Which one?

sonic123488

I own a 360 and a Wii and will summarise the points below XBOX 360 Good - - Cheapish price - Great games catalogue including backwards compatibility with XBOX games - Live service is a breeze to use and worth the subscription cost - HD movie playback optional - Warranty now at I think 3 years standard - Customer service is great for when you do experience problems - Able to connect to a Windows PC with Windows Media Player 11/Windows Media Center and stream videos, music, photos and TV (with Media Center) directly to the 360 - Easy for developers to do games for due to extensive tools and support Bad - Heat (apparently the new ones are better) - Hardware failure rate somewhat high (also addressed in newer consoles) Wii Good - - Cheap - Easy to use Bad - Not many games and a number of bad games - No online play for most games There are probably more points about them but they are the ones I am able to think of at the moment, cannot really say about the PS3 as I do not have one and have not played one.

Edited by pin142

Aww your forgetting the best one. PS3... blue ray standard... higher and more advanced processors which people are using for hacking, has a more modern and chic looking case, controllers are lighter than xbox 360 controllers, better graphics than the 360 (imo that is)... and that playstation has always kicked xbox butt lol.

Aww your forgetting the best one. PS3... blue ray standard... higher and more advanced processors which people are using for hacking, has a more modern and chic looking case, controllers are lighter than xbox 360 controllers, better graphics than the 360 (imo that is)... and that playstation has always kicked xbox butt lol.
Any chance of seeing a list similiar to mine about the good/bad things? From a non owners point it would be interesting to see what you think the good and bad things are.

I wouldn't get Ps3 for a few years, just because it has a technology in it that might not even stay (Blu ray) and there are like no decent games on it. Its still expensive (even at $699) with no backwards compatability and the controllers don't even have any dual shock and lighter controllers don't mean better, they mean that they feel cheap where as xbox's controller has just the right weight. I would go with Xbox 360... I love my xbox and there are heaps of games available.

Edited by aidan

Aww your forgetting the best one. PS3
How can he be 'forgetting' it if he doesn't own one? Anyway, I just own a Wii, and my thoughts on it are here: http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/in...ost&p=38868 Personally, I think people are better off if they get a Wii60 rather than a PS3, virtually the same price, but the first option gives a greater variety of experiences and better value. Edited by Gazza

I know what your saying about the blue ray Aidan but the thing is.. not everyone is going to use the consol for gaming. PS3 is and will be popular just the ps1 and ps2 was so they are always going to be making blue ray ps3 games. I don't own a PS3 yet (although I do Xbox 360) but I have played the PS3 numerous times. Like I said, I find the PS3 IMO the better gaming console and a more comfortable controller to grip. I also think the buttons are most accessible. I do currently have a ceramic white ps3 coming for my birthday... and only bought it cheap. I must admit you WOULD have to be stupid to pay 700 for only a 40 gig black when I payed only 450 (570 with postage) for a an 80 gig white (only out in japan atm) PS3 with bonus controller and game. I know when I get all this stuff for my room (the tv, ceiling speakers and all that) that I won't be using the PS3 as a DVD plater but just for gaming, serving the net and using ORB. I will just be using a normal DIVX dvd player/recorder until I know for sure if Blue Ray or HDDVD will be used. HDDDVD or BlueRay is different throughout the globe. The UK sells more BlueRay discs at roughly 71% more than HDDVD.

Xbox 360 is better because of the range of games, Non-laggy fast processors, a trio-core processor with 3.2ghz per processer with a 500mhz ati radeon custom graphics card. PS3 is worst because it has a little selection of games, it has a better graphics processor though. I predict Bluray wont make it and HDDVD will take over, so i hope that PS3 includes HDDVD Playback, not just bluray

Edited by PixelPushed

I know what your saying about the blue ray Aidan but the thing is.. not everyone is going to use the consol for gaming. PS3 is and will be popular just the ps1 and ps2 was so they are always going to be making blue ray ps3 games. I don't own a PS3 yet (although I do Xbox 360) but I have played the PS3 numerous times. Like I said, I find the PS3 IMO the better gaming console and a more comfortable controller to grip. I also think the buttons are most accessible. I do currently have a ceramic white ps3 coming for my birthday... and only bought it cheap. I must admit you WOULD have to be stupid to pay 700 for only a 40 gig black when I payed only 450 (570 with postage) for a an 80 gig white (only out in japan atm) PS3 with bonus controller and game. I know when I get all this stuff for my room (the tv, ceiling speakers and all that) that I won't be using the PS3 as a DVD plater but just for gaming, serving the net and using ORB. I will just be using a normal DIVX dvd player/recorder until I know for sure if Blue Ray or HDDVD will be used. HDDDVD or BlueRay is different throughout the globe. The UK sells more BlueRay discs at roughly 71% more than HDDVD.
It will probably be popular later in its life but no way at the moment, it is losing to the Wii and Xbox 360, there are hardly any games on the ps3 at the moment because they made the technology way too hard too work with for game developers, and the most thing I dont like about it is there is no dual shock, what the hell... why did they try to compete with Wii's motion sensing and add a cheapo motion sensing thing.
The UK sells more BlueRay discs at roughly 71% more than HDDVD.
True but the HD market everywhere at the moment is patheticly small, For me I dont see any victory of BR having that percentage, and did you know that HD DVD exclusive titles in Australia and America are available in Blu ray in Europe because of Different studios producing the disc? vice versa for Blu ray titles. I also agree with everything PixelPushed has said.

