping they could use AVPX, V8 cars, Flowrider and Cyclone as some sort of after dark events area. I suppose another option would be to reconfigure the proposed mammoth and tornado alley slides and tower. Shouldn't be too hard I would think. But space is certainly more limited now. Do you think they planned to move the maintenance sheds as part of this expansion? From looking at the plans it looks like they were going to do this but I'm not totally sure