AMF Bowling Confirmed for Dreamworld

dodge53

• 3 months later...

ok i am a ten pin bowler. goin to nationals in 3 weeks in brisbane, so i will spill all the goss the closest bowl to dreamworld as far as i know is the one in the heart of surfers. yes macquarie owns AMF, thus the riddiculous prices when you go bowling. there definately is a market for bowling there, that area is expanding quite alot and its location between gold coast and brisbane is definately viable. a 24 lane bowling alley takes around 6 months or so to build. however what ive been told is that this thing is wayyy bigger than 24 lanes... rumours only tho. and also that it will be run by AMF and be able to be accessed seperately to dreamworld. a few other rumours that went around were that they wanted to make it the 'australian bowling stadium' that wont happen.... but rumours wre floating round about having australian nationals there... who knows with that one. any other questions feel free to ask.

For bowling enthusiasts, this is great news I'm sure but a Bowling Alley has no place in a Theme Park. You mentioned that it would be accessable from both inside and outside the Park? I hope it's planned for the outside. Really what are DW Park management thinking? Hopefully about sacking the CEO but I doubt it

Well one assumes that a big decision like this wouldn't come from park managment, rather the park's owners. Remember, the Guys that manage & run Dreamworld & WWW aren't the same managment team that run AMF Bowling Centres. I am guessing this is more of a case that the Macquarie Big heads made the decision, and won't take no for an answer.

T bone is right. this decision came straight from Macquarie leisure. its all to do with this mass entertainment precinct they want to put in up around dreamworld... realisticly this isnt that great a thing for the pro bowlers in australia. my guess is that this centre wont have anything to do with league and tournaments. they will prob make it just for social bowlers to go and bowl at. i must say that it would be great if they did hold tournaments there. would mean that people in the park would be able to see australias best bowl, and we could all go to the park after.

Guest jake-train

o rite i found a good topic well first: i work at AMF Blowing, Frankston i'm a party host lol and i no shayne the head manager of AMF Blowing and he's been coming in to my work alot because we are going to be starting a whole new section of lanes so next time he comes in if u would like me to, i could ask him this stuff about dreamworld and did you known i get 50% dreamworld and white,water,world tickets how cool is that B) .......