Stage 3 is go go go

New display name

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

The temporary fence around the Green Room and Hydrocoaster is for Maintenance while the fence that you can see towards the back of Tiger Island and Flowrider near the Engineering Shed has been there for almost a year and is used to keep staff from parking over the access road that runs down to the back of the park.

The temporary fence around the Green Room and Hydrocoaster is for Maintenance while the fence that you can see towards the back of Tiger Island and Flowrider near the Engineering Shed has been there for almost a year and is used to keep staff from parking over the access road that runs down to the back of the park.
Well there wasn't a fence arount TGR and STHC and this fence was not the one at the enginering shed.

• 2 months later...
It was from TPRs IAPPA updates. So basically, we're getting something from Whitewater West, somewhere in Australia in 2010.
I wouldn't take that for granted. If we (Australia) were, I'm sure the photo would of included Australia. I think you will find the pamphlet was strategically placed for a reason. Perhaps the place who was expecting to get the slide has been undersold rudely by another park on the Gold Coast and the information on the sign is now incorrect.

If the pamphlet was strategically placed, it would cover it entirely, not leave a hint of australia to fuel rumor. Also, it wouldn't be a pamphlet that is handheld hovering in front, more likely it would be taped over to hide the unwanted information while still displaying that which is relevant - i think it more likely that the photographer wanted to include both elements in the photo, and as Australia wasn't high on TPR's list, it didn't matter if that got cut off so long as they got the rest. I'm not saying you're wrong as far as the underselling or whatever, i'm just saying that pamphlet isn't there specifically to hide the australian entry, otherwise it would do a much better job, and perhaps the information on the sign IS incorrect, but wasn't at the time of shooting?

Perhaps the place who was expecting to get the slide has been undersold rudely by another park on the Gold Coast and the information on the sign is now incorrect.
What are you trying to say? That WWW was planning on building an AquaLoop, but then WnW made plans to build one ( :huh: ) And WWW was so upset at being undersold that they chucked a tantrum, and went home taking the ball with them? Edited by Gazza

Perhaps the place who was expecting to get the slide has been undersold rudely by another park on the Gold Coast and the information on the sign is now incorrect.
You think it's rude for one business to develop a strategy to outperform their competition? Undiscounted theme park pricing in Australia has become excessive; that's a fact. As a result of the increased competition from WhiteWater World's addition, we will continue to see substantial discounting offered. We predicted that on this website before WhiteWater World even opened; why didn't its management do the same?

you would then think that the manufacturer would like to continue to sell the attraction to another park
Well yeah, I mean manufacturers are a buisness, and the idea is to make as many sales as possible...How else did we end up with two Tornado slides within 4km of each other. Anyway, Robb posted this on TPR:
Ok, so I just wanted to put this out there... I don't remember what water park in Australia is getting the looping water slide and I didn't pick up the pamphlet (we didn't really collect much IAAPA stuff this year to be honest...too much stuff to carry already!) I want to say that I *think* it said something about "Village Roadshow" but I really don't know what that means or if that's even correct. Sorry to all the Aussies for not paying closer attention and after receiving about 10 emails asking the same thing, I guess I should have looked closer. --Robb
Lets see how much of a nerd I can be, and simulate what was behind the sign to see if the words match: post-88-1258713304_thumb.jpg Could well be true. Hmm, since when was it the job of manufacturers to go announcing stuff before the park does though :blush: