Dreamworld idea?

Chaos-Maniac

Well I think we would all agree Dreamworld needs a big come back or major updates? I've created this thread to see what people think of my idea and get peoples idea's for Dreamworld. Pictures, diagrams etc would be great. *Hopes Dreamworld management look at this thread* My idea follows:

• Having a large coaster that loops around certain parts of the park, similar design to 'California Screaming' at California Adventure Park. Dreamworld lacks a good long coaster ride thats worth the line up and wait. I'd love to see a classic main-street coaster.
  • Fixing up Goldrush and Rocky Hollow. I feel they need to eliminate the use of the bridges here to connect the two themed lands if possible. However, I feel they should ultimately combine the two into one themed area, by doing so they would temporarily close of GoldRush country and Rocky Hollow for construction and with the addition of a new indoor coaster in replacement of Eureka Mine Ride.
  • Removing the chairlift station and poles. This is something that disturbs me. Why remove a ride and leave half or more still intact? :huh: Doesn't make sense. They need to remove these ASAP.
  • Making use of the 'island'. Dreamworld should make use of the island in the middle of their river/lake. They should turn it into a new themed area. I'd like to see something themed around typical 'Americana' style. Before the Captain Sturt paddle-steamer was re-painted it perfectly suited my idea as it seemed a 'Mississippi River' style. I'd like to see some classic family rides on the island as well as some new innovative ideas. Ferris wheel - Great success at Sea world, love to see that there.. Maybe something similar to the Sun Wheel at California Adventure Park.
  • Re-theming Cyclone, Tower Of Terror, Giant Drop and AVIS Vintage Cars (desperately needed here).

Anyways. Just my idea. What are yours? Come-on guys.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think we would all agree Dreamworld needs a big come back or major updates? I've created this thread to see what people think of my idea and get peoples idea's for Dreamworld. Pictures, diagrams etc would be great.*Hopes Dreamworld management look at this thread*My idea follows:
  • Having a large coaster that loops around certain parts of the park, similar design to 'California Screaming' at California Adventure Park. Dreamworld lacks a good long coaster ride thats worth the line up and wait. I'd love to see a classic main-street coaster.
  • Fixing up Goldrush and Rocky Hollow. I feel they need to eliminate the use of the bridges here to connect the two themed lands if possible. However, I feel they should ultimately combine the two into one themed area, by doing so they would temporarily close of GoldRush country and Rocky Hollow for construction and with the addition of a new indoor coaster in replacement of Eureka Mine Ride.
  • Removing the chairlift station and poles. This is something that disturbs me. Why remove a ride and leave half or more still intact? :huh: Doesn't make sense. They need to remove these ASAP.
  • Making use of the 'island'. Dreamworld should make use of the island in the middle of their river/lake. They should turn it into a new themed area. I'd like to see something themed around typical 'Americana' style. Before the Captain Sturt paddle-steamer was re-painted it perfectly suited my idea as it seemed a 'Mississippi River' style. I'd like to see some classic family rides on the island as well as some new innovative ideas. Ferris wheel - Great success at Sea world, love to see that there.. Maybe something similar to the Sun Wheel at California Adventure Park.
  • Re-theming Cyclone, Tower Of Terror, Giant Drop and AVIS Vintage Cars (desperately needed here).

DW needs a new attraction soon, not a family coaster ie., that bicycle thing (Mick Doohan) . It needs a major thrill coasterSix flags corp has had 2 x DEJA VU coasters up for sale. One remains, these Vekoma coasters are fantastic. Great ride, thrills etc. Sure the ride capacity per hour can be slightly on the bad side. However so is DW's Cylcone. The teething porblems have been ironed out. Sure it's not brand new, but it may be a good quick investment that wont break the bank. Look here DW http://www.irmpri.com/product.htm.Maybe they could call it the TWISTER. It may even go with a major sponsor of BB, that makes a wrap with a similar name..DW wake up and smell the coffee..... I will even grind the beans for you..

DeJa Vu is crap and has to much downtime. Last time I was at SFMG the ride broke down numerous time throughout the day, that was back in 05.. only two years ago.. and talk is the DeJa Vu is still being a well I can't use that word on these forums. I just personally think DW needs to tidy up there act. No point in saying my ideas here as everyone has already said them in numerous (what is next or how could dreamworld be better) forums. Just the fact they class the Mick Doohan a thrill annoys me. But I don't think DW will be like it use to be.

Isn't it just the SF ones that have reliability problems? From what I have heard Stunt Fall has not had any of the problems that the SF ones have had. Seems the problems have been somewhat sorted anyway. From Wikipedia (http://tinyurl.com/yqr86h): When Six Flags ordered their four Giant Inverted Boomerangs (GIB's), Stunt Fall was the last to be installed. When Six Flags saw the issues that the first three had, they allowed Vekoma to go and work out all of the problems before installation. This is why Stunt Fall ran on a more consistent basis. Vekoma has since implemented this system on their other three GIB's. Now all of these coasters run on a regular basis, possibly due to the removal of sensors to monitor speed.

It is a good ride and would look pretty impressive sitting in the middle of the island.
Thats actually a good idea. I'd love to see that happen? Only problem is, how would guests get onto the island considering the paddle steamer is in the way for a bridge.. Unless they design a bridge that would open up when the paddle steamer goes through?
Ferris wheel - Great success at Sea world, love to see that there.. Maybe something similar to the Sun Wheel at California Adventure Park.
Like I said originally, I'd love to see a replica of the Sun Wheel however.. in place of the sun, they could put the Dreamworld logo. It'd become a good source of advertisement. While the Ferris wheel would create a nice pleasent classic family ride, there would also be abit of thrills thrown in for those wishing to ride the moving carages. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Wheel Your ideas? I'd love to see a coaster and the SunWheel on the island.

But by that same notion, since would the people at DW let you tape a mobile phone or whatever to the ride for the sole purposes of making a 'fake' to publish on youtube? Maybe next time I'm at DW I can ask if they will let my camera take a solo ride on GD. Seems like something someone from operations would do when nobody is around (hence it being nighttime with no visible guests wandering around) , interesting nevertheless.

Edited by Gazza

If you look closely you'll notice the picture changes just before take-off. (Actually, you really don't need to look that closely.) No doubt the later shot was taken with the person safely in place with lap-bar down and the phone/cam pointing backwards in his upraised hand.

Yeah Derwan has probably hit the nail on the head as to how it would have been done. I did notice the break, but since the camera moved again after that I reasoned they still must have been standing and had not affixed the camera to something, I hadn't considered them sitting down pointing it backwards, but yeah that would have to be it.

Well I think we would all agree Dreamworld needs a big come back or major updates? I've created this thread to see what people think of my idea and get peoples idea's for Dreamworld. Pictures, diagrams etc would be great. *Hopes Dreamworld management look at this thread* My idea follows:

I'll suggest it at the next staff metting and ill tell them about this website