Wet 'n' Wild Trip

steve123

Well... when I went there last year we did the H20 zone first and did tornado... But since the surfrider is there I would expect that what would be your best shot. If you have the chance go to WnW when the dive in movies are on. Not to watch the movie of course but to simply jump on rides and re ride all of them. My sisters and I did the tornado about 11 times that night, 7 times for black hole, too many times on the MACH 5 and all the other night constantly as well. It was a good night, we went 3 days later in the park and ended up staying 45 minutes... it was simply just to busy.

Trip Report Time! Got there around 9:45 as the website stated that the park opens at 10, there were allready open when we got there. For about the first hour we just walked straight onto rides as there were little to no lines. First ride was the Mamoth Falls, we did that twice without any line (throught the day it hardly and line, probably a 2-5 min wait). Decided to head over to H20 Zone as the lines were small. Went on Mach 5 a couple of times. The only problem with this ride is there is only one set of small stairs for both the raft slide and the body slides, we got a couple of dirty looks from people as they thought we were trying to cut the line, but they eventually realised we were heading up to the next level. Noticed that the lines for the Surfrider were huge for this early in the day so decided to wait a bit. We made our way over to Terror Canyon as the lines were small, about 5 min wait and a 10-15 min wait at the top. I noticed that the Fake Mountain/Volcano had been replaced by a wooden shack. I don't understand how that fits in with the terror canyon theme. The next two people who went after us came down sliding behind the tube, they must have fallen out or something. Walked onto Super 8 racer for a few races. Nothing much to report there. Decided to go for a dip in the wave pool which was rather crowded. Had a quick snack break and then decided to brave the lines of the Surfrider. Was about a 30-45 min wait. It really picks up speed quickly and takes off!! Was a good ride but the actual ride wasn't very long at all, maybe a 1 min tops. They need to get more water shooters going as we hardly got wet at all which was a disapointment, But a good ride and a great new addition to the park. By now the lines for the Tornado and Black hole had increased considerably, kind of regret not going on them earlier in the day. Lunch for about 30 min. Another ride on Mammoth. Then gave into the temptation of the Black hole as the Tornado looked kinda boring. Bout a 30 min wait for Black Hole, was a good ride. About 1pm now, park was quite full. Was time for another dip in the Wave pool again. One more ride on mammoth later and decided to start getting ready to head off. As lines for most of the rides (except mammoth) were huge. Overall: Good h20 zone takes large numbers of people away from main part of the park. New rides are good Bad Some parts of park look old and worn Mountain gone at top of Terror Canyon In conclusion it was a good day with some quality tail! (Those girls promoting h20 radio, Damm!)

So you didn't go on Tornado? In doing so you probably missed the best slide in the park, I have heard it described as boring before (Coincidentally by somebody who passed up riding it too) but It really is a great ride, lots of airtime and very wet. ShadowxL had the right Idea, you should have done all the Extreme H20 stuff with Surfrider first as they are popular...Mammoth and Super 8 are things you should do later in the day because they have huge capacites so the lines seem to get bad.

Edited by Gazza

Tornado is a pretty cool ride but IMO it's not as good as WWW. Do they have the splash cash working? Every time i go to WnW it's never working. H2O is awesome esp the black hole. The only ride i didn't do was the speed slide. I seen this kid get airborne and totally put me off. I thought he was gonna fly over the wall. I'm thinking of going to Wnw even though i have WWW pass. Did you do calypso beach? Anyway thanks for the TR and glad you had a great time.

