Which one?

sonic123488

3 games that are the only good ones out there for the Wii, and how long has it been out for again?
It really depends on what you consider a 'good' game. Your buying decisions should pretty much be based around what games are out for it, and the ones that interest you. I don't really buy into the whole "PS3 is the best and will win because its the most powerful...if this were the case then the Xbox and GC should have outsold PS2 since they were both more powerful. To answer your question, Its been a year since it was launched, and 3 'good' games (I actually think there are more good games than that, but each to their own) isn't a bad run....I mean it was 1.5 years after launch that X360 got Halo 3, and 6 months for Gears of War. People don't just buy the premium games anyway.... I sort of got a Wii on the prospects I could see it having, eventually games will be made that really make excellent use of its unique features, and in the mean time there are still a few great games out for it, it really depends what you are in to. One other thing that might sound small, but the web browser on the Wii is actually a great little feature you will end up using, simple stuff like being able to watch youtube on the couch is nice.
But thats only one console out of like 7 consoles that actually made a new way of playing, like i said, you said games arent about the graphics, then why the need for all these new consoles without a revolutionary way of playing them
Its not only graphics, processing power plays a role in the need to develop new models every few years, there is the need for consoles to accept higher capacity storage media, and the need to interface with other technology (Eg ability to accept BR-D, wifi connectivity, compatible with USB devices etc)

I see the wii as Nintendo's next step in the revolution of game consols. I have always found Sony and xbox following Nintendo’s tracks. Even thou Nintendo have not always got it right they do try to think outside of the box. I believe if it was not for Nintendo and Sega then gaming may not be what it is today. It is easy to upgrade to a v8 from a v6 like Sony & xbox has but I say it takes balls to go out alone for a new concept. How good do you want graphics to get? Do you think it would be fun to see a live like person get their head blown off?

You cant deny that they only made new consoles for the graphics. But i guess gazzas right, they did upgrade it for the processor and new technology. Sonic, If you like blood and gore i wouldnt suggest a Wii, and i wouldnt get a PS3 because at the moment its sales arent very promising compared to the other 2 consoles, so maybe the games will be discountinued along with bluray, you never know.

Just to say something about the disc battle, Blu-ray has average capacity of 25 GB, HD DVD has less space (not sure of exact amount). Also though it seems crazy, for those who don't think about technical stuff, people are going to believe that HD DVD is just another version of DVD and, there is already a sizable amount of Blu-ray movies, HD DVD at the moment has a limited range.And I've ruled out an Xbox because I have a PSP and a Nintendo DS.(PSP compatible with PS3, DS with Wii)

Sonic, If you like blood and gore i wouldnt suggest a Wii, and i wouldnt get a PS3
I thought I said the opposite!

Well these are all good reasons, but I'm not finding out enough about the Wii to make a decision. Also I own a PS2, and my plan was to sell that to help pay for a PS3, because at the time it had backwards compatibility But since the 40 GB version(which isn't backward compatible) I haven't been sure, and I'm still not.
Like I did, buy one from ebay, you pay maximum of 600 for limited edition (only in japan) ceramic white 80 gig with built in NTSC/PAL converter + SIXAXIS controller + game of your choice (from the list). Actually I just checked ebay, there going for a larger price atm due to high demand for christmas. Oh Aidan what are you on about when you say there is no dual shock controller!? The dual shock came out when PS3 came out and at EB it was an extra 20 to upgrade to dual shock. post-1145-1197192930_thumb.jpg Also the PS3 controller does not use sensors like the Wii as you said... when they were first released they did but now they use accelerometers like in the iPod touch (i have one YAY). All the dual shocks use accelerometers although SIXAXIS is still using sensors like you said. People do buy new consoles for graphics however... but not just that... for quicker game play with state of the art processors, better game atmosphere, many more players in one game (great when you have heaps of buddies over). I think the whole XBOX 360 and PS3 battle is stupid. They both have there pros and cons. PS3 has better graphics while xbox has more game variety, ps3 has a more comfortable controller (voted on PCGamer) while the xbox controller actually lasts longer in game play. I prefer playstation simply because its what I owned most of my life and I love the shapes, easy to remember. I do own an xbox and xbox 360 but I find myself playing either games on the computer or ps2 more than the other two platforms. I do own a Wii however and I'm still not to keen on the console, most like because I don't have enough games yet. Thats my 2 cents :D

People do buy Consoles for the graphics, but what they pay for the console itself they should be getting a wide range of good games. If they know that they arent going to get the games that are worth the money of the console, then dont buy the console EDIT- MAde it make sense

Edited by PixelPushed

Also the PS3 controller does not use sensors like the Wii as you said... when they were first released they did but now they use accelerometers like in the iPod touch (i have one YAY). All the dual shocks use accelerometers although SIXAXIS is still using sensors like you said.
Sensor, Accelerometer. Tomato, Tomata. It doesn't really matter what name you use they still have the same effect - allowing users to use motion as an input method, and this has always been the case with the PS3. Dunno what you are saying anyway, the PS3 would have always used accelerometers.....

Dunno what you are saying anyway, the PS3 would have always used accelerometers.....
Thats what I thought as well but they used the sensors similar to Wii in there first releases (of course no sensor bar) but found it to be a pain... sorry no it was the proto-types I was thinking of.. my bad

I think you are confused. Both the Wii and the PS3 have accelerometers inside the controllers, so in this respect both controllers could do the same things in terms of these functions (though swinging a PS3 controller like a tennis racquet would be a bit awkward) But the Wii in addition has a 1 megapixel CCD on the end of the controller, and the sensor bar is a group of 8 LEDs which are a fixed distance apart. This is how the Wii accomplishes the pointer functions (eg in shooting games, in menus etc) The CCD sees the 8 LEDs and from the way they appear to the CCD the Wii can work out how far away it is and where it is pointing. The PS3 would have never used a system like this since there would have been simply no need (even in the prototypes) The Wii for the most part can do without the sensor bar too....Technically Wii sports can be played in its entirety without the sensor bar plugged in. When you say 'sensors' what a you referring to, sensors can come in many forms (optical, pressure, temperature, acceleration, shock, IR ect) so you need to be more specific

Edited by Gazza