My day at Dreamworld on Saturday

Last time I had been to any of the theme parks at the Gold Coast was about 6 years ago. At the time, i was too young to go on any of the big rides(i was 10). So i really was excited about going back to the park. Tower of Terror and The Claw were the top rides in my opinion there. But i was disappointed in some of the rides there. The new ride Mick Doohans MotoCoaster, i thought could of been longer and the ride went very slow in the later part of it. i also found it very uncomfortble when sitting in the seats. I also thought, being such a "Thrill Park" that the rollar coaster would of been huge. I found the cyclone not very fast and not exciting. Although i had been on superman, lethal weapon, and corkscrew days before, maybe it didnt compare to these. The log ride and the rapid ride also lacked something. i thought a drop could of been put into the rapids, like the one in California adventure in USA, if anyone has been on it. The log ride seemed unexciting, nothing happens in the ride, no music or actions happen. the drop is the only thing people go on it for. Overall, Dreamworld is a top park, and i dont mean to whinge about these things, the rides were still good, but just those minor things. Just wondering what other peoples thoughts were on these 4 rides?

You have pretty much hit the nail on the head with your assesments of them, you aren't really whingeing. The log ride obviously could be improved with effects or whatever. Motocoaster, well lets not go there, just a plain stinker of a ride. The Rapids i dont have any problems with, but it could do with some fountains so it is somewhat wet....A drop like on Grizzly River Run at California Adventure is a bit out of the question since the Dreamworld ride was built back in 1986, and drops hadn't been developed yet for rapids, and building one now would require too much effort. Cyclone is an average ride, its not terrible, but the park relies to heavily on it as its flagship thrill coaster. A park with the attendance that DW gets shouldn't rely on just one big coaster. What were your thoughts on the other parks on your trip?

Well, as u know from the other SW forum, i didnt particulary like SW, though the Corkscrew was a good ride. Movie World was awsume, Superman Escape blew me away!! That 0 to 100km in 2 seconds was unbelievable. I know it was made in such a small area, but the length of the ride could of been longer.Lethall Weapon was absolutly awsume!!! A great ride that one, also the Spooky Coaster was fantastic. MW's rollar coasters have gone to another level. I thought the batman spaceshot was alright, although i was disappointed with the batman adventure ride. lm not sure if u remember but when i was there last time, the ride was set in the streets of gotham and u went around in batmans car. i didnt really like the ride this time. Wild West Falls was pretty good. i really like those water rides. Police academy was good, but its starting to get abit old although its still very popular. Shrek 4D was great. i had seen it before in Japan Universal Studio's but i couldnt understand the language!! lol. The effects they are putting into shows now is unbelievable and its shown in Shrek 4D. Overall, MW has a great atmosphere with its rides based on movies and such, and although its for little kids, it has the characters like shrek and bugs bunny for kids to see, not like dreamworld which isnt based on anything like that. unlike the other parks, it was my first time to Wet n Wild, and i must say, its unbelievable!! I had a ball of a time there. But i never got to go on the surfrider or the tornado cause of the lines, but the size of the slides r huge! I loved the aqua racer. it was war between me and my bro on who would win! lol. i also loved the black hole. That was really good. Those 2 slides were my favourite. Id hate to see that place in the holidays cause it was packed when i was there, which was on friday.

Are you planning on doing WWW? Also you would be better off having a TR thread instead of multiple threads as you'll save yourself some typing. :) Wet n wild is ok but not good with your feet on a hot day. Sorry you missed out on Tornado and Surfrider. The Tornado is a pretty cool ride it's worth the wait. I'm planning on going to WnW in 2 weeks. I haven't been since the Tornado was opened.

Edited by dreamworld_rulz

Was it because you had to pay extra for it? I've got a Platinum pass for DW and WWW which expires in Feb. WWW is pretty cool. It's way smaller than WnW but the rides are just awesome. It took a few days to get my 1st ride on the hydro coaster as every time i lined up it broke down. It's a good ride but it's short as with all of our rides.

Edited by dreamworld_rulz