Sign in to follow this  
JD_bunnies_supporter

Thrillville Off the Rails Game

8 posts in this topic

It's a fair jump above the quality of the first game (which was fun anyway). I like the Whoa! components like the stunt jumps etc ... the makers have embraced the fact that physics plays no part in this particular franchise so have gone all out. While I would have preferred more carnival style midway games instead of arcade ones, it's a solid game that you can also pick up cheaply - $50 or even $40 in some places. And that was the price from the start, it hasn't come down from not selling. Coasters and everything are easily constructed. The controls are really good and the different themes are amazing. Missions and guest interaction are fun - not so much the conversations but challenging people etc. I have it on PSP and love its portability but getting a new computer in the next couple of days so will probably get it on PC. Don't expect Rollercoaster Tycoon but if you're looking for an arcade style game set in a theme park, you'll like it.

Edited by Tony Teulan

I have played the demo on the XBOX 360 and found it alright. Easy to control and do things, looks alright, but as mentioned above it is nothing like RCT, more of an "arcade" based game. I would probably hire it before buying, most good video hire stores will have it on Wii/360/PS2.

My brother purchased it for the Nintendo DS. It is alright, but it was aimed at a lower audience than the RCT series did. I would actually like to see RCT2 ported over to the DS, it's a game that the DS could handle, and would probably work really well on the DS platform.

I bought it on DS and frankly, that's the crappiest format. I have wanted to see RCT2 ported onto DS for a long time. Theme Park has been done though and is around $50...pretty good value, they've done a nice job.

i have it on wii and i enjoy it you will have alot of fun with it but i wish it had a few more levels to it but you can all was go back and knock stuff down and start again.

I would actually like to see RCT2 ported over to the DS, it's a game that the DS could handle, and would probably work really well on the DS platform.
I'd say its definitely possible, someone ported Transport Tycoon Deluxe to run on the DS... (Unofficial) I doubt you'd see any big names releasing it, but in terms of homebrew games it could be done.