True but the HD market everywhere at the moment is patheticly small, For me I dont see any victory of BR having that percentage, and did you know that HD DVD exclusive titles in Australia and America are available in Blu ray in Europe because of Different studios producing the disc? vice versa for Blu ray titles. I also agree with everything PixelPushed has said.
I think there are some titles like Shrek 3 and Transformers that won't be appearing on Blu-ray. I think there are some Buena Vista released titles on HD DVD that can be obtained form the UK, but all Paramount titles are HD DVD exclusive. Having watched Transformers on DVD and HD DVD you can really tell the difference even on my 22" LCD. At least with HD DVD there is the option of importing movies into the country for playback unlike Blu-ray and it's region locking on movies. As for a winner, it is way too early to tell for both consoles and HD media. Although due to its wide appeal the Wii seems to be the winner for consoles with 360 second and Blu-ray play... I mean PS3 third. This time next year there should be a much better idea with the PS3 as hopefully they have released some exclusive games worth purchasing for it.

Yes Transformers is awesome on HD DVD and the difference is really obvious, im guessing you own a HD DVD player pin142. No region coding was a smart idea for Toshiba but not when lets say most Australian HD DVD owners are getting theirs from Amazon because they want the thin cases and they save money but BLU RAY owners are forced to buy locally which shows the edge in those stupid little statistics. This thread is getting abit off track but get the ps3 is you want to wait about a year for decent games and a dual shock controller or get an Xbox 360 and play great games now. Oh and while I was waiting for the storm too pass at wet'n'wild yesterday I overheard a life guard and a guest talking about hd dvd and blu ray so atleast some people know they exsist.

Edited by aidan

Ps3 is great for people who NEED Good graphics and very good quality movies, but i would expect some lag, as it does not compete with the IBM trio-processor in the 360. Might i add, you need a HD-TV to see the benefits for the Blu-ray and High definition gaming in the PS3 If you are a real big gaming nerd, you would get a xbox 360 because it has the greatest games out there, and the graphics are alot better than the Wii and ps2 put together

Edited by PixelPushed

If you are a real big gaming nerd, you would get a xbox 360 because it has the greatest games out there, and the graphics are alot better than the Wii and ps2 put together
Actually, I have an Xbox 360 and I don't consider myself a "real big gaming nerd". Mind you, I don't play it that often, but graphics aren't the only reason people buy these gaming consoles. I personally couldn't care less whether I was playing RCT3 on my shotty laptop or Top Spin Tennis on my Xbox 360. It's the fun of the game that most people would buy the console for. I think a narrow minded viewpoint on people who play computer games of the like is one of the reasons why we have judging and labeling in society. There are thousands of people - if not millions - out there like me who got an Xbox 360 for a rainy day, when they were bored or simply because they saw a TV advertisement. By the way PixelPushed, are you in a position to judge the three consoles if you don't own them all? Or are you simply a self confessed "real big gaming nerd" yourself?

One problem I am also noticing is that whilst graphics in a game are improving it seems the gameplay is somewhat decreasing. It is all good and fine to have a game that looks amazing but if it is boring to play what is the point. Wii Sports goes to show you don't need 1080p High Definition graphics for the game to be fun and enjoyable to play. There are some games that look as good as they play but most of the games are either looking good and average to play or look good but focus too much on multiplayer, Halo 3 is a fine example of looking good but geared too much towards multiplayer. I spend as much time playing the arcade games on the 360 as I do the new games. Games like Sonic 1 or 2 mightn't look great today but they are still fun to play and a offer a challenge that can take as long (if not longer) than a game like Halo 3 to complete single player.