Tornado is a pretty cool ride but IMO it's not as good as WWW
Though the point I was making was that Tornado is the best slide at WnW...not the best one at all water parks here.
I saw this kid get airborne and totally put me off. thought he was gonna fly over the wall.
The speed slide sides of Mach 5 are the better ones, definite the ones you want to try at some point, during my last vist I gave them quite a few goes given I was at the park solo and they were walk ons all day/ I wouldn't be worried about flying off the edge, you are a fully grown adult so you wouldn't get the air like some kid, and hey I thought we were theme park nuts here, we aren't supposed to worry about flying off the edge or wheels falling off or saftey bars coming open or whatever ;) The slides would follow a parabolic curve, hence that feeling of weightlessness and slight amount of being airborne (you wouldn't be more than a couple of cm off the slide surface. Basically what a parabolic curve means is that the slide is following the same curve as projectile would be if it were thrown horizontally off the tower....you could take away the middle sections of the slide where you are airborne and technically you would still make it to the end.
I'm thinking of going to Wnw even though i have WWW pass.
Go for it, purely just so you can clock up a ride or three on surfrider...hey you've gotta do it eventually. Plus there are the new "River Rapids" slides that replaced white water mountain to try.

Though the point I was making was that Tornado is the best slide at WnW...not the best one at all water parks here. The speed slide sides of Mach 5 are the better ones, definite the ones you want to try at some point, during my last vist I gave them quite a few goes given I was at the park solo and they were walk ons all day/ I wouldn't be worried about flying off the edge, you are a fully grown adult so you wouldn't get the air like some kid, and hey I thought we were theme park nuts here, we aren't supposed to worry about flying off the edge or wheels falling off or saftey bars coming open or whatever ;) The slides would follow a parabolic curve, hence that feeling of weightlessness and slight amount of being airborne (you wouldn't be more than a couple of cm off the slide surface. Basically what a parabolic curve means is that the slide is following the same curve as projectile would be if it were thrown horizontally off the tower....you could take away the middle sections of the slide where you are airborne and technically you would still make it to the end. Go for it, purely just so you can clock up a ride or three on surfrider...hey you've gotta do it eventually. Plus there are the new "River Rapids" slides that replaced white water mountain to try.
I think that we have established that i Do worry about those things, dunno must be common sense ;D And as for the slide at mach 5, i dont find it very safe makes me have nightmares (not literally)

Sounds like a fun day. I always love WnW... its a fun park... when its not packed off course. Shame you didn't get on the tornado. I love the mach 5... although I must admit the 3 middle slides do give you massive welts on your shoulder blades. I only got to ride the black hole once... but it was great!

• 2 weeks later...

to the person who said splash cash wasnt working, they should always be working now, they run the lockers to so no splash cash = no lockers = big complaining day from guests to staff haha. The only thing that seems to stuff up is the ride photography scanners on the top of the ride, so if your after photos make sure you get the time you ride the slide.

Edited by ShadowXL

i was there last friday. It was pretty packed. Couldnt even b bothered queing for surfrider or tornado it was that busy. But i suppose its busier in the holidays, cause i thought it wasnt holidays yet for them up there, cause i finished school on thw wednesday of last week, but the rest of syd finishes later, so i dunno if it was QLD holidays then or not? Any1 know?

Skipping Tornado seems to be a common thing for a lot of visitors....how full was that circular queuing area? (The bit where you wait to pick up a raft) Once you get through that things get faster, from memory to get through the whole part of the queue that goes up the stairs takes under 10 minutes. No matter what the queue, I think this ride warrants at least one ride on your visit...I cant stress enough that people should go straight to the H20 Zone and go on Surfrider and Tornado first. Though at the same time, this highlights the need for WnW to keep on doing big expansions like the H20 zone simply to keep up with demand.

Edited by Gazza

Skipping Tornado seems to be a common thing for a lot of visitors....how full was that circular queuing area? (The bit where you wait to pick up a raft) Once you get through that things get faster, from memory to get through the whole part of the queue that goes up the stairs takes under 10 minutes. No matter what the queue, I think this ride warrants at least one ride on your visit...I cant stress enough that people should go straight to the H20 Zone and go on Surfrider and Tornado first. Though at the same time, this highlights the need for WnW to keep on doing big expansions like the H20 zone simply to keep up with demand.
Have to agree there. also if your going to WnW on the Surfside bus get there at about 9-9:15 that way you'll be close to the entry gate and you won't have to wait a while for a ride.