Tasmanian Devil

coasterfreak

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had called the park and asked when the Tasmanian Devil would be back and was advised that it was sometime in Nov... The operator than advised me that she would put me through to someone who could answer that question and transferred me to the Maintenance Dept. The call was answered as "Maintenance Dept"; I asked the gentleman the same question and got that answer. I do not know people within this dept. but I do know people in other divisions within the park. coasterfreak

On the same note as the Tazzi Devil. At last years eastershow I went on a ride similar to it(Not the snow ski one!). It had a space theming to it. And the speeds it travelled at was "scary" to a point. And it went backwards aswell. I'm also sure it went faster than the tazzi devil. A good proposal would be to add a tunnel to the tazzi devil. I think it would make the ride allot more interesting.

It almost sounds like a description of Wizards fury.... Its a similar ride except the cars hang in the air like the tazzi devil. Concerning Wizards Fury. I'v only been on the ride 2 times. Its a good ride but not really scary, but for the younger kids would be a great Thrill. The top speed of the ride was pretty good though. The only objection I have to the ride is being spat on by my friend some years back. He was on the front seet and I was in the very back row. But lets say I got him back on the Bush Beast 8) ....

I thought the Wizards Fury was a great ride, it offer something a bit different. I really wish they hadn't gotten rid of it. Aparently it was for maintanace reasons which I guess it fair enough, it was pretty old. However there are an awful lot of Schwarzkopf rides still out there operating. I'd probably guess it was more a matter of WL not wanting to pay to keep it maintained as oposed to it not being possible to keep running any more.

• 1 month later...

Wizards was old, parts expensive and hard to come by and last of all it was LOUD!- Significant factor the last. It was a great ride but had to go. The reason I am posting in this topic is I'm wondering if anyone is giving good odds re: Taz making a return or not. Any takers? What are your thoughts?

Opposite Banjo's would be Gold Nugget the last time I was there unless it has moved :? It's definitely the way to go get people into the park. By the way, I'm tipping Taz won't be back. The figure I've heard to fix it is astronomical, and would be much better going towards a deposit on something new... The ride probably isn't worth this figure any longer. Just some more abuse for the operators to put up with, whilst Taz missing. Parents always get fired up about that ride for some reason.

With regards to tiger cubs getting more people to visit Wonderland...Perhaps it may do that however it won't get as many people as adding a new ride. If Taz is ofline & isn't being fixed/replaced, then there's another reason for Wonderpass holders to feel ripped off. The price of these passes goes up each year & they add nothing new & infact take out rides without putting anything in they're place. IMO Wonderland really needs a few new ( decent ) rides there to keep the " Wonderpass " alive & well.

Nah mate, Union Picnic day. 15,000 bloody maniacs for operators to contend with. Queues of 90 mins just don't interest me somehow. I wonder how its going??? Wallgrove Rd and its surrounds was apparently a sh*tfight according to the radio. Lucky I'm home already and don't have to get involved in that :P

• 2 weeks later...

RIP Tasmanian Devil I was in the park today looking at the Lion Cubs as I was walking away to go on Endeavour I passed Tasmanian Devil and noticed that all the signage had been taken down. I personally think that Tasmanian Devil is gone for good and that as the Lions get bigger they will expand the enclosure to where Tasmanian Devil was. "The Bus is now leaving for Egg, Austria"

Yeah, I was told that the ride had little chance of survival. Apparently they couldn't get the ride operational again. It'll be missed, I had some great fun on that ride. However, I would love to see the lion cub area extended. Judging by yesterday's crowd huddled around the area, this area will be successful as the polar bears are at Sea World. Bye Tassie :( ~Liam