Actually, I have an Xbox 360 and I don't consider myself a "real big gaming nerd". Mind you, I don't play it that often, but graphics aren't the only reason people buy these gaming consoles. I personally couldn't care less whether I was playing RCT3 on my shotty laptop or Top Spin Tennis on my Xbox 360. It's the fun of the game that most people would buy the console for. I think a narrow minded viewpoint on people who play computer games of the like is one of the reasons why we have judging and labeling in society. There are thousands of people - if not millions - out there like me who got an Xbox 360 for a rainy day, when they were bored or simply because they saw a TV advertisement. By the way PixelPushed, are you in a position to judge the three consoles if you don't own them all? Or are you simply a self confessed "real big gaming nerd" yourself?
Thats no the point i was getting at, I said if you like the Xbox 360 exclusive games and you are a gaming nerd you would like the 360 i didnt say that everyone was And yes im a gaming nerd :) After reading about 15 reviews on each console and some of the most famous games on each one i gathered the information to make judgements Who said i dont have friends who have the consoles, aswell Edited by PixelPushed

If you are a real big gaming nerd, you would get a xbox 360 ...
I rest my case. Reviews are biased a lot of the time. The fact is you can't really make an accurate judgment on which is better unless you have played them all to your lifestyle, yourself.

If you are a real big gaming nerd, you would get a xbox 360 because it has the greatest games out there
If you actually quote the whole sentence you would see that i wasnt saying everyone had to be a gaming nerd, and i wasnt judgign it on just the graphics, But why do they make new consoles if people just want good games? The purpose of new consoles is graphics. If it wasnt then they would just make a PS1 and bring out better games for the next 50 years

Well these are all good reasons, but I'm not finding out enough about the Wii to make a decision. Also I own a PS2, and my plan was to sell that to help pay for a PS3, because at the time it had backwards compatibility But since the 40 GB version(which isn't backward compatible) I haven't been sure, and I'm still not.

Edited by sonic123488

I know alot about the wii, 6 months before it even came out i was obsessed in it, when it came out i asked EVERYONE!!!!! And i played it at my friends house. Ok heres why people like it: The controls, Your using your own hand movements to control the screen, not buttons, so its more interactive and fun. Why they dont like it: The only reason why it is critized is because most of the games are really gay and boring, or only last a week before you get bored of it, or the games are just too childish, most of them without any violence. Some find the controls strange, being use to the dualshock controls of the Ps2 or Xbox. it takes time to get use to the controls If you dont care about game quality (like most of the games out now for it) and more about interaction with games, then get a Wii If you care about great long-lasting games with better graphics, get a Xbox 360 I gathered this information through the use of a years Nsider forums (now its closed down) With the Nintendo Wii, the games just dont compete with the xbox 360 at the moment, some of the best and long-lasting games out now are only avaible onthe 360 like halo 3 or gears of war.

Edited by PixelPushed

If you actually quote the whole sentence you would see that i wasnt saying everyone had to be a gaming nerd, and i wasnt judgign it on just the graphics, But why do they make new consoles if people just want good games? The purpose of new consoles is graphics. If it wasnt then they would just make a PS1 and bring out better games for the next 50 years
The purpose of the PS3 and 360 are for graphics, yes, but what about the Wii? It was designed to be a next step in the evolution of gaming, not to be as grapichally realistic as possible.
The only reason why it is critized is because most of the games are really gay and boring, or only last a week before you get bored of it, or the games are just too childish, most of them without any violence.
Why is it that every game must have some sort of violence in it? Yes, I will admit i do enjoy blowing up and shooting every living thing around me in GTA: San Andreas in my spare time, but this is not what makes games enjoyable. Most of the N64 games didnt have much violence in them at all, and they didnt exactly look realistic (compared to todays games), yet they were still some of the most memorable games i have every played. And about the Wii having no good games? How about Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and of course Super Mario Galaxy.

The purpose of the PS3 and 360 are for graphics, yes, but what about the Wii? It was designed to be a next step in the evolution of gaming, not to be as grapichally realistic as possible. Why is it that every game must have some sort of violence in it? Yes, I will admit i do enjoy blowing up and shooting every living thing around me in GTA: San Andreas in my spare time, but this is not what makes games enjoyable. Most of the N64 games didnt have much violence in them at all, and they didnt exactly look realistic (compared to todays games), yet they were still some of the most memorable games i have every played. And about the Wii having no good games? How about Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and of course Super Mario Galaxy.
But thats only one console out of like 7 consoles that actually made a new way of playing, like i said, you said games arent about the graphics, then why the need for all these new consoles without a revolutionary way of playing them. I agree the nintendo 64 games were the most memorable, they need to make more like those ;D 3 games that are the only good ones out there for the Wii, and how long has it been out for again?