Sign in to follow this  
Gold Coaster

TV Alert - House On Haunted Hill

4 posts in this topic

On TV tonight is 'House on Haunted Hill', a really crappy horror movie. Where thrills come into this instead is that an opening scene was shot using the Incredible Hulk at Universal Islands of Adventure in Orlando. Just a heads-up as it piqued my interest since the first time I saw this movie it was 6 years before I did the ride so didn't know which one it was. It's a great coaster & so you should take five minutes out of your TV viewing tonight to check out the scene.

Edited by Tony Teulan

At the very beginning, I think there is an asylum scene set in the past (what the house used to be). So keep the volume muted and just glance at the TV until it's over. Can't recall the scene from memory though so don't know how bad it gets. The amusement park scene would be after that. Unless my memory is wrong and the backstory is shown later in the movie.

At the very beginning, I think there is an asylum scene set in the past (what the house used to be). So keep the volume muted and just glance at the TV until it's over. Can't recall the scene from memory though so don't know how bad it gets. The amusement park scene would be after that. Unless my memory is wrong and the backstory is shown later in the movie.
It is a great movie, have hired it on DVD a few times (on my to get list). You would be right with it being around 5 minutes into the film. Has been a few years since last seeing it but found it a good movie. There is a sequel to it but I am yet to see it as I don't know if it will be as good as the first. The one that is on tonight is actually a remake. I have not seen the original but I doubt today it would be as scary/thrilling as the new version.