Dreamworld idea?

Chaos-Maniac

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of the Sun Wheel concept, it would be a great alternative to Sea World's offering. I have also been on the Sun Wheel at DCA and found it a lot of fun - scary - but a lot of fun. However, I also think the Dreamworld logo is a stupid idea. It wouldn't help advertising because people will know Dreamworld is there anyway. It's like advertising Coca-Cola in the Coca-Cola Factory. Plus, it would make the whole ride seem overly generic. The whole point of Paradise Pier (before Toy Story came along) was to bring across some typical Californian-lifestyle themed rides; hence Mulholland Madness, Orange Stinger, Golden Zephyrs etc. If Dreamworld did decide (and this would come as a shock at the least) to open that island up to a new land, I think the wheel should be themed around that land. Theme it to something somewhat generic, but effective. I think a big coaster or a HUSS ride should be considered next. Something needs to maintain Dreamworld's spot as a thrill park. EDIT: Someone is going to get fired for doing that TOT video. It can't possibly be real though. You can see how the camera flicks, obviously, he's sat down and is holding the camera backwards.

Edited by myk

Thanks guys for your support on my ideas. I'd love to see my ideas implemented into the park, I think they could really benefit from them..

No.... i'll say that Chaos maniac posted it and say he has some really goood ideas?
Okkies. Lol. I was only joking anyways. I highly doubt Dreamworld would even listen anyways.. So go ahead if you wish.
I like the idea of the Sun Wheel concept, it would be a great alternative to Sea World's offering
My point exactly. They really need to rival Sea World. Similar to how Movie World is battling Dreamworld in terms of towers (EG: DW = Tower Of Tower. MW = Batman Spaceshot). Dreamworld should show Sea World that there is more to just the classic wheel, but thrills thrown in too!
I have also been on the Sun Wheel at DCA and found it a lot of fun - scary - but a lot of fun
I've never been on it, or a similar one. However, Dreamworld claims it has good thrills.. and TOT, Giant Drop, The Claw IMO are outdated thrills. For me, something scary is thrilling.. I don't know how others work. But if I'm scaried, I'm thrilled.

Guest jake-train

wat they need is 2 build a big rollercoaster that will overtake MDMC or i recond is 2 build more stuff at rockey hallow becasue they can't call a place a theam world bit when all that there is there is a lof ride witch is in good condistions and could build a second 1 but like bigger,faster,taller and funner here are my IDERS for rockey hollow: 1. put on-ride photos on the logride. 2. add a bigger cafe becasues the one that they have now is way to small and then u end up having to sit like on the fance or somwhere. so there they are

humm.. camera's on the actual ride.. lets put people out of a job..
What is wrong with that? heaps of rides have cameras where they take your photo (TOT, GD, Cyclone, Bermuda Triangle, Tornado, Mammoth Falls, Superman Escape, Lethal Weapon etc) so who is losing a job? Last time I checked people are needed to run the photo store at the exit where people buy the photos, and surprise surprise that creates jobs.
and also.. cameras on the raft.. people would break them..
Actually, a number of rides I have ridden (and know of) have cameras pointing towards the faces of riders on-board so after the ride you can buy a DVD of your ride experience, such as the West coaster at Santa Monica Pier, and the Sierra Sidewinder at Knotts Berry Farm. I never saw any broken cameras...its just a small lens that is protected. And anyway you would be foolish to try and break it since the camera would record you doing the act.

Hmm... that shouldn't happen... and WWW Fan, seems like someone liked my signature wink.gif It's not a problem you having it though
Sorry to be so damn off topic, but I could've sworn I made that userbar... *Checks for original files* No problem with anyone using it, but I do hope you weren't taking credit for it. :P /End childish ranting I spent hours researching the Sun Wheel when I first saw it but I forget everything! :P Are there any kind of restraints or doesn't it rock enough for them to be required? Would be good a competitor against the Sea World Eye... if there was any... I've always been a fan of strange and quirky concepts rather than pure height/speed etc. I wouldn't mind a Vekoma RollerSoaker/Splash Party at Dreamworld or WhiteWater World, and I do remember some rumours concerning one... (Then again, someone also said the ToH slides would pass through the loop on Cyclone).

Nah, no restraints, it never can get steep enough, and really its the back and forth movement which is the fun part. It seemed to have a slow moving line which is nothing like what Gisnep normally does with their operations, it comes down to them not loading the 8 person pods to capacity, it was pretty much one group to a pod. On the plus side, everybody goes for the swinging pods so the normal ones are just a walk on. Personally, I couldn't care less about competing with SW, I could think of better rides to throw down millions on than the sun wheel...Its an ok ride, but I'd rather other stuff.

I want to see a huge drop roller coaster somewhere in the world that plummets you down into an underground tunnel. If the claw makes you think your face is going to be planted into the ground, then imagine what your heartrate would do if you actually did intersect the ground plane at speed. Probably it would kill people from heart attacks, and be shut down.

It could go under the car park a couple of times but have theming like a cave with Aboriginal rock art or something. "DREAMTIME" The ride logo could be something really primal too.
Does that mean they'd have to dig up the car park first? :unsure: Hmm, I don't mind that idea actually. It could be themed into GoldRush Country quite well too as Aboriginal's had a big part in the Gold Rush. I don't know how it would work bout I'd like to see it done.

Guest jake-train

yeah thaxs gazza u can just like put the on ride photo thing when the logride is about to do the big drop it would be perfect becasue when u think about it all flume-rides hav on,ride,photos and stuff so i recon the log ride could be better if it did :D ...

Well I always thought of using a tunneling technique to create a vertical drop coaster's vertical drop going in to the edge of the lake(so not to disrupt Sturts Paddle steamer) and an overbanked turn coming out in the area in between Wiggles World or tiger island, lift hill going over the lake again supports not disrupting paddle steamer, theming it to lets say "tiger dive". Or to one of the animals in the Australian Wildlife expierience.

Yep- you all get the idea. :D I would recommend a near vertical drop from a respectable height but instead of a corkscrew you have a simple small negative G wave/bump on the way down- just so everyone gets a damn good and terrifying look at the ground coming up without the persons head in the car in front getting in the way. Then it's oh S..T! where did my visual of the ground go? Gotta be heart attack city :o Thanks Gaz and Tony for the pics, but to me the concept could be taken to a much greater level of fear. I think the Hades concept is a fear of running into a stone wall and gazzas pic shows a ride that for my money has far too many visual clues for the riders as to just where the ground plane is. Detracts from the terror I think. Mind you and I hasten to add............. there is no bloody way I would ever ride on it :(

I really like the Aboriginal Idea, I had a coaster in mind for dreamworld that I though up, It could fit into the area where the new vintage cars have opened up, a new land themed to aboriginal "dream time". A inverted B&M named 'Minka' which is a aboriginal myth/legend stating that if you ever looked at this bird it was instant death. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minka_Bird I though that it would be pretty awesome having the traditional land owners history on show for all the tourist, and dreamworld is possibly the only park that could pull it off (not saying MW cant but they are based around movies) They could have aboriginal dancers and everything, I think it would be cool. zane.