Jamberoo on Getaway

dreamworld_rulz

That was a really poor segment. Although I'm always glad to see features on theme parks I have to say this one was below standard. Way too short and just plain weird with the random songs and that singing boy. And the presenter really annoyed me. Oh and those kids were terrible! Why can't they find kids with at least a fragment of personality? Rather than trying to be clever with it all (and failing) Getaway should have just presented the rides in detail and it would have been very effective. The Taipan looked good although the final splashdown when the tubes come out at the bottom seems a bit anticlimactic. Doesn't look great on camera when the tubes just dribble out into the splashpool. I think ProSlide need to work on their endings ;)

^Somehow, I think that is something they do on purpose, perhaps so rafts dont skim out at high speed across the pool. On some of their rides they even seem to dump water in at the last part: 13-raging_rapids_5-lg.jpg Have to say though, it looks like a nicely presented park, it looks as nice as the GC ones, I think what they need to do though is bulk up their offerings a bit, I have noticed a couple of new additions seem to be a new rapid river and a second billabong beach, personally before duplicating their rides like this I would get back to basics, and maybe put in a few 2 man raft slides, better body slides etc.

Edited by Gazza

DAMN!! I forgot to watch it. However, Getaway usually puts the segments of their shows on their internet website! They haven't put it up yet, but as I was looking for the segement I found another video of Mick Doohan's Moto-Coaster. Here is the website, GETAWAY VIDEO ARCHIVE It looks like Jules is riding it with Mick Doohan, which is what is in the picture. Just thought that it somebody would like a link, lol! :P CoAsTeRbOy8

Edited by Coaster Boy 8

^They are: See http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/park.php?pid=14 From memory they are building another rapid river (and some of the slides will feed into it) and they are also building a kids area 5 times the size of the current one. Great for improving capacity at the park, not so good at bulking up the line-up and providing variety. Edit: The new river is depicted here: http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/in...post&id=923

Edited by Gazza

If you'll note Gazza, that image was provided by me. I have spoken to the guys at Jamberoo and as I said, from memory, the plans were to install the new river and billabong to open the park up to further expansion in the old billabong and river area. I'll get back to you with the info I have, once i've had an opportunity - its all on my old laptop.

Gazza, they're not duplicating their rides. From memory they are building the new before removing the old to build more new. i'll have to check the plans, but i'm pretty sure this is the case.
I'm sure that can't be right Alex because Billabong Beach and the Rapid River are still newish attractions. They were only built a couple of years ago. I agree with Gazza - no need to duplicate these already high capacity